Is Telluria still viable on offense? (post nerf)

I usually raid 3-2 with a healer in each color, and I think she’s still solid on offense as a secondary healer, particularly if you are also using Evelyn, so that her otherwise weak hit does a bit more damage.

Even though it only lasts two turns, the mana slow is useful when you need to clear some bad tiles from the board.

2 Likes

i think she is not that good in offense anymore where she used to be quite nice. like i’ve said before she does everything and that is bad. she is on par, if not maybe even worse than (fully emblemed) melendor now. i run evelyn, lianna, kingston, elkanen mono. 5th place used to be melendor, now telluria and i think i might switch for melendor again.

mana slow for 2 turn is quite situational and in my experience has much less effect on defending team than on offense. heal is weak, minions now tend to die in one slash etc. previously telluria helped my team survive, now… the only thing i can point out as good over melendor, surprisingly enough, is her attack. sometimes she will kill weakened (eve plus sniper) enemy thus enabling elkanen to fire on the stronger half of the team.

i’ve said it a thousad times- i would remove her man generation entirely and keep the healing and minions intact. that way she would have been a strong hero on offense as well as defense. but yeah, ahrd to argue with people unable to get their head out of their nether places to realize she was OP and needed to be changed. SG is to blame for caving under pressure and executing this weird nerf where she is still extra annoying in defense and crappy on offense.

2 Likes

I just want to point out that if you have Mother North, Telluria was and still is a monster on offense. I have max emblems on both and the survivability on both of them is off the charts, it doesn’t really matter what happens to the other 3 heroes because once MN and Telly fire they’re coming back with two minions and heal over time. I’ve had so many raids where my starting board is a disaster but I come back to win easily because of this duo.

Costume Melendor could of course serve in this role too, but the lack of tankiness compared to Telly undermines the strategy.

2 Likes

Before nerf im 2700 + cup. Offense 3/5 win
Post nerf a few min go 2500 cups. Offense 2/10 win.
I was thinking to get ursena in the center again. I keep lossing my cups.
Just sharing my sad experience.

2 Likes

We are not discussing a center here, we discussing here nerfed Telluria as OFFENSIVE HEALER (in attack).

1 Like

Who you guys would use if stacking green if you need the heal .
A well rounded C.melendor which has by far more attack then Telluria and heals more plus the defense up or telluria post nerf?

I use both of them, just on separate teams. I’ve found Tell to be solid on offense still, but as someone else mentioned I use her with eve and I use a secondary healer off color so… yeah.

1 Like

She is the only healer in my strongest war team 3/2 green purple. Haven’t found a drastic difference in offense after the nerf. 500hp heal over 2 turns is good enough for me + the crit chance + that she is so beefy that takes 2 hits from snipers and that’s also quite useful in offense. Still bettet than Tarlak or Rat in a 3/2 imo. Not even commenting on 4* - they are incomparable for 4650+ teams opponents in war

On my raid team I use costume melandor (+20) over telluria. His tiles damage are amazing (830) and I really value the dispell and the defense buff.

I use telluria only on my 6th war team on offense. She’s okay but I prefer my costume melandor:/

2 Likes

Right, cause no one uses Rigard. Costumes and emblems make 4 star healers very viable. I take quite a few 4s over fives because they are simply better and faster.

5 Likes

We were talking green! Had Mel with costume at +20 - enjoyed him a lot but is not even close to Rigard +18.

Mel was something like 800/700/1300 where my Rigards + 18 are 800+ fef and 1400hp+ so yes not in the same league for survivability

Your comment seemed broader then that, my bad, also Mel with costume can have better defensive stats then that, mine does. I use him over alby, because he has better stats, he’s faster speed and he dispels. Anyway, not important, you’re obviously a solid player and do fine with what you select, I’m just saying that 4s are viable, sometimes even preferred.

Ops, I mistook your comment…
I usually bring her together with Vivica+18 or Grazul+4

I wouldn’t bring Melendor together with her, I never run two healers of the same element.

Agreed !

I bring costume melandor against 4500+ TP. He is doing great and bring much more value than the current version of telluria at faster speed (unless you have a 23 mana troop).

Not arguing they are not - have 4 Rigards lol.

Was replying to OP whether Telly is still viable on offense. Imo she is still great and will continue to use her as before as don’t see a better alternative in green as a whole package and what she brings, especially in 3/2 how i play

2 Likes

I’ve been experimenting with a war attack team of:
Mother North, Gadeirus, Telluria, Brynhild, C. Melandor

Really difficult to kill off this team and fun if you’re into 15 minute long battles.

I think viable offensively yes, definitely. Great…probably not. Been taking her out with Evelyn and Margaret (3/70) to test Margaret. I’ve been consistently winning against blue tanks over 4300/4400 TP even with an unfinished hero so clearly viable but now I kind of not notice that I just fired her special a second ago. She just blends into the background more but still does her job

On defense I haven’t really lost cups, early times but I’m still waking up around 2650. Can’t ask more of a tank.

I’m fighting 4400+ TP teams in this week’s tourney with a <3900 TP team of mostly emblemed 4*, with a Telly+3 as my only 5*. I use her for the meat shields she provides (pseudo healing) and to slow down the enemy. She helped me place top 1% as of now so clearly she can’t be that bad on offense, just sayin’.

I think people just used to bung an unfinished Telly in their teams and think “it’s Telluria, it’ll be fine” and annoyingly it often was! Nowadays they actually have to max and emblem her and think about team composition again. This is not entirely a bad thing.

4 Likes

viable with what? his flee-bite attack? unsubstatial mana regeneration cut and 3* level HOT? both lasting 2 turns for an average mana speed hero? his minions is the only thing that might get him some attention as a niche hero for bloody battle raid tournament.

1 Like