Is it time to get rid of the 20% damage bonus for defenses?

I think Salmon Loki is really going to disrupt the power that Telluria has right now. Tell is so strong due to heal over time protecting heros with minions, then mana gain reduction. If the Salmon minions stop others from having minions and deals damage over time you just have to get over the mana gain reduction. With the proper stacking telli isn’t really a 100% lose she is just a over all gain. But comboing her with strong flanks is what makes her so good.

I hope you’re right about Salmon Loki. Let’s see how he looks coming out of beta. I really like that SG are still finding some interesting new design space with some of their new heroes.

1 Like

Anyone ran into a salmon loki in defense? Seems like he would just cause more DoT and minions and possibly amp the issue

I didnt have much time on my hands when beta was open.

Think we should not forget that we are also seeing heroes cracking 1k attack power on the other end.

So reducing or cutting the silent boost without balancing attack stats would turn the tide heavily towards attacking again.

I think this thread has run it’s course and is just workin it’s way into another nerf telluria thread where we see sensible players pointing out issues and newer players being like “i came out of platinum yesterday and beat a tough defense, game is perfectly balanced” so think it’s time for me to bow out before i get carried away pointing out too many flaws in some of the logic and point of views we’re seein here

You guys have fun

4 Likes

Well, finally “get rid of died aid” gets some support! I honestly want to hold my complete judgement for a few months to see if the situation is still the same. I mean will 3-4 months of emblem getting, leveling some key tunes and a few new heroes start gaining some traction to respectability. Call me crazy but I think it might. And also, no one needs to set their raid defense the same as the War defense. It wasn’t hard for any tank to hold 2500 cups before and now- that would be the players helping each other out with the frustration. Note: if this idea does get traction- maybe “lowering” would be a possibility-quite enjoy the variance of the boosts.

@Rigs views on subjects will always have a wide range and run both ends of the spectrum. I think your frustration might come from the inability of the forumn to “sort” the views and come to logical solutions. But, it’s not a bad thing to throw out your opinions - that are usually spot on… cause they might eventually catch on.

1 Like

Two words: Mother North.

2 Likes

Never thought I’d say this, but with emblems, Telly and the heroes in the pipeline… yep

2 Likes

Also something to think about is how much better roster depth becomes with this change to defenses. Your lower/middle defense 4 stars won’t die to 4 normal slash attacks. It could take 6 with how the damage curve isn’t linear. That’s actually pretty huge for an offense in wars.

4 Likes

If they took away the buff for defenders it would make Telly and Ursena more manageable, but the value of “classic” tanks like Richard, Justice etc. would drop too. Seems harsh to the players who don’t have the very top tier tanks.

1 Like

That’s where a tiered approach on a defense boost can work plus its adjustable for any future needs. Offenses will improve, new heroes, etc.

1 Like

It seems to me that the moment such an approach to raid defense announced, we would see numerous threads about the game is p2w. The reason would be that devs explicitly made raiding harder for lower players, thus it is all against f2p and in favour of p2w, who are at a high end of diamond and have no buff of defense. :sunglasses:

Who cares? If people want to complain, it’s painfully obvious that they will complain about anything, anywhere on this forum. That’s a cop out.

A tiered approach does not mean that upper leveled, where defenses can pass attackers in strength much faster, will receive 0% boost. It could, but then as attack teams gain strength through additional emblems and higher, wider troops, defense boost can be adjusted. It becomes a fine tuning adjustment of letting everyone enjoy attacking with their teams while the devs leave us wanting a bit more.

I believe that it can work and can be easily implemented since one form of defense boost already exists.

ETA: no one said anything about making lower tiers harder. Those can stay as is with the current 20% defense boost as it exists today.

Mixed feelings for me.

If you remove the bonus, top teams would steamroll lower defence teams. Arguably this would have happened anyway but it’d be even easier

But Tellytubby would be easier to fight

Which is the lesser evil? Dunno

Won’t really change anything as it already happens. The real point is nobody play defense but offense only. Defense is not even an actual gameplay.

So atm you have a very few long term p2w players who presently have the bench, the troops and emblems to compet with high telluria defenses and still keeping a good win ratio.

Apllying a nerf on defense wont change anything for them. Instead of winning 98% of time they will win 99%.

Meanwhile, you have a ton of long term f2p or c2p players who are stomped. Few monthes ago and on regular basis you can meet f2p defenses in high raids. This is no longer the case, basicaly if you want to be part of 2700+ you need telluria and her bros.
If you’re not part of the crew your out.

So the biggest problem is if your not p2w or high c2p you cant compet in game anymore, cause the raids you win are just a matter of luck.

And of course your cups are more about your win ratio than anything else.

Other big issue is in wars. Wars are still one big part of the game and as I see it more and more alliances are using green tank, telluria of course as main. How are supposed to play f2p now ??

Just finishing target from the others, how long do you thing people will stand in this context. Where is the fun to be crushed by gm/vela/ drake all +20, when your team is negate by terminator +20 himself ?

Its the all same feeling everywhere, games are rigged in 3 first matches. You can start to play or you get crushed. This is not satisfying at all for f2p who work their deck for years.

So my concern is more let the fun back as there is no fun to get your defense win alone.

20% passiv bonus was ok in a time where 4* troops and emblems did not exist. But this no longer in a world where telluria is living.

2 Likes

Well I am FTP and I’m not so sure this is a solution that is really asked for by FTP. The majority of people here who seem to be in support of it most certainly do not sound like FTP to me.

But regardless of whether you are FTP or not, the challenge has always been to break down a defence team and this 20% buff has made it an interesting fight.

It was supposed to represent the fact that the attacker gets the benefit of choosing their teams, how to cast specials, and defence teams being sitting ducks really.

If you take away Telluria I am pretty sure this thread would not even have been raised.

So in my mind, it is not the 20% buff that is the problem, it is power creep and Telluria.

The 20% buff is just a distraction.

Well I’m not, im even part of the “happy few” collecting the holy three telluria vela and GM.

But I m not blind, I cleary see what’s happened in my alliance and how f2p players are more and more discouraged.

I also know heroes like telluria and ursena are op in def but not that much on offense where they’re good heroes but maybe not the best (far behind heroes like GM, seshat, kingstone to name a few).

So what I understand its passiv buff who turn them as op like finley, who would be fine on def if he didnt it like 1000 on his two first hits.

I Really thing that passive buff are too much when you add troups and emblems.

1 Like

I get what you are saying.

I would agree with you if there was struggle felt against ALL defence teams, not just Telluria tanked teams. At the moment the complaining is against Telluria so the problem is not the 20% buff, it is Telluria

If we got to a stage where all heroes were like Telluria or better well, then you have a point. But I hope we don’t get there, because that is a powercreep problem

1 Like

So because of one hero problem you would like to ruin the whole game balance? Its like trying to extinguish the fire with tank of gasoline. 20 % is huge difference. It will only cause additional problems and frustration.

1 Like