Is Puss in Boots underrated in this meta?

With all the minion summoners, does PiB have more relevance now? I’d imagine he has great synergy with slow minion summoners like Zhuge Liang and LoTL as he will summon a minion for them at average speed. PiB also has health regen and attack up so not sure why he’s not more widely used :thinking:

2 Likes

I have him and thinking of maxing him, but he is not really a main priority (I have Zagrog and C. Vanda on the list as well) so I am wondering the main thing.

2 Likes

I think originally he was not more widely available being from grimforest, not 100% sure but I believe rotation was twice a year before they retired the single challenges and streamline them into the one challenge event that we have now. And :thinking: you might be on to something with your thoughts on the change in his relevance with the new minion meta. I have always paired him with QoH they have great synergy!

4 Likes

he is just ok
his own minions are bad but his other effects are nice

not many strong minions out there except maybe Queen of hearts and lady of the lake that make an impact with 1 minion. most of the rest are just average.

he needs a bit more. it would be nice if he also summoned 2 of his minions for each ally or him copying their minions to himself.

2 Likes

For me he is relevant ever since. I pair him with Mr. Pengi, Krampus, Gefjon and Frosth. So he is the perfect support hero for Pengi but of course also a healer for the team. End of 2 cents

5 Likes

Basically, Puss is good with heroes that have minions with secondary effects: W3K heroes, Lady of the Lake, Bera, Pengi, Devana, Queen of Hearts and maybe others that don’t come to my mind now

4 Likes

Thanks guys for the input, there’s a few minion makers I didn’t even think about but all valid points :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I also like at Puss that he’s a Rogue, so his mana node is at +8, which makes it easier to use with a l17 mana troop if you don’t have so many emblems

2 Likes

pib never become a threat in the beginnung, nor the minions thing

1 Like

any red minion will feed skadi and if she stacks on you, most of the time, her team wins

1 Like

When more minions with useful effects arrive, the more relevant he will become. Heroes like Diao Chan and Xiahou dun with top quality minions will benefit from PiB

3 Likes

I used PiB just yesterday with 2 Zhuge liangs, it was nice. Just non stop minions and his counterattack almost never went away. If you bury his minions under other heroes minions, it’s really hard to stop the counterattack. Then you get the constant heal and more importantly mana gen with every summoned minion. It was enough, on numerous occasions, to get the other heroes to fire. Not to make this about Zhuge, but he impressed me when I ran him the other day. On paper, he’s not exciting, I think he’ll get a buff, but he’s still pretty dope and worth consideration. I think PiB may get some love from me in the future.

6 Likes

Just thinking off the cuff, he indirectly cleanses fiends by pushing them away with his three mice minions and also helps to push away any fiends from minion summoners

2 Likes

There’s an easy counter to that though: don’t bring him to a fight with Skadi!

1 Like

i was reffering to defense, what a player can “control” more
in attack you can “control” less things, like boards; also, skadi in defense is a bad move, considering all the other options, imo
note: and yes in attack you can “control” the moves you make

1 Like

I was being a little facetious. I do agree PiB is not ideal for defence. I do see Skadi on defence from time to time and again, it’s a bad move because all I do is swap out Seshat for Clarissa and Skadi will hit like a thing that doesn’t really hit.

1 Like

I think PiB is a very useable hero. I’ve seen numerous hits by Uclapack where he is very impressive.

Especially with the coming Hulda etc and quick summons to outpace fiends. I’d love to have him.

Obviously not for defence, but there’s so much more to the game than that

2 Likes

I remember when I was scared of him in the challenge event as my team didn’t have the firepower to destroy the minions
… and then I found him on the ladder and destroyed him.

I still did some pulls to attempt him as my reds were very weak but I never got him and I generally found him underwhelming.

I still think he would need a buff to compete with Frosth and some of the newer “not so flashy heroes”, but I can see his synergies with some of what’s coming out.
Stats wise he is just underwhelming.

PIB is the only legendary rogue hero. I’d max him over 90% of the other red heros.

2 Likes

Zagrog is also a rogue Fire hero

1 Like