Is Leonidas viable now?

I have to take Leo’s side as far as my aspiring AW teams go. Mine is t2lvl27 vs Chao t2lvl39 which means Leo is tankier and will play that position on team 5 until better heroes arrive.

It is all context, no?

No one said he’s bad if he’s the only holy 5* you have

But he’s arguably the worst holy 5* for almost all situations

At the same time the only other holy single hitter is Joon and you can’t compare the two

I don’t know why SG keeps making holy healers :face_with_monocle:

2 Likes

Sure you can compare them: Leo comes out looking very much the weaker.

Still, some of my allies have raided against Leo since the upgrade and were unpleasantly surprised by his competence.

1 Like

Not just if he is your only holy 5…you need 6 tanks for AW.

There are several easy fixes they could utilize to make Leonidas viable:

He could be made a “fast” mana charger and be worth ascending.

Or he could get a serious, Arthurian increase in damage, and he would be worth ascending.

He could do splash damage and drain adjacent enemies’ mana, and he’d be worth ascending.

But as he is now, still, I wouldn’t waste the mats on him.

2 Likes

There’s Vivica, and the 2* panda who doesn’t count. And the… other one…
Every other colour has more at 3*+

The other two are Guinevere and, soon, Delilah.

Five-star healers:

• Purple: April HotM
  • Yellow: Vivica, Guinevere, Delilah
  • Blue: (none)
  • Green: Alberich
  • Red: Ares
2 Likes

Aye I forgot Guinevere heals, and was kind of trying not to mention Delilah.

But if you factor in 4* healers as well, which most players rely on, it’s a more level field. The holy ones are just better.

Sorry, how do you know that the April HoTM will be a purple healer? Is there any beta info for him or her yet? Just want to know if I should save my gems for that or go all in for Zeline this month, :slight_smile:

No one even said those 2 will be HOTMs

We have a 5* purple healer in betafor testing. Assumption is that he willl be the April HotM.

3 Likes

I’ve been running into Fully ascended Leonidas and he’s been a larger pain in the butt than usual. I kind of like the changes. I still don’t think he’s worth 4th tier ascension items, but he’s definitely more viable than he used to be and at least usable now.

1 Like

Yeah - I’m seeing him more now in raid defenses - if he hits a fragile person with his special it’s solid for like 700+ damage and then the corresponding heal is healthy as well.

1 Like

Defenders have 20 or 25% higher attack

1 Like

Vivica is the ultimate healer as far as I’m concerned (Fully ascended). She replenishes HP, she cures you and she further protects you !!! If her mana replenished at ‘Average’ vs ‘Slow’ speed, now that would be AWESOME !!!

1 Like

Yeah he is better.
I can spend some spare orbs for him, but still no dards.

How about some darts? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Made 2x10 pulls on yellow today to get Wu. Didn’t work out :frowning:
Now I got the other 4* and Leo. I feel like a fool, should have waited for the event to spend my hard earned gems. But I wanted Wu so bad.
I don’t spend much, make only few pulls and saved the gems for weeks.
I will go with Li for now. I won’t spend my few ascension materials for Leo.
Bad day for me :frowning:

Yeah, not a good day bro.
Xiu is a good choice, and if i can give you a little encouragement, after her you can consider to farm Leonidas rather then Chao or Hu tao. At least some orbs.

With the new boost, his auto-heal at level 70 can be preferable to Chao.

Well, don’t mourn too deeply. I had Leo as the first 5 star I received on one of my accounts and being so, I started leveling him up. He never did make it to max 4th or even Max 3rd, but I’ve been using him more since the recent changes and I can’t say that I’m disappointed. I’m also facing him more in top level Raids. Don’t be afraid to level him up to max 2nd. If you find that you have a spare 4 orbs laying around, try him at Max 3rd. I do use him a lot now.