Is there a benefit for warring in high-powered, coordinated alliances vs in weaker, FFA alliances?

(sorry, wrong thread lol)

In the nicest terms possible it’s time for you to find a new alliance. My old one was like that…I couldn’t stay sane and continue with it.

4 Likes

Yeahhh… I run a fairly casual alliance of friends and family… our “minimum requirements” are super low (practically nonexistent), and we regularly give passes for missing titan hits and whatnot…

But just using one flag in war? No. Without a valid excuse, that does not fly.

If you know that you don’t have the time (or the will) to use all 6 war flags, don’t even opt into the war in the first place.

I will not punish any member for opting out of wars.
I will not punish any member for missing a titan.
I will not punish any member for not being able to log in due to real life circumstances.
I will not punish any member for missing a few war flags due to an emergency.

But willfully and knowingly throwing a war for my team? That is not acceptable.

The expectations are simple. War only if you want to and are able to use all flags. Otherwise? Stay off my battlefield. Non-warring members are still welcome to hang out in my alliance, just don’t go mucking up wars for those of us who take them seriously. Alliance Wars are serious business for some of us, bruh. If you don’t like the heat, stay out of the kitchen. Please and thank you.

4 Likes

Well explained @Guvnor, and it’s very true. I’ve been in some of the best alliances of E&P and I can definitely attest that not all war strategies are rigorous, although some definitely are. Also the titan chaining and loot is major, I spent a few months in a rest alliance of the family alliance I was in and man did I miss those bigger loot drops when I came back to active game play.

There’s also the advice you get from the experienced players, that is probably one of my favorite perks of being in top tier alliances. The play strategies you learn and such are wonderful. Top that off with the close knit feel and it’s a great thing.

I was in one low level alliance when I first started playing, went to top tier within 3 months and my entire game playing changed for the better. Haven’t looked back since, and top alliances are pretty cool with one another which allows for friendly and fun competition. :slight_smile:

My current alliance is very casual while still super competitive, amazing to find that balance I wouldn’t have thought it was real if I had not experienced it lmao. We’re chaining 14s within the first 10 hours and haven’t skipped a titan in god knows how long.

2 Likes

Family alliances are cool because there’s tends to be alliances for all levels.

I won’t name them as I’m sure I’ll miss some out but the knowledge as @LadyAchilles says is huge. We have an event group in ours and without that I’d not be nailing events like I am now.

For our wars we have a super loose war strategy. There’s a couple of “smash” zone times for those that like to coordinate and there’s a bit of FFA for those that can’t get on in those times. We all know our strengths and weaknesses and we go for as many 1 shots as possible at the top with cleaners there for the mop ups. We don’t spends hours a day discussing it though we do have a war group where we do discuss defences and hero’s and synergy.

Our top team is a Top 20 team and they are super coordinated. We are usually around 500th and are competitive but a lot more casual.

2 Likes

Feel it necessary to point out… there are actually two completely different definitions of family alliances.

There are alliances that are multiple alliances grouped together as a “family” of alliances (with different levels, from trainee to professional)…

Then there are alliances that are composed of people who are actual family members. These tend to be smaller private groups with mixed level players and mixed activity levels, like maybe your uncle is level 8 and still trying to figure out how to level up his Bane (after 3 months of playing); meanwhile, your grandma (who you personally taught how to play a mere 6 months ago) somehow just reached top 10 in the global leaderboards; you look at the insane heroes she has on her defense team and realize that she has found a way to spend the rest of her retirement funds (and then it occurs to you that you probably won’t be inheriting a dime…)

Then there are family family alliances… LOL. I used to run one (err… two, rather) of those… multiple alliances composed of family members who are at different levels of game play.

But that’s probably a very rare thing. Much more common are the alliance “families” that are comprised of multiple alliances at different levels. That is a great system for the most part, as long as everyone is on the same page and they maintain steady leadership.

As a player in an alliance with pretty much zero coordination I would inject that we still maintain a better than 50% winrate in wars.

Mainly because the top players are less interested in individual stats and more interested in how the alliance does. I personally have no problem doing cleanup to get a flip even though I am one of the top players.

3 Likes

Yeah, individual points are meaningless in war as far as their value goes. How do you get everyone on the same page as far as OSK’s versus tank busting versus clean up if you don’t have some level of coordination? That’s something I’ve noticed in my alliance is that most of the strong players try to OSK in a good range. Some players with weaker teams hold back to do clean ups but others seem to hit teams that they have no chance against, yielding under 20 points (often under 10 points).

You are welcome! We are here when you think you can join.
Have fun!

War loot is the same regardless of your war score.

In the past, your war score was heavily based on how many matches you’ve recently won. But now I think it’s more based on your roster. I think they are tweaking the algorithm, our matches are much closer now, we don’t have the other team destroying us after winning 2 matches now.

Being in a coordinated alliance might just be worth it for your peace of mind, especially if missed flags or others not trying or caring bothers you.

In short, yes it’s worth it, if that’s what you like.

1 Like

I used to be in a casual, open, very mixed alliance with no coordination, little management and support. When we kept losing people and wars i bid them farewell.

Now I’m in a family of alliances, with very active people, possibilities to develop, support, and actual rules - feels great. I wish I left the previous one sooner.

If you are an enthusiastic player, spending or not, i really would advise anyone to seek alliance fit for them. Didnt know it could be that fun and helpful, thinking that “it’s just mobile game,no way they have real guilds and communities in it”.

Happy to found my place and international team :slight_smile:

1 Like