Is there any order to the country flag pins?

I’m still waiting for the English flag to come up, I’ve seen a Welsh and Scottish flag, but no English one yet

1 Like

Never seen an England flag
20 England flags please
@Petri - can you confirm if there is and England (George Cross) flag available as a pin from the shop

3 Likes

After a long time, today the Canadian flag was on the avatar shop and I got it :star_struck:
But still, I believe that all country flags should always be available for purchase. Every player have to always have access to their country’s flag

4 Likes

Central American flags would be great too. But seems there are many more important countries before us. Guatemala, El Salvador, Honduras, Nicaragua, Costa Rica, Panamá. Sad.

I also ask you for Slovakia flag. Do you read this chat?

The flags are on a 127 day cycle. I’ve put it up here
Hopefully I’ve identified all of the flags correctly.

3 Likes

Hey, the order seems right, but the predicted dates are out.

Yeah, good point. I’ll check on that one tomorrow.

Looks like there was a ‘repeat’ of 5 flags back in January, so the gap prior to that was 127 days, but it actually should be 122 days. Also, Ukraine is in the cycle twice. Most likely because I misidentified one of them, so I’ll keep an eye out for what happened there.

1 Like

It’s simple marketing. And quite efficient, too… as long as you’re looking for a specific pin, you’ll visit the store every day for a long time. Might as well buy something else while you’re there…

1 Like

Don’t think you misidentified Ukraine, as I had no flags images left over. It does seem to be repeated.

I renamed Catalonia to Catalan and changed the emoji pins to their emoji names, as that’s what they are better known by.

There are a couple of thing need fixing if you have the info to hand.

1 Like

That is helpful, thanks! What flag list did you use to know there aren’t any left over?
I don’t keep screenshots of the pins/flags, so I’ll have to wait until they cycle around to fix any of the other questions you have.

I found the missing info for Fire/Element Fire and renamed Holland to Netherlands, so this should be final.

7 Likes

That’s awesome! I think the only pending question is why there seems to be 2 Ukraine’s, one after Wales (which was today), and one after Cool, which we should see on Dec 5th. Hopefully I’ll remember when that rolls around!

I’m guessing it was to make the code that rotates the offer easier, as 122 is a third of a year. If they had gone with 121, they would have needed 123 for the last third of the year which is more pins than they have, duplicating one resolves that issue.

Not sure why Ukraine, as it’s not quite the last one alphabetically as Vietnam has always been in since they added pins. Maybe the person doing the coding was Ukrainian or maybe they just picked one at random or maybe they shuffled the list before realising they needed to duplicate one, and Ukraine was at the end of the list, so they duplicated it and shuffled again. Seems odd that they didn’t just add one of the emojis that they left out though and why a black flag? who knows.

Call me crazy, but I’m still not understanding why all of these aren’t available for purchase at any time.

I know they are banking on the expectation that players will stick around for 6 months and check the shop every day waiting for their country’s pin, hoping that the player won’t have enough gems available and will then be pressured into buying extra gems on that day for the specific purpose of purchasing their national pin…

A few problems with that “model”.

• First, what if the player doesn’t actually stick around long enough for their country to pop up in the rotation? That’s lost revenue…
  • Second, what if the player happens to miss the one day when their country pops up? More lost revenue…
  • Third, what if the player is on that day and checks the shop, sees the pin is available, but they are lacking the available funds to purchase it that day? Lost revenue…

Once again. Here I am proposing a “crazy” idea. What if… they offered every national pin for sale every day?

“TGW there you go again with your crazy nutcase ideas that would totally ruin the entire balance of the game!”

We’re talking about country pins here. Not sure how that would throw off the balance of the universe-

“SHUT UP TGW!!! You are ruining the elegant beauty of RNG that keeps everything in this game in balance! Stop suggesting ideas that some players might appreciate! If you want to buy something, see Zocc in the Boblin Gallooon. For $4.99 he can put a stamp on your forehead.”

Okay, okay, sorry…

3 Likes

The only thing that i do not like on this flags and other pins, that they are a lil bit to big in my opinion. The avatars and flags often don‘t fits very well, so i do not use my flag on the avatars i like the most. Just some examples. I just wish, they would give us the ability to mirror the avatar pics…

image image image image imageimage

2 Likes

Why is there no England Flag?
There’s a UK, Scotland and Wales flag, but I don’t see England.
It needs to be added to the rotation

2 Likes

Totally agree, there really needs to be an England George Cross flag

2 Likes

Does anyone know if there is a Togo pin?

I check as often as I can, but I’ve never seen it. I feel like there should be a Togo pin… but… maybe there isn’t.

I dunno

Sigh.