Is Season2 ever gonna come out?!

I do both. Golf is amazing, and I also love E&P I am not sure they are saying they dislike the game just that it needs improvement. Just like my golf game does.

2 Likes

I am also really looking forward to S2. But AW is so much fun and is the first thing that made my alliance work together. Titans dot really count IMO. So if the development of AW moved the release date of S2 back I am fine. The release notes of every new version of the game is my favorite read.

Will S2 be a game changer? I can’t see it making much of a difference in my enjoyment of the game, but I am pretty bored farming the same levels. The first time through will be fun, but after that farming will go back to norm.

But, more options seems cool. SG has been really on it for the last changes and new content. So, I am willing to be S2 will have a twist to it. Stands a chance of being way more than we expect.

2 Likes

Yeah your rıght Fledoble, you really gotta take a rest from complaining about the complainers.
It’s just not right man.
But on a serious note, E&P IS a really cool game. I’ve played others but I keep coming back to this one. It’s clean, smooth running & the Heroes look great. The setup… Yes, they got it right.
A game like this one needs to move with a new story. AW… great idea, but needs an oil change & new transmission & she’ll run great.
After releasing season 2, they should already have ppl working on 3 with new heros, then 4, & it will never get old. Players won’t leave. Their money will keep rollin in, customers will be happy. But it seems like they wanna flog this season till it’s stripped to the bone. By then too many seasoned players will have left for something new.
The game has my confidence & attention but I won’t back down when it comes to inconsistencies & ridiculous loot offerings for hard faught battles. Kill 5x Titans in row & receive dirt in return. that’s not motivating at all. Chest rewards need to be just that, a reward, not an insult. I think greed got the better of them.
Anyway,… sorry for the long reply.

7 Likes

Long replys are good! :slight_smile:

I’m guessing that even with SGGs apparent influx in revenue, they suffer from the same problem a lot of other successfull tech companies, growing pains and difficulty finding good developers and co-workers.

Anyways, I’m glad you like the game :slight_smile:

1 Like

In all fairness, it -is- taking them longer than expected to get Season 2 out, right? Given how we’ve already seen teasers in mid December, that does make one wonder how far they were with the feature at that time? I mean, seriously, did they only have the graphics done and nothing else yet or what? You’d guess that by the time you tease you’re in Alpha or at least well on your way with Alpha?

That said, AW have given me so much to do that I’m not minding the wait at all, really. Just wondering what happened. Can’t say the same of some other players in my alliance who don’t like AW as much as I do, they’re really looking forward to season 2.

1 Like

Your attitude is very reasonable but we know a bit more than you indicated. In particular, I don’t think anyone expected to see Season 2 yet if they were listening to what SG said.

This is from @Coppersky’s excellent write up of an AMA with devs from November last year. First, it was made very clear that wars were the top priority, to the exclusion of anything else until they were running. And after that? Well…

So although Season 2 has definitely been on the list of development priorities, there has been no commitment that it would follow immediately after Alliance Wars. In fact, we have had some indication that “some things for higher level content” might come first. And wars have only been running for five weeks: I don’t think anyone could reasonably expect anything significant to have been built and rolled out since then.

So I’d be delighted if Season 2 showed up next week - and it might - but it’s also possible that other stuff will come first. Don’t panic; it’s only April.

3 Likes

Good call and I agree with your overall conclusion. Still there’s something about the timeline: the AMA was posted 22nd of November 2017, the sneak peek was posted 22nd of December 2017. Season 2 went from “one option to come after alliance war” to being something they sneak peeked in that month of time, from the looks of it.

1 Like

Fair point. They might have made a mistake in previewing it and raising expectations if it wasn’t supposed to be released quickly, or they might have settled on it as their next priority after wars. I don’t know which of those is correct. Perhaps there’s another explanation I haven’t considered.

I totally agree with everything you said!

I think people that are pining for season 2 are assuming some other cool stuff will come with it, like farmable rare ascension mats or 6* heroes or something.

Or some great reward at season completi… oh wait never mind :stuck_out_tongue:

When Season 2 comes, i fully expect it to go thru Beta first (which it hasn’t done yet).

So long as Wars continue to be tweaked, I honestly don’t expect SG to release another major item on us, though I won’t squeak if they do.

I’m sure it’s coming. :wink:

3 Likes

These kind of threads are what create headaches for devs. If they tell us something is coming, then we whine and compain it’s not here fast enough. If they don’t mention it then we whine and complain that nothing new is coming. And if they rush release then it’s full of bugs, if they take their time to perfect it then they’re taking too long. Alliance wars is prime example of everything i just mentioned.

5 Likes

Yes, that sneak peek did have a comment below it that said it was a super early sneak peek. But at least they’ve confirmed that it’s the season 2 that’s being worked on next! (I’m hoping they’ll throw in some higher level player content as well… :wink: :smile:)

4 Likes

Almost od may 2018 and I don’t see news season.
WHEN WILL BE NEW SEASON. IT BORING. I WOULD LIKE TO PLAY SOME NEWS.

1 Like

Answered above by Brobb and others:

I know ive heard that season 2 would be released after alliance wars taken off, i would like to know if anyone has any other updates of when (actual time frame) season 2 will be released.
Everything ive seen on-line says sometime in 2018, so please do not respond with that.

1 Like

“Sometime in 2018” and “sometime after Alliance War” are the only official words on the matter.

Please scroll up for more detail.

■■■■, still the usual then.

At this point I doubt Alliance Wars are considered finished, so they’re still probably the priority, much as I personally would like to see the new season.

1 Like

Cookie Settings