Is it time to get rid of the 20% damage bonus for defenses?

Honestly i think we’re just screwed and nothing is goin to change. To be blunt about it.

Best thing players can do is keep in mind that :poop: rolls down hill

A lot of players up top are struggling, and that number will only grow as more and more reach the same obstacles

Those that aren’t struggling, enjoy it while it lasts

At the end of the day just have fun with your friends and teammates and don’t let frustrations max your credit cards

Been talking about this change and similar changes for months now in line and then few days ago it reached the active player lounge and now the same discussions are reaching the rest of the forum.

Obviously more and more are seeing there’s some issues goin on and SG has completely crapped the bed in the past year with multiple mistakes that are all coming to a head.

Players are already stressed over the effects of the world wide pandemic goin on and now they can’t even find an escape in their pass time with their friends cause some company decided to way over reach with selfish greed when they were already making money hand over fist.

Hero academy, tavern of legends, emblems, telluria, vela, silent changes, alchemy lab etc etc etc. It’s all reaching the surface for more and more players.

All i can say is let those mistakes and frustrations save your money. Don’t let em ruin your pass time and hangin with your friends.

20 Likes

Well said. This is actually advice that I can support and follow.

9 Likes

I’ve been advocating for a tiered approach to the team defense buff for a long time. As your troops, emblems, cups, etc. approach various break points, the bonus should diminish.

5 Likes

What is this “active players lounge”? I’ve seen it mentioned a couple times now and don’t know where it is or how to access it? Some kind of double top secret society?

2 Likes

Or maybe something like… 20% bonus, but up to a maximum of 100 Def and/or 100 attack?

So, the 4* hero that has 500 Def or 500 attack will still get full 20% bonus.

The crazy heroes with 900 defense or 900 attack will only get the cap of 100 Def or 100 attack.

EDIT: numbers should probably be tweaked. Just a general idea that just came to mind.

2 Likes

It’s an invite only part of the forum

Usually pretty dead unless someone wants to kick up a b¡tch session out of the eyes of the public forum due to how toxic things get in the public forum

It’s a place where players are more likely to get devs to bend in their favor as long they’re ranked high enough and include a few compliments about the devs in their request

Idk how else to describe it honestly.

It doesn’t even fit it’s name anymore and the majority of the players I’ve seen it aren’t even active these days

It grew in popularity for a bit when devs were using it to single out their favorite forum users to fast track them to beta without having to sift through hundreds of public applications

Pretty much the jist of it.

Remember when higher titans were removed? Active player lounge

When the changes to deter mercs from snaggin emblems? Active player lounge

When the matchmaking was extended to past 5 wars to give top teams more variety?
Active player lounge

Etc etc etc

You’re not missing anything. And typically anything big goin down “out of sight” i typically bring to light, even before i was in the lounge since everything got passed onto me anyways and i didn’t like the idea of some secret club being the only voices to the devs

4 Likes

Thanks @Rigs

Agreed on the not missing out. It may sound wrong but I’m not interested in steering the devs unless they ask for input. Like you’ve mentioned, along with others, I just want to hang with like minded people and have fun playing a game. Preaching to people (if you can call devs that :wink:) sounds like an exercise in frustration and there’s already enough of that going around.

I do like kicking around ideas like this one though. I’ll just keep my expectations on the shelf.

5 Likes

Honestly, if we’re talking about outliving usefulness, the focus should be on Season 1 slow heros. My assumption has always been that the costumes were intended to try and remedy the fact that they are all lagging severely behind the newer heros, and while I appreciate the effort, frankly it’s not working. There is just no way to overcome slow Mana anymore without giving a monster special. I’ve been saying this anywhere I can, in hopes that at least 1 Dev will see it, but the issue with Telluria is not Telluria herself. It’s that in order to have any success against her on a consistent basis you need to have a couple of very specific red HOtM. The red Season 1 5s are simply chum in the water for her flanks as soon as she is able to fire. They are far too slow and/or weak to compete. We need a regularly available, TC20 fast red sniper to counter her. Marjana just doesn’t have enough punch. That generally goes for all the slow Season 1 heros. They are just not at all effective over 2500 trophies or so.

2 Likes

Personally i disageee with this. But do agree that there aren’t enough tc20 heroes available to combat the currenty synergy plaguing the game

1 Like

I’m not in favor of abolishing it. The attacker has so many advantages. Namely, the player can see the opponent’s team composition and select heroes specifically to counter them (especially stacking), the attacker gets to choose when to fire abilities and who to target, and the attacker has some control of events via board manipulation. The defender needs some sort of boost to compensate. Besides, isn’t it more interesting when raids are a challenge? Removing the defender’s boost would make raids too easy and take some of the fun out of the game. I don’t think the real issue is the defender boost, it’s SG releasing power creep tanks like Telly.

I keep hearing how easy everything is for others regarding emblemed defenses, current meta, etc

I’ve offered my spot in saders before but had no takers from those makin the claims.

I wouldn’t offer it now as at the time i was legitimately wanting a break.

All i can say is if you’re having such an easy time with the game and not in a top alliance, you may wanna think about applying

3 Likes

I agree.

Nerfing one hero will only address a small problem in the bigger picture.

But offense will continue to be bottlenecked with the scarcity of emblems and how resource intensive it is to level up multiple heroes, troops, and now to emblem them.

Setting up a defense only requires 5 heroes, 5 troops (one of each color minimum), 5 sets of emblems.

Setting up offensive teams for wars requires far more.

The foundation of the PvP aspect is shaky and the cracks become more apparent the more that is piled on top.

In theory, offense will catch up. But that’s going to take a long, long time – 3 years minimum is my guess, and who knows where anyone will be by then.

all of the above aside, you’ve got the right attitude IMO.

11 Likes

I love this idea and think it’s an easy implementation or coding. Maybe something like
Diamond: 0% boost
Platinum: 10% boost
Gold and lower: 20% boost (as before)

2 Likes

Usually the higher the harder, not the other way around.

1 Like

Last i checked troops cap at 25% attack or defense and now base stats are roughly 100 more than what they used to be

So it would still progress that way

I never said I found raiding in diamond easy. On the contrary, I was pointing out that right now it’s a challenge, and by removing the defense boost then it would become too easy.

As an aside, my roster is certainly too strong for my current alliance but that doesn’t bother me. I want to stay in the same Alliance as my wife, and it’s a great bunch of people who keep it casual. I have no interest in joining top tier alliances that expect constant coordinated participation. No disrespect to them at all, just not something I want to sign up for.

Lol…how so?

Do tell how a 4700 defense suddenly becomes a cake walk because it lost a silent boost

1 Like

LOL? Really? I’m just sharing my opinion. If you make defenders weaker then raiding gets easier. No need to be disrespectful.

Thanks all i needed to know…

You make a good point about it being easier to prioritize emblems to your five defense team heroes than to your (usually) more diverse attack roster. But I feel like if players choose to invest their emblems entirely on their defense then they should be tough to take down.
We should all keep in mind also that if the defense buff was removed, we would all (without exception) lose more cups when we’re offline. Plenty of people would be complaining vocally if that happened. It is definitely a double-edged sword. Of course Telly is the main reason this issue seems especially problematic right now. I wish they had at the very least not given her the immunity to minion removal. That way at least they could have come out with a decent anti-minion hero to counter her. Hell, even Grimble might have been somewhat viable. But c’est la vie.