Is the game really P2W? or not?

If you are fighting to make this a fair game in that those who do not pay will have opportunities equal to those who do pay, you can stop now.

The only way to do this is cut out cash payment offers which include non-farmable materials. That is a profit source for a company which is in this business to turn that profit.

How can you change that in a way fair to all if the game is to continue?

2 Likes

You went too far here: everything is available to all. Not equally, though. If you buy any ascesion material, it puts you ahead in the game vs one whose only source is winning it.

To address those who complain they deserve better for their money is a first step on the path to madness.

Then, what do you address? Lots has been said without answers, and this has brought us to this.

If I state that the devs have made a mis-statement which is not only wrong, but mis-leading, will it ever be addressed?

Try the statements in elemental summonses about how odds are better for drawing a legendary hero. Math says can’t be true for all of them unless there has been an adjustment in the drop rates. But is that what you mean? How do we get an answer?

1 Like

I’m not sure if I can change anything for the better. Some things aren’t allright at the moment (p2w, gamble, loss of communication…) and I’m sure something has to be done, before this game gets even worse. I started playing in november and things dramatically changed since this time. To have the fear, that it gets even worse, is just normal. In my alliance there f2p and “c2p” members and the difference is easy to spot. I saw players with half my level who drew 10x the hotm. I think this is crazy.

How did I go too far? I was trying to point out that if people didn’t get some sort of positive benefit to their gameplay from spending money, then when nobody spends any money at all, the game goes away and everyone loses.

I have some questions which I like to see being answered by some players who have been around much longer than I am. I started in april of this year.

Why? I think it’s needed for me, and maybe for more players, to have an idea of how the game actually has been shifiting into the ‘P2W’ direction. When I read all the posts about this I do believe it does, but I think more clarity can possibly adjust my very optimistic general thoughts.

I’ll quote the original post and I formulate my questions based on this. In order to keep my post a bit smaller, I will remove the automatic formatting of the text when you quote a part of it. I have read @Avicious his post of a year ago at My Perspective on the State of the Game. It did not answer my questions yet unfortunately. I also did not read through all the patch notes, so excuse me for being lazy and choosing the easy way. :relaxed:

“I’m concerned about the number of people in our community taking breaks from the game or quitting altogether.”

I have no idea how many players are involved here. #1. Is it an idea to start a poll and ask a question about this subject? I understand that we will not reach everyone, but it can give us a statistical idea about the extent to which the visitors of this forum have fun playing the game. It seems to me the right group of people to ask this to, because I assume that the visitors of this forum are generally attached to the game. Players as @AnjaValkyrie for example, would vote that they are still playing but find it impossible to do so in the intense way as they did before. It might be something which could open the eyes of all of us.

“I remember posting a similar complaint about a year ago when Ascension items were way too difficult to obtain. You fixed that, and we moved past it.”

#2. What solutions have resolved this problem back then?

I still read tons of messages of players complaining about a lack of ascension materials.

#3. Have the solutions of the past disappeared or are they no longer sufficiently solution-oriented due to the introduction of new content?

“I understand that there is a business model. I understand that summoning hero is essentially gambling. But, it didn’t used to be like this, in my opinion.”

#4. How does it exactly differ at the moment compared to then?
Is it only the feeling that it was less gambling and therefore a higher chance on summoning great heroes? Is it the less frequent appearance of Epic Hero tokens as mentioned in several threads?

I hope someone could answer these and make the situation a bit more clear for me.

1 Like

Your argument seems to say anyone who pays deserves better.

It is close to the argument that those who have paid and not received what they wanted make about deserving more since they paid.

Someone named the wars and it seems a good point to clarify that in terms of pairing an Elkanen weighs the same as an Alby …

That’s a hard one to draw the line on the results from spending where fairness for FTP vs paying players is, but bluntly, if there is no benefit at all from paying, the game dies because nobody contributes towards it’s upkeep.

The post I was responding to originally seemed to be saying that there actually should NOT be ANY benefit at all for players who pay money because it’s unfair to people who don’t pay anything. That’s just not a sustainable state if anyone wants the game to continue.

1 Like

And I responded to that free to win player’s post as well.

I’ve said this before but at this point this game feel like it’s P2L, pay to lose. Investing time, money, energy, loyalty, nothing matters. Sure paying gives you more chances at nothing, and investing tons of time and patients give you a longer span to receive nothing but at the end of the day, people are sick of investing whatever their choice of currency is and receiving nothing in return. And the worst part is all of our justified concerns are dismissed under the RNG clause or by the one or two guys who have been extremely lucky.

7 Likes

@Petri It looks like after weeks of ignoring the questions and concerns of hundreds of your customers you guys finally won. Topic is dead, season two came out and the money is rolling in once again. Good job guys, keep up the good work.

2 Likes

They even delete my topic with words “We do not debate our moderation decisions and your forum topic has been removed due to Forum Rules violations”. I asked what rules me violated, checked all btw, and recieve nothing. Made screenshots, added there and they deleted with that words^^. Dictatorship

1 Like

Just a kind reminder that private messages are not allowed to be shared on the forum. We also don’t debate our moderation decisions. Thanks! Carry on. :slight_smile:
Private messages of dictatorship not allowed^^

We would like to send a complaint to the
game administration about the second season of the game, where we were surprised to find that each stage of the map needs 16 world energy flag to achieve both the normal and difficult levels, which makes most players stop playing continuously in the map , as well as the inability to complete the excavations.

The second complaint is regarding the wu kong, where its failures have increased and is no longer as effective as before in titan , which will result in a delay in most of the alliances from what it used to be , because of the weak strikes.

The third complaint would be about the power of tarlak, which is considered as an epic and destructive force that makes the player who possess it far more superior than the player who does not . We haven’t found a hero yet which increases the strength of 160 percent without failure, and that makes it almost inevitable to have by most players, yet it is difficult to get and the chances of its appearance are very rare and expensive.

I fail to see your complaint about players having Tarlak vs those that don’t.
Since the games launch there have been desirable heros that some players attain, whilst others don’t. All this makes me do is strive to find a strategy to beat them, using the heros I have at my disposal.
Failing that, I’ll reroll to avoid them :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Tarlak doesn’t do that alone, he does it via stacking others. Wu can also stack with those same people as well.

This is incorrect. There is no provision in either the fourm rules or community guidelines prohibiting (or even discouraging) the sharing of private messages.

The forum rules make it very clear that

Rules can be added, removed or changed at any time, and a website notification will be given when such changes occur. This is a private forum, operated and owned by Small Giant Games.

So if SG decide they want a rule against sharing private messages, then they would be perfectly within their rights to introduce one immediately, amending the rules accordingly.

But as of right now, two days after @Petri’s post, no such rule exists.

(It might be a little bit rude to share a private message without asking permission of the other party beforehand. On the other hand, nothing is ‘off the record’ unless that is agreed in advance, and it would be extremely presumptuous to think that the contents of a private message would be kept secret for no particular reason.)

I await with interest any change to the forum rules and will, as always, behave in accordance with them. But for now, again, there is no prohibition on sharing private messages.

(I’m a flawed person who often makes mistakes. If anyone can see anything in the forum rules or community guidelines that prohibits the sharing of private messages, please feel free to point out my stupidity.)

7 Likes

It is “only” 100%:
160% is the cap that you can obtain wito Tarlak’s + other buffs

Perhaps private messages falls under respecting other’s privacy? Or it could be the 2nd sentence in point #11 limits respecting privacy to only posting your own and/or other’s personal information.