Is Onatel a viable tank for top 100?

Hi @Watergiver1 - if you haven’t tried plugging your Legendary Heroes into the Hero Utility - try it out it will assist with your decision making. As well the Titan Mafia Reporting site has a history of the Legends that will also aide you in your decisioning. You might also consider posting who you have and you will immediately get suggestions!

RaZoR-sIgNaTuRe

4 Likes

I am officially withdrawing my prediction due to the following Hero Releases:

1. Kunchen
  2. Queen of Hearts

Had they not come out with these 2, I’d still hang with my prediction (pretty sure only one I’ve made publicly - will never do that again - just let the data decide). In the Top-100 however, the TANK is still her preferred position. Many argue with me that the FLANK is her position (@Roxy_TM) and another whom said #2 along with me initially now states FLANK as well. Data still says TANK.

I have corresponded with a good friend who I will leave nameless here in regards to their experience with Onatel as a TANK:

“Onatel has been working well. I started with a Kiril, then Vivica and now Onatel. I usually end up winning 6/7 raids on defense per night. Once I get up between 2,700 - 2,800 cups, I retreat to around 2,500. Not as good as Guin or GM but she is working well. I have reached number 2 globally three times and have a high cup count of 2,932.”

Sounds pretty dang solid to me. But like I said The QUEEN is in…

@4nton @Hcmitchellr @drmarkandersen @General_Confusion @Anetho
@Starryeyedgryph @Ray008 @Jerme82 @Denys

6 Likes

@DoctorStrange @SkiParty @LucasDaoc @Winters1 @Elpis @Nemessis

1 Like

Looks like she’s getting my first set of darts! Thanks Raz man!
Now, it will take me a little longer to level her than others, but i will let you know! My Zim is still my strongest hero healthwise, so she is tanking me in wars.
The last war my alliance participated in, NO ONE attacked me ONCE! Granted it was a 7 against 7 war and my total power was only 3600, there were 2 on the opposing team who had 3500 tp. I had her on the wing like this.

I just got a new alliance member and we agreed right now as the top two in tp that each of us will have a fire hero tank.
I’ll put her on flank and report back if you would like!

1 Like

@Starryeyedgryph - yes much appreciated - I’ve seen here there in the WING spot about 15% of the time I’ve faced her. Maybe she is multi-dimensional! Zim is one tough Kitty, she will do well there flanked by Zim and Mags. Let me ask you this… If Onatel was fully leveled/ascended would you trade spots with Zim (even though it’s red tank war - pretend it isn’t)… rephrase if all 5 were fully ascended.

Congrats on the

That’s a good feeling - that USED to happen to me LOL. BEST!

1 Like

@Razor that has been the original plan since i pulled her. To have her in tank position.
They are all very close to getting fully ascended though! I’m one tonic, scope and tabard away from being able to pull the others up. I already have the stuff for Onatel.

I should probably just still stick with giving Magni my first set of scopes instead of Alice, but Kunchen might get tabards before Panther!

That is a fair retraction in my opinion. I know there is some debate about Kunchen but he looks solid as a tank to me. While others see the slow mana as potential for mana sink, I see him very similar to higher level Kashrek because of how he plays out. I think the slow mana is required to balance him, especially with that elemental link that is very underrated.

I also considered that we will probably see a hell of alot of Kunchen running around since Wonderland is a new event and many people have probably performed significantly more pulls than an average month.

Appreciate your work @Razor!

1 Like

For now i NEVER let her survive more then 2 turns after she shot her special, meaning for now she never cause me real troubles as a tank (i do lost some raids, but just because of her Gravemaker/Zeline flanks)

I know i can be the only one saying this, i still have more troubles with Aegir, especially if flanked by a healer and one heavy hitter.

@Razor

Have you analyzed Onatel top 100 status yet?

Could you explain your thinking? How would you construct a defense using these two, and who else do you add?

@Razor, I’m curious regarding kunchen and queen.

Some ppl prefer rainbow defense but with kunchen element buffs, would it make sense to do

Victor Inari kunchen queen kage?
Defense doesn’t use tiles but with the dark vs holy, would Victor and kage still have strong attack versus a yellow raid stack?

If neptune shows up later and is holy, would he work better at tank (or possibly onatel) to get very fast darks in the flanks?

Inari kageburado neptune Victor queen

Poseidon…

20 characters

1 Like

I doubt that Kunchen would last long against the yelow stack, but once he cast it would be a problem. Remember tho that this elemental shield only turns yelow to (about) neutral against purple.

Hi everyone - I’m a data guy. I like #'s to speak for me (yeah sometimes I don’t calculate right that’s why I have a USERS GROUP to back me up and point out my flaws). I’ve been really slammed with my ‘PREDICTION’ - again just an uncomfortable spot for a guy like me. I’ve made a LOT of them in this game and kept them to myself (and many have been correct - yet the data eventually shows that if time is a variable). If you know me and we converse - I’ll be very open with you!

Two of my closest friends and high level players (probably both better than I am) - say shes FLANK. That is hard to digest after I went public (and one of them was my encouragement to do so). DATA STILL SAYS TANK!!!

Yes, I’m not saying shes not viable anymore - I have even included a statement by another very good friend who has done amazing and quoted him - he is for O! Starry has even committed to her - in the TANK position (so 2 players I well respect say YES).

With the immediate appearance of QUEEN and Kun - they IMMEDIATELY impact the 1/2 of Gravemakers use booty I claimed she would take over in a months time approximately… They are both being used as TANKS (at least for now)… so it’s just the NUMBERS and my PREDICTION that had they put out a couple slow or hit 3 or snipers - I wouldn’t have retracted that’s all. Hope that makes sense!

@Winters1 (thanks for TOTALLY understanding)
@Elpis (Yeah MR. FREEZE can be a real problem)
@Rigs (not enough data to do that yet - to soon - she was test driven by those who could immediately, couple more weeks should give us a good pool)
@Kerridoc (hear ya!)
@l2ider (I have to come back to you - book marking)

1 Like

Yes but Victor kageburado and any other dark hero would still be strong vs the holy raid team right, even though they don’t use tiles.

Just as strong as if they were red blue or green

If you could throw panther in the mix then that would prove more effective

No,slash damage and their specials are all color-neutral.

1 Like

@l2ider - You have 2 EXPERTS one by Title and Reputation and the other by Reputation assisting you on your question! If you think you might still need my opinion or “data” you can always email me or hit me up again here. @Ray008 - is sharp too - and he is chiming in.

RaZ

3 Likes

I see onatel as more of a flank than tank.

But even in flank i haven’t found her to be a threat

The % mana steal per turn just still gives the attacker a lot of flexibility to work around it

Either dont gain mana for those colors until the effect is gone

Or only do big combos that still gain enough mana that even with amount stolen from her is a solid gain for the attacking heros. I waaay overestimated her value before she was publicly released

2 Likes

LASTLY: Going back to the Threads Question…

Is Onatel a viable tank for top 100?

Yes with the appropriate support! I honestly believe this… (she has already been there).

@Rigs I was the opposite, I didn’t think much of her and couldn’t care less if I picked her up (kinda like I did initially with Gravemaker lol - IDIOT)… it was after facing her in the Top100 or safer to say on the run up to it in mid double digits that changed my mind. SIGNIFICANTLY. I think it has much to do with who surrounds her in the position (FLANKS)… I have a much easier time with her now, FLANK and WING - she is invisible to me… if boards are fair.

My Raids usually only average about 40 seconds - I just RIP through people - yet I already feel that changing… So have to come up with another STRIKER team… I literally use one of my attack teams 90% against anyone and win 70%… I do much better if I didn’t push the envelope so much :smile:

1 Like