Is raiding getting harder

I must be in the minority, I really like raiding. And yes, it most often matches me with stronger teams, those are the ones that help me improve. I lose about a third of the time, but I expect it since I look for teams that are about 200-400 stronger. :grinning:

3 Likes

“They” being anybody who works for or makes money from this game. The players who win have most likely already spent money to get to that point but even the “winners” have the deck stacked against them every match. Of course they rig the game for you to lose. Nobody would spend money if it was fair and you just won all the raids and looted everything you need to progress. I feel like I shouldn’t even have to explain this to anybody who has ever played a pay to win type game before. Even if it’s your first one is should be pretty obvious what’s going on.

I’m constantly breaking my records for highest achieved cup. I’ve went from about 1800 to 2300 in the last month alone. I don’t seem to find them harder. It’s getting harder to progress, but not harder in specific matches - if anything at all, it’s getting easier as I have built second or 3rd heroes for each color so I have wider variety of strategies when facing an opponent.

Defense is getting harder - I now lose most of my revenges and raids against me, but that’s because I can’t rely on the same variety on my defense team. Got some cool heroes that I need to work on, and after I finish them, my defense will definitely stay up longer.

Of course some times the boards suck and I often go from about 5 wins per 6 flags to 5 losses per 5 flags, but I guess that’s normal - sometimes the game just doesn’t give you what you want :slight_smile:

If you’d read this forum, you might have noticed numerous topics about poor outcome from spent money. This, actually means that E&P can hardly be called a pay to win game. It is debatable whether it is good or bad, but it is against your point that here win only those who invested money.

Of course, SG have commercial interest in this game, otherwise it doesn’t worth efforts. Nobody will work for free to develop, promote and maintain such a game. But from my experience you can successfully play this game without investing hundreds of dollars. It’s a matter of time and luck.

What a bunch of nonsense. SG tries it best to make you spend money in many different ways, but them rigging the raids it’s just hilarious to say.

F2P player’s disadvantages are slow progress and almost no chance at some of the strongest heroes, but that only matters in the top brackets. And even the strongest heroes are not nearly unbeatable. Mostly the disadvantage comes when setting up your defence and lacking heroes like Alby, Ares and Guinn, but that hardly matters until you are probably around 2500 cups or more. Still it’s not that big of a disadvantage.

Rigging raids on its own is just BS.

1 Like

You are confusing F2P with P2W.

Needless to say this game is indeed rigged. Of course it is! It’s totally rigged in order to stimulate and motivate you to spend money on it. I absolutely agree. But is it rigged unfairly? If rigged means small odds at something good, but the random behind it is fair, then that’s fair rigging. This game, as far as I can tell without knowing the code, is fair. The engine behind the motivation to spend money is artificial scarcity (“small odds at something good”) and that’s a fair engine. A sometimes frustrating engine, oh sure, but fair.

The only point I could make about this game is that it doesn’t disclose the odds. That’s not yet a common practice in F2P gaming land. This may change anytime soon, if you follow the “lootbox” discussion you’ll see that the game developers are losing ground, some gaming companies got too greedy with lootboxes and this put the business under scrutiny. And it’s about time too, I wager. When you spend money for a summon token, you should be told the odds of your results, I think.

This game isn’t as P2W as it may appear at first sight when you see those top players with those fully decked out teams. Get your TC20’s running and give them time and you’ll have a strong team after a while. Most money buys you in this game is faster progression, and the odd HOTM, but a free player can still catch up, over time. And get lucky with a HOTM by free diamonds.

2 Likes

Keeping with this thread as it it about Raids. Anyone know their win/loss %?

I am currently at 18 wins out of the last 50 raids. That’s 36%.

Anyone else calculate theirs?

I’m at 68% currently. Likely high as I am still low level. Making it easy on me :wink:

1 Like

Whats your cupcount and teampower? Thats a horrible winrate :dizzy_face:

Well, it fluctuates between 1400 and 1750. I seem to win 4-5 and then like clockwork I go on a horrendous losing streak. My Team Power is 3156.

What’s your win %?

My team…

1 Like

Or I use this:

I have not tracked my rate, but my experience mirrors yours

My hi/low is 50 cups lower and team power is 100 lower. Days I cannot lose to team higher, others I struggle to beat teams way lower.

I try to convince myself it was the noard, but where in the world do all those one hit wonders come from.

My team is also around 3200 team power but I also have a couple back ups in Red and Green so I can switch around and rotate heroes as needed. I keep myself around 1650-1900 usually high gold so I can raid and finish hero chest and end up in platinum to open it. Also experience many wins sometimes and many losses but it usually ends up balancing because when I get too high up in cups I start going for food. If I win I get tons of food if I lose I drop down in cups and makes it easier to fill chest so win-win.

I tracked my raids in the last 24 hours and I won 18/19 of them. The one I lost this morning, I was going to make a diamond but I misclicked and was not able to trigger Wu Kong due to that error and I lost. This is in the 2000-2200 cup range. I use teams in 3300-3450 power range.

Yesterday, I tried to raid a 3900 power team cause he had 90k ham but my 3400 team lost 3 times. This does not mean I haven’t beaten teams with 400+ more power than mine, I just don’t get 80%+ win rate against those teams.

Picking the right targets always increases your win rate. Knowing which heroes you can beat easily and which ones will give you a hard time helps a ton.

22/27

I could probably get my win% up to 90%, but I’d waste more ham looking for easier targets.

Most of you are doing well. Makes me more concerned. I can’t figure out why I am losing so much. My team(s) are good, not the best but good, and I have battled similar teams. I’m confused.

Rigging is a strong word. But to suggest that SG doesn’t manipulate the algorithms of the game to their advantage is naive. I think it pretty clear they do. Maybe that’s ok, maybe not. Its subjective I suppose.

You have 3 heroes that do nothing offensively is why you are losing so much, lose all that healing and that lame duck Delilah. Imho if your attacking you should run no more then one healer and or buffer. The more heroes you have that just heal/buff the more likely you are gonna get smashed when attacking.

1 Like

Don’t mess with My, my, myyyyy Delilah!!! :wink:

That’s a good idea. I’ll try with it with more HP!!