😲 Is it me? or people started to quit the game / become m.i.a.? #1

If I had to guess, the devs are likely avoiding many QoL improvements here since the Zynga deal is not quite final. I thought that I read some performance criteria still need to be met for the final 20%. If still true, I suspect that SG may wash their hands of this game and focus solely on the other. It seems that is the case if all the groovy features are being implemented in the game they will retain control over.

I also suspect that there may be clauses in the contract that restricts their ability to comment on the deal. Regardless, if PC ever comes to Apple I would give it a try but would also incorporate my own lessons learned on how I approach a mobile gacha game.

I haven’t got to where most of the posters on this thread are at, but I do note that the majority are long-term, well respected players who have spent a lot of time and brainpower giving advice and assistance to newer players on this forum and presumably elsewhere such as in their alliances. People who love this game, or did until very recently; whose enthusiasm has inspired others; who often give short shrift to pointless whines based on misunderstanding the game or a ridiculous sense of entitlement! Complaints by such players are far from pointless whines. I also note how many of these comments are accompanied by sound ideas for improvement which I believe the majority of the player base could get behind.

These are people who care about the game, who want to see it remain a great product. They haven’t just burned out and decided to switch just because time has passed. I really think they need to be listened to. Will SG implement everything suggested here? Of course not. But at the moment they don’t even seem ready to meet you half-way. (I’m not saying “us” because, as I said above, I haven’t got to that stage yet. But respect to all of you.)

10 Likes

b

d

e

f

g

18 Likes

and the sad “competitor” is out of league, category, platform ,etc lol.

I discovered a game like the one you describe and I was shock a game could give the user stuff just for logging in and playing. Useful stuff like 5 star heroes, AM for them, orbs to summon (you can summon with 3 orbs) and all of this daily.

He is my simple philosophy.

If I didn’t give my money to SG I’d probably give it to someone selling magic beans at the market

1 Like

Yes!

1. Improved leading mechanisms for alliance leaders. For example an alliance loot on titans where you (as leader) can sent a 4 Star ascension material directly to a member that desperatley waits for that since months.
    This would also make people stick together longer.
  2. Maybe even “the longer your alliance has constant members, the higher the loot”, which would instantly solve stupid alliance hopping.
  3. Alliance challenges (good balance needed)
  4. Better alliance recruitment (who does not hate alliance recruitment chat)
  5. Improved alliance wars (i like your ideas out of one of your first posts)
  6. Kill dead alliances or dead players after a while of inactivity (our alliance name is blocked by a one man alliance, offline for 700 days)
1 Like

Lately I’m think of quitting. What demotivated me most was this month summons, never was so difficult to be awarded hotm. Since my friends got 4 or 5 copys of her.

Haha I love how the only comment from SG on this is “don’t talk about competitors” …way to go…their only method right now for stopping the spread of game deletion is to heavily enforce that rule, sure makes me want to spend :joy::joy:

4 Likes

OPENING SOON:

TGW’S MAGIC BEAN MARKET

6 Likes

For me, I retired 1 of my teams last week, and probably will another before too long. They have added so much grind to the game that it’s hard to keep up with it all. Now, if I was still enjoying things the way I used to, I’d probably keep playing more. However, for me I have grown very frustrated by the new “features” that are outrageously expensive for the rewards provided. I’m having a harder time staying loyal and spending on a game where it appears they seem to enjoy disappointing their customers. The TOL, HA, AL, HL, enhanced mines and farms are all just HUGE resource hogs without minimal benefit. It just seems they are going to keep pushing the envelope until we all quit.

1 Like

50 summons in a month guarantees HOTM.

75 summons at Atlantis guarantees a featured hero at the Atlantis portal.

75 summons at Valhalla guarantees a Valhalla 5*

100 summons at a challenge/seasonAl event guarantees one of the featured heroes.

All current summon odds remain the same. The above is added in.

Make it so You won’t ever get the same guaranteed hero per 75/100 summons at that gate. The guaranteed heroes don’t reset after each summon event, only HOTM resets with the new HOTM.

Yay.

7 Likes

I don’t want to add to the negativity with negative words. Not saying I disagree, in fact much of my feelings have been expressed by others.

But if there’s a get-together at an “ALTERNATE MEETING PLACE” that looks suspiciously like another entertainment/game application… Line me at justf&ckenpeachy (& = u)

I haven’t been a super long time player (1 year anniversary June 15th) but I am getting the same bordem setting in like many others.

I came in with anticipation of a fun diversion while I had some downtime from work. I throughly enjoyed the beginning and the way things went along at a fairly decent pace. I initially didn’t spend anything but got VIP and did a few pulls here and there to improve my roster.

Things moved along and I got to the point of joining an alliance. Made a ton of good gaming friends and, until recently, was in a great alliance with a solid group of players who have been feeling the same way about the game that I am - its turned into a job that I have to pay out of my own pocket to advance in. I left the alliance and just sit in my own single player alliance doing things at my own pace with no rigid war schedule or strategy to follow and hit the titan and work on team synergy, not caring if I defeat it or not…

The game still interests me but the grind for advancement is getting to be to much of a job and not a distraction from the daily grind of life. I don’t need to spend a hour farming 8-7 and quests and raiding for filling a hero or monster chest only to see food iron and 3 gems for my efforts. I’ve kept track of my loot for the last few months, besides an ocassional 4* mat outside of POV or the rare quests, I really don’t get much useful lately. With the loot being so bad for the effort I put in I made the decision to go solo for now before i make a final decision on quitting the game or to keep up the grind.

To be fair I enjoy some of the new features. The score chasing in events keeps me interested, POV was fun the 1st time but it turned into a “how many days left grinding until the 4* mats are finished”, and I’m enjoying all the new heroes and costumes that breathe more life into the old 4* roster i have maxed but stripped emblems off of for 5*.

My roster is expanding nicely with 8 maxed 5* but I’ve hit the boredom/mats wall as the rate of introduction of new heroes/costumes and the drop rate of 4* mats is way out of balance. I’m currently averaging 1-2 new 5* each month and 3-4 various 4* mats so I’m looking at 3+ months before i will likely get 3 more scopes to max Alice or magni or richard then another 3-6 months to max the other and so on. This is not including any other new 5* i run into in that time of scope chasing.

Do I want to keep grinding or just call it a day and go to another game?

Thats my dilemna right now.

5 Likes

@Necromancer2k8 come and join mine dude “Ministry of Silly Orcs”

We have no war strategy. Just hit titans, chat and have fun

1 Like

Thanks! I’m glad you liked it.

That being said this was a thread opened by a fellow player so I don’t know if SGG is looking for this feedback or not. I was kinda just airing my frustrations player to player :sweat_smile:

SGG hosts these forums and have control over all content including my posts, so they are free to search, read, refer, reach out to anyone on this thread. I rather not write fan mail or participate in write-in campaigns. Also what I have written is far from novel or something business at their scale can’t figure out for themselves…and if not that’s what consulting firms are for :man_shrugging:

What’s wrong? Fix your game and the competition wouldn’t matter. We’d be happy here. We used to be happy but you people keep ruining it.

7 Likes

Nice. I replaced the motherboard on mine during the winter after the fan stopped working. I’ve finally stopped thinking about it exploding when it kicks on, but maybe that’s because it hasn’t been on all spring. I did cheat though. I had the service guy out to diagnose the problem.

1 Like

Soooo @Rigs seen anything good advertised in your Mystic Vision lately? :wink: :wink:

1 Like

Yes. Due to the artificial shortage of rare items, the game brings me more nervousness than joy. Especially now, when it is necessary to introduce a new variable into this planning equation - whether the hero whom I have ascended will be nerfed and whether the expensively bought and so accumulated ascension mats will disappear.

Cookie Settings