šŸ˜² Is it me? or people started to quit the game / become m.i.a.? #1

I have no issue at all with other people deciding to spend their own money on it. If thatā€™s what they choose to do with their money, more power to them. Itā€™s their money, doesnā€™t hurt me one bit if someone else decides to spend $10,000 on the game. I would never, though, personally. No way. If E&P were a BTP (buy to play) game instead of a FTP MTX lootbox game, I would price it at about $14.99 U.S. If it were a PTP (pay to play) with a monthly subscription, I would price it at somewhere between $1.99-$2.99 per month. $10,000? :laughing: Absolutely not. For that price, Iā€™d expect a fully immersive holographic experience. Which is of course why SG went with the gacha model, because itā€™s a lot more profitable.

I do find it rather amusing when someone does spend a lot of money, and they come here to complain because they didnā€™t get what they wanted. I meanā€¦ thatā€™s the way the game works, right? If you donā€™t like the odds, donā€™t buy the summons. Problem solved.

Still a fun game, even as a FTP, you just have to give up on your dreams of having all the greatest heroes, and instead make do with what youā€™ve got. Stop worrying about how many trophies you have, or how many other players have this hero and that heroā€¦ remind yourself how much they probably actually paid to get those heroes, and ask yourself: are you willing to spend that much just so that you can hang out with the uber competitives? Because if you want to remain uber competitive, it doesnā€™t stop at your first group of heroes. You have to keep on buying more to keep up with the current META. Itā€™s a lot of work, a lot of stress, and a whole lot of money. Ask yourself, honestlyā€¦ are you really ready to make that kind of investment into a mobile phone game? If so - great! Just realize that E&P is your life now. Not your job, not your family, not your other financial responsibilities. Your life and your soul now belong to the game.

Or, alternative - you could just play casually and not worry about all of that.

10 Likes

Kept out so far, butā€¦ ah, wellā€¦ :laughing:

Sadly that happened to a game I played. One morning I couldnā€™t log in. Googled around and it turns out the servers for my region were turned off. No warning whatsoever.

However, the lesson here is one for digitally distributed content in general. We own nothing. We buy a licence to access the content. When I were a lad, when I bought something I owned it! :older_man:

With respect to E&P, Iā€™ve gained enough enjoyment out of the game to warrant some expenditure. I just donā€™t do it very often. :laughing:

1 Like

Yeah, I still like my physical copy, single player offline games for that reason. Doesnā€™t matter if the whole company goes out of business. As long as I still own the disc and the platform to play it on, I can play it forever.

Iā€™ve been pleasantly surprised by some of the online games Iā€™ve played that actually kept their original game servers running for years after most of the playerbase had already quit or moved on to a sequel. At that point they were no longer bringing in profits on the original game, so there was no reason for them to keep it going, but they did anyway. Thatā€™s pretty incredible IMO.

5 Likes

That does sound quite remarkable. Do hear the occasional console game have servers running for years afterwards as well, and when news the server finally shuts my reaction is ā€˜people are still playing that?ā€™

I only realised yesterday one game I play doesnā€™t have advertising support. Which can only mean it is funded by customer purchases alone. But generally the gameplay loop of these games are very similar. A lot of grinding, leveling, farming and exchanging items for other items to enableā€¦ more grinding, leveling and farming! Iā€™d like to think some people realise this at some point and either accept it and enjoy it for what it is; or feel so disgusted they decide to quit. :laughing:

As you can tell I take this game very seriouslyā€¦

1 Like

It seems like I hear this alot that SGG doesnā€™t listen to beta. I wonder why that isā€¦ If the donā€™t listen to beta they shouldnā€™t have it.

Iā€™ve also contemplated quiting the game because itā€™s just starting to get old and it really does seem like SGG doesnā€™t really care
The only thing they want to do is milk all the money from you. I quit on my alt account. Iā€™ll just play on my main for a while and see if I can start enjoying the game again

1 Like

I stepped down, at least temporarily, from leading Helios (top 100). My alt is presently leading our feeder alliance (Helios - Eos) and I am having a bit more fun on that. Iā€™m not entirely sure why, but the feeder alliance with my alt is a little more fun than the main alliance with my main acct. sure, some of it is the drudgery of cobbling together items for 14* titans, but Iā€™ve considered stepping away from the game altogether several times.

I donā€™t want it to reflect poorly on my alliance, or upset my teammates, but life has not been kind (outside of the game) otherwise and the game isnā€™t quite the same for me as it was a year ago. I donā€™t want to leave my alliance mates, but Iā€™m stuck as to whether I have the interest in trying to ā€˜driveā€™ to be in the top 100 personally or as a leader.

I donā€™t think itā€™s a natural ebb and flow of attention-span or due to life circumstances. I think this is directly corollary to SG mismanagement and failure to properly foster their golden goose.

It came from SGā€™s own AMA awhile ago that they see the game lasting 5 years (paraphrased). We are almost to year 4 of that. Do they stop major improvements and features after season 3 is released and just let the game drift until it dies after that? Who knows.

Either way, I have become personally disenchanted with the game. And, as much as I enjoy Beta and appreciate the privilege of participating in the programā€¦ itā€™s only served to confirm what Iā€™ve already suspected-- theyā€™re going to do whatever they want, and release things as they willā€¦ even if the majority of us do not agree. And as much as the negativity is repulsive, it takes a huge groundswell to even really get their attention.

But who cares, right? If E/P dies, they have their new pet project Puzzle Combat. Sure, they say itā€™s different developers. But cā€™monā€¦ in IT, people are shuffled around all the time.

Disenchanted, yes. Completely done? Not yet. Soon? Maybe.

20 Likes

Sometimes I wonder how many players there are actually in this forum, considering the game got 10+ millions downloads, let alone those who donā€™t speak English. It just seems most of the time the negativity is caused by the politics among regular members, high-profile players, and those who believe they spend enough money on the game to have some say.

I joined this forum in the first place just to get information about certain aspects of the game and heroes, thatā€™s it. I donā€™t quite remember since when all this has become so political. Perhaps we need to ask ourselves if it is actually the game that has become so intoxicated or it is the forum itself. If you consider going on here to vent only, maybe there should be the option of Invite Only. Why the hell does everyone else have to suffer as well? I know there is the ā€˜muteā€™ option, but this is public site just like the public park. If you would like to get naked lying on the beach, go to a nude beach.

None of my teammates in my alliance has a single complaint about Tellie-Velaā€™s nerfs. They donā€™t care, and they donā€™t go on this forum and tell the world that they donā€™t care either. And Iā€™m telling you, that is what the majority of the player base is like. Cā€™mon.

1 Like

So says your narrow perspective from the small sample size of your alliance.

Sorry to say, but an alliance maximum is 30. Even if you all agree, that is not greater than the representative population of the forum. So just because you disagree, doesnā€™t mean your perspective is accurate.

In fact? You are doing just what you accuse the forum of doing.

We on the forum do not speak with one voice.
We have different perspectives.
We discuss them.

10 Likes

I know there is the ā€˜muteā€™ option, but this is public site just like the public park. If you would like to get naked lying on the beach, go to a nude beach.

Unfortunately, unhappy users donā€™t have a ā€œnude beachā€. So we are all here raising our concerns, the same exact way you are. I donā€™t think itā€™s fair not to practice what you preach.

2 Likes

Sorry I didnā€™t respond to your post specifically nor try to say if I was in favor of or against Tellie/Vela nerf. I only find it neccessary for these political posts to be filtered. Many players only come on here for neutral information about the game.

Thatā€™s exactly what Iā€™m suggesting. Automatic filter and Invite only Posts like a type of alliance.

Thatā€™s a tough thing.

I, too, wish that the forum platform would filter out all of the perspectives I didnā€™t want to hear (intentionally obtuse posts, annoying trolls, overt negativity, ridiculous personal attacks or other things that detract from the overall enjoyment of the forum).

There is a way to filter out whole sections and only look at the recruiting stuff. I forgot exactly how to do it, but you can customize your homescreen.

2 Likes

True dat! Definitely agree.

:smiley_cat:

We lost 2 nice partners of the alliance because they were done with spending money and donā€™t get any nice summon. We all know that is just lick but after a long time and not getting anything but Gunnar they decide to drop the the game, they were level 62 and 54

Well as we just lost Rigs along with a growing list of some of the most knowledgeable players here, and it all seems due to the overwhelming greediness of who? Is it Zynga pulling these strings? Or is it a deliberate choice by SG?
The alchemy lab was an obvious failure by most standards. The Hero Academy could be promising but will it leave beta that way? It appears to make the despicable Tavern of Heroā€™s even less needed or wanted than it already is!! Thatā€™s a VERY strong statement as anyone with more sense than dollars understands that itā€™s a money pit the really removes what little goodwill SG got from the very small coronavirus/quarantine ā€œgiftsā€ to help the ā€œcommunityā€.
I really hope that someone comes to their senses here very soon as the future isnā€™t looking very bright. I can guarantee I wonā€™t be the last man standing here. If this trend continues Iā€™ll be on the short bus heading to a mind numbing game to help me forget faster than AL Gore invented the internet.
This is and always will be, in my 50+ (a tiny bit more) years of experiences, the best run and maintained forum Iā€™ve ever been a part of. Iā€™ve made many great friends here and have enjoyed every minute I spend on the forums. BUT, I do not wish to see a slow painful death and as such will not remain to watch if this trend continues.

#SmallGiant, #Zynga PLEASE stop this blood letting before itā€™s completely out of your control. We, the players/fan base, wether F2P or P2W do NOT wave to see this game die in the name of a 1% gain in stock. If you continue to show you donā€™t care we will continue to find a place that does (thereā€™s at least 1!! Maybe even 2) so FFS alter course NOW or Season 3 will end in misery and sadness if it even makes it that far.

13 Likes

@PeachyKeen, Iā€™m 100% behind this statement. There are 2 reasons Iā€™m still here, #1 my alliance, a better group of people you will never gather in one spot again, #2 this forum and players such as yourself who go out of their way to help other players without a 2nd thought (btw that made a VERY big impression on my alliance, thanks again) and the Moderators thst give so much of their free time to make this the special place I can assure anyone new that it is.
Once I leave my very 1st step will be to sell any Zynga stock I may or may not have and then to make sure this company never gains another cent from me nor a second of my time.

5 Likes

So far, as best as many of us can tell, it is largely a reskin of EP. Same buildings (even same costs and build times - I lookup the costs here to know how to plan for the next level of a building). Same five colors and strengths and weaknesses. Raids, wars, titans. Even this new concept of temporary extra health is something they have there, itā€™s just called armor. And it triggers different behaviors just like Baldurā€™s special behaves here. Rare quests, challenge events, 1*-5* heroes, poor story/dialogue - itā€™s all there.

There are some new features (weapons are advanced differently than troops, square matches create diagonally exploding dragons), UI improvements, they just had a huge balance release.

All that to say, it may be a different development team, but they started with the same source code, work in the same building, etc. As you insinuated, it is likely that PC ā€œstoleā€ some talent from EP, whether creative or technical, and for a ā€œsmall company,ā€ that loss is going to be evident to end users.

4 Likes

Itā€™sā€¦ tooā€¦ muchā€¦

After 2+ years as one of the middle casual players I have a couple times considered quitting. Iā€™ve been active here so Iā€™m certainly not in the silent majority. I also donā€™t spend much and never will. The first 10 months I spent nothing.

I continue to play because I still enjoy the challenges the game offers to me. I am not bored with the game yet, inf act I am still learning its intricacies. I have pulled all but one S1 5* (missing Magni), many in duplicates, but it would take me literally years to gather the required materials to level them all. And I am not even close to a level 30 troop. Or a +20 emblemed hero. But if I do become bored, I will quit playing. Iā€™ll say my goodbyes to my alliance of two years and hopefully post a short goodbye like @Rigs.

I will NOT start another match 3 game like E&P. I will probably not start another online game, at least not for a while. This is the second one Iā€™ve played on my phone. The other I played for three years, spent literally zero in the game, never accessed the forums, reached a point where I could easily finish top 1% in any tournament, and got bored and frustrated with the changes they made to it. Itā€™s actually still on my tablet but I havenā€™t played it at all in months and not regularly in a year and a half. That could eventually be E&Pā€™s fate.

One thing that I have noticed for me is a definite lessening of interest in a lot of the, um, new content here in the forums.

6 Likes

In that particular case, ā€œBobā€ was already only a ā€œmemberā€. ā€œElderā€ status was granted to those who were steady and reliable. ā€œCo-leaderā€ was granted to those who were steady, reliable, and helpful. Took me a couple months to go from member to co-lead. As a co-leader, I didnā€™t want to kick Bob. But other co-leads voted and decided that ā€œBobā€ had missed too many titans and war flags. I was the only one who voted to keep Bob. But I was outnumberedā€¦ and as much as I believe in supporting individual people, I also believe in democracy and ā€œwhatā€™s best for the allianceā€. Majority of the alliance decided that Bob had to go. So, Bob had to goā€¦ in order to keep the majority happy. :man_shrugging:

This was my first alliance, mind youā€¦ most of us didnā€™t use Line. 95% of communication was via alliance chat. 5% through email (though email was mostly used for private conversations not meant to be read by everyone).

Iā€™m not in that alliance anymore, because drama. I left and started my own casual group where the scores donā€™t matter and titans oftentimes escape because half of us forgot that we had a titan in the first place. :laughing:

2 Likes