Is Li Xiu really so bad?

Just wondering. She is C rank in 7DD list, but I see her in almost any defence team. And on my opinion she’s pretty nice as a tank.

Quintus also C rank, but proof himself useful in center for defence. Also has good Attack and Vit for titans.

I do not understand something?

Oh, she is B, oddly. But anyway, she is much better I think, so as Quintus.

1 Like

Yep, and Little John too even if his special is just amazing in many contests.
Most of the major players just don’t like slow mana heroes (Alberich apart) and that’s pretty much why they are all ranked low.

Anchor chart is not an unquestionable data, there are discrepancy too.
Feel free to level up Xiu and Quintus if you want, i don’t dislike them :wink:

5 Likes

Well C isn’t necessarily a bad grade, and B is fairly good.

There’s no hate towards her, she’s just ‘pretty good’ in all aspects without really shining anywhere.

Titans; she’s a good backup choice for dark, her mana suppression isn’t amazing but better than nothing.
Raid attack; she’s durable, doesn’t do a ton of damage with her special but she can stop specials from firing, even if it is just for one turn.
Raid defence; she’s annoying as a tank, but not at all intimidating. She’s a meat shield, nothing more. Just there to slow you down enough for someone behind her to do the damage. You know you can take her down easily enough, but she’s probably gonna squeeze that special out and just prolong the inevitable by a turn.
Maps; she can wipe out an entire wave in low-level farming, with high level farming she’s not good enough. She can help get you through late map stages on your first run through, while your team is developing. But if you just want to quickly farm some materials in prov 22 or so, she’s not desirable.

13 Likes

I think @MantisToboggan summarised her very well. I’d just add that for a while, she was considerably better, featuring as a tank in many really good defence teams, and being the bane of my existence, personally. Back then, she was an A+ for raid defence, maybe an A- overall.

Then she got nerfed, so now we argue about whether she’s an overall B or C. I’d say she’s a B-.

4 Likes

Is Li Xiu really so bad compared to what? 4* yellow heroes are all sort of meh except Wu Kong, who is so idiosyncratic as not to be in the same category. Compared to Hu, LX is solid, and compared to Chao, it boils down to the one-target/all-target preference.

8 Likes

I’d say WuKong > Jackal > LiXiu/Chao depending on your needs.

I wouldnt write off HuTao either, he served me well in the earlier stages of the game when getting through the tougher stages of Rare Quests and the map. And he isnt terrible on raid defence either when around 1800-2000 trophies.

2 Likes

Agree about Li vs Chao. Chao is generally thought to be better on offense because of faster mana and a greater mana reduction / damage effect. But when you think about it, Chao reduces mana of ONE enemy by 25%, while Li reduces mana of ALL enemies by 20%. Net result is greater mana reduction by Li. she does do less damage to each target with her special, but her attack stat is very close to Chao’s. so tile damage is close.

I don’t have Chao of course. but Li has served me decently on offense (I do use her with Proteus and with Inari, so there’s some nice synergy there). and she is great for world map / quest / challenges, especially when facing more than one boss.

1 Like

I’m in mid diamond and still use Li on offense. She’s not awesome, but in 3/2 stacks with Guin and Jackal it’s pretty fun on raiding – double mana cutters works. She’ll be gone once I have Joon finished, but for now she does the job. Still use her on titans as well, again until Joon is done.

No hero annoys me as much as Li does when I’m against her in a raid. Her timing may not always be perfect but when my heroes are flashing and she has the chance to stop them, I just start cursing.

I think she deserves a place in everyone’s roster.

3 Likes

Lil Guin can annoy…

1 Like

I think for players, especially f2p ones, who do not own Guin, LiXiu can be a good replacement. Not so much on the defense though, but in attacking team she has the same mana speed and mana reduction as Guin. And she has good defense stats so can survive some hits too.

Chao sometimes makes sense since you can more reliably get him off against a priority target as opposed to being one turn slow with getting Li Xiu’s special off. Li Xiu has the advantage of being a much better monster chest farmer for 7-4/8-7 so there’s that.

Both Chao and Li Xiu are in my yellow raid stack along with Joon. Still works against emblemed diamond defenses, but both are pretty underwhelming. I’ll be replacing both as soon as I can.

So I’m using Li Xiu now that I’ve ascended her all the way and she is almost at max (4/52)…

I really like her against titans that mana reduction makes a HUGE difference, but in raids I don’t really care for her…her damage is too low and her mana is too slow, by the time she can fire off she’s hurt badly or dead, or everyone else used their fast mana by that point.

I see her as a good tank that’s about it.

Can anyone give some insight to this maybe I’m not using her right? Also where would she be positioned best in the center, flank or wing?

1 Like

She’s a reasonable tank at mid level.

She’s good for farming as part of a rainbow team.

In a yellow stack she combines well with Chao to make a significant dent in mana.

She’s never going to win prizes on offense, particularly against predominantly 5* teams.

2 Likes

I feel like I wasted AM on her :frowning:

@sleepyhead I didn’t get Li until a month to month and a half ago. Chao was my 2nd ever 4 star hero, Grimm being first. She is really good I will admit in raids and elite stages in the campaign. Between her and Chao, she imho pairs better with Proteus. As he can affect one side as a good one two punch with her. And if you are lucky to get a good board to have him charged up for another Scar of the Depths, you can neutralize the whole board.

In all my raids that I have done I have gone up against 90% of teams that have had Li Xiu in their line up. If you get a bad board, she can hit you hard.

1 Like

My wife has few 5*s so her choices for defense are limited. Still she uses this team to stay on platinum at 1900-2100 cups:

Grimm | Boldtusk | Li Xiu | Little John | Colen

If you have her and particularly Little John, I’d recommend putting them on your D team. Yes it’s true that L.J. is slow and frail, but Li can hold the center fine. If she fires, and then he fires, it’s typically game over for the attacking team; the 20% mana cut becomes a lot more significant when backed up by John’s -63% mana gen down ailment.

I don’t think she’s a waste. She’ll be a very good tank to have for raid tournaments longterm :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I just came here to promote the Li + Proteus combo :smiley:

She was my tank, and now moved to flank, and I’m keeping around 2200 trophies with a TP of 3750, of course she is part in my defense team.

Anyway, yellow is the weakest colour when it comes about 4* heroes, so don’t expect great things here.

7 Likes

I’ve recently come to really like Li Xiu on attack. For a long time I never used her on offense much at all, even in war, then I managed to get my yellow mana troop up to level 23.

I’m probably in sort of an unusual position being an f2p with a 23 mana troop, I don’t have that many good heroes, so Li Xiu charging in 9 tiles with the 23 troop actually has made it onto my main yellow team with Joon and Justice, and honestly I really like her in that role.
Being able to charge her together with Joon on just 3 matches of 3 and then have her cut mana from everyone on the other side is really nice and very often buys Justice enough time to fire. I pair those 3 yellows with BT and Wilbur and they do a really nice job even against all 5* teams in war

4 Likes

Cookie Settings