Is Leonidas viable now?

Did they change it or was you mistaken? Li reduces mana by 20%, exact the same like Guinevere…

Please keep working to fix these obviously lesser legendaries, SG. We appreciate your attempts to balance the game; please keep at it.

[Stares intently at Leonidas, Thorne, Elkanen, Quintus, and Horghall.]

2 Likes

I thought you liked Quintus since his minor buff? Changed your opinion after using him more?
Horghall seems good enough for me, just obviously outshined by Lianna and the hotm/event crew.

Oh and don’t forget Kadelin. My first 5* that I won’t ascend until a bigger buff :frowning:

1 Like

I probably should’ve included Kadilen, though you do see her occasionally in high level raids.

1 Like

My fix for Kadilen would be to have her shield also reduce the impact of status ailments. It’s nice that it reduces Azlar’s initial hit, but the fire will still burn down your team.

1 Like

(And Kadelin)

I’m back. Just refreshing the Devs memory to not forget these heroes.
I’m biased even more now as this past Knights event I came out with a Leonidas and a Quintus to go with my dusty Kadelin.

Thankfully I’ve also (miraculously) came out with better 1st options but I’m ready to ascend a 2nd pair of 5* and would give these guys a shot if they were spiced up a little.

I use Leonidas in AW with good results. He’s not awesome, but he is useful even at 3-70

Leo has been for me a life saver multiple times, when the whole team was dead or dying and leo with his life stealing and mana reduction skill survived.
I wouldn’t dare to say he`s a no. 1 yellow now, but definitely worth ascension

I will keep him at 3-70. He’s still useful at that Ascension/Level. I have too many other Holy 5 stars that I would ascend before bringing him up, but he’s definitely on the list.

Cpt.Ahab
Feb 22

There are several easy fixes they could utilize to make Leonidas viable:
He could be made a “fast” mana charger and be worth ascending.
Or he could get a serious, Arthurian increase in damage, and he would be worth ascending.
He could do splash damage and drain adjacent enemies’ mana, and he’d be worth ascending.
But as he is now, still, I wouldn’t waste the mats on him.

This! :disappointed_relieved:

And fix his hairline. Pwease!

6 Likes

I think the obvious fix is to make his ability do splash damage. I can’t see them making another fast Holy hero by speeding him up.

2 Likes

After all, his ability is called “Spartan Cleave”
I’d like to see the same damage and mana reduction on 3 targets (or full effect on target and minor on adjacent). Think a focused 3 target Li Xiu with stronger Mana reduction and more damage. This will differentiate him from Joon and Musashi enough and give him a niche of Mana control like Li and Chao.
This way he may not be best on a Titan but he would be a solid choice for a raid team.
Not sure what to do with the lifesteal though, could be removed like others have said.

1 Like

Maybe making him gain 50% of the mana dealt could be enough and still be in theme with his special.
If it destroy of the mana he could it’ll still have 8 tiles (fast speed) worth of mana to go to fire his special again.

Leonidas…The best 4.5* so far !
:rofl::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I wouldn’t shed a tear for the heal if it was removed.

1 Like

Self healing is so overrated

I laugh when elk goes off and heals himself for 150 sometimes even less damage

1 Like

I agree that splash damage is a logical add to spice him up.

And it would take but a minute to implement and get it tested in the next beta!

hint hint
wink wink

3 Likes

Quoting for attention.

Now I’m trying to think of hero buffs of the past…
Have they ever actually overhauled a hero’s special before? I.e. change from single Target to splash? Removed lifesteal? I wasn’t a part of the early days and all I remember are slight stat changes and the nerf to how Athena’s armor debuff worked even though the core of it stayed the same.

Ah… but there’s a first time for everything.
As a (not so) proud owner of 3 of the beggars, I’d dearly love to see some of the suggestions above implemented. I like the splash idea.

(I get only 1 5* in months and months of playing. Awww. I build and run 2x TC20 and also went for 2x 10 Event Pulls during Avalon. The 5* are now coming in. Yaaaay. But they are the not-so-great 5*… Horghall (whoopie); 3x Leonidas and 2x Aeron. Awwww. ) :slight_smile: