😲 Is it me? or people started to quit the game / become m.i.a.? #1

What makes me sad is that clearly we are nothing but money machines for them. see the current events.

1. The last event has a super cool gameplay, only use heroes once and such… but the portal is ridiculous lol. it’s not my style to complain about the % because I’m just not an idiot and I don’t spend my summons in this type of trap. but man, this is wrong. So wrong.
  2. They do not communicate with us. ignore our suggestions and promote updates that silently harm us.
  3. Recently, they made the costumes take a while longer to level up. low blow. were people really leveling their costumes too fast?
  4. Nerfing the titanium shield was also announced and being tested on beta. Like??? hahhahahahahah pay for a strong item and now they want to nerf it.
  5. The chests gets useless at some point. Once per month you’ll eventually receive something usefull.
  6. They are so greedy and the rewards are so low on titans that I practically see no reason to spend my battle items on the titans anymore. the items are more expensive than the rewards we get back, so there’s no point.
  7. That item exchange building was SO GREEDY that nobody seems to be using it and now they’re remaking it on beta already…
  8. Hero Acacemy looks like something that you’ll spend too much resourses and will wait so much time that you eventually will forget that it exists.
  9. Other games are doing it better, period.
  10. WAR CHEST TAKES FOREVER TO FILL AND THE REWARDS ARE STILL RANDOM AND WILL EVENTUALLY MAKE JOKES AT YOUR EFFORTS.
  11. Tournaments too. I always get inside the 1% people but never got anything better than a magic orb from it.
  12. The boards are random but I still don’t believe you. All other match 3 games have better boards than yours. The other game I play always let me make like 10hit combos on titans and raids. Something very rare in Empires.
  13. users must stop saying “you’re just unlucky”. No, dude. The game is making you think you’re unlucky. You deserve better for your efforts, believe me.

Giving your life and time for having fun on a game and getting nothing back is very tiring, SGG could know and believe in that. We are loyal players but we’re being treated like worthless junk and it’s been a while. I don’t spend anymore because I don’t think you deserve my money for the reasons up there.

NOT MENTIONING THE FIASCO ABOUT BETA TESTERS BOARDS that they tried to hide from us: Are gem boards random or based on a play table? [Staff Response in Post #240, #276] and they HAVE NEVER said anything about it. Not even sorry. So I don’t trust them anymore since.

I ABSOLUTELY recommend that you all download and try to play games that were inspired by empires. you will easily see extra benefits that they do not give us. The chances of winning better heroes are greater, the boards are really fun and do not avoid the colors you take to the battle and does make awesome combos, you will get items for defeating enemies !!! (really !!!) and there are several extra chests (every 5 raids, every 10 mystical visions… etc … there are many chances! You feel actually loved!!!).

I love empires, don’t get me wrong. But the competition is offering better things. You will have to adapt because you are being evil here.

29 Likes

I’m training 2* heroes because I can’t get a f* 5* (all my heroes are done).
I’m tired of put money in this game with zero return. And it’s a lot of money.

1 year and half playing, and I got 5 of 5* ascended (Puss in Boots, Arthur, Panther, Telluria and Vela). 5 without 3/70 (Grimble, Isarnia, Horghall, Thorne, Vela).

I put a lot of money and nothing.
While my teammates don’t spent nothing and get every HOTM. And tc20 give them the rest.

My tc20 gave me Sartana and Thorne last November. 1 year with 2 tc20 and just 2 heroes.

I’m tired.

P.s. I have 18 darts and not one yellow 5*, 15 rings, 7 telescopes, 7 elixirs and 5 tabards.

1 Like

I don’t see why 5* appearance rates are higher, what’s the difference if people have a bunch of 3/70 5*, the 4* asc items are the bottleneck

1 Like

40 turn ins on tavern of legends all 37 3s 2 4s and a 5th isarnia. F2P now and forever. Plenty of games that dont require you to spend money to get heroes.

I have 9 tombs and zero DBs

1 Like

I don’t know for sure but I agree things aren’t looking good.

I think we can agree that one of the biggest issues plaguing this game is that there aren’t many features which aren’t cash grabs. You can throw cash and quench the progress satisfaction for a bit. Although returns don’t seem that great tbh.

That’s what I have been doing since January. First I stopped buying those challenge event $1 offers after Valhalla copied Atlantis offer model. Further I stopped spending on VIP and I’m likely to go down to F2P route. Not that I can’t afford it, it’s just that all of this is getting really old.

I kinda disagree with this one because a good business gets profits by providing a service. Higher the quality of service, better profits you get. And sometimes you get that without converting everything into a cash grab. Some of the successful models that actually implement this well -

• Movie theaters - cost of a cinema experience is standard in a geo-region and designed to be accessible. Nowadays there are more subscription models that further increase cinema accessibility. One of the key reasons for this being possible is that movie tickets have very low margins and their main goal is to get people in to theaters and profit of popcorn/drinks/merch etc from people who can afford it and doesn’t touch core movie experience. Certain sporting events, concerts, amusement parks have succeeded immensely with this model.
  • Video game companies - If you look at financials of hardware itself (viz manufacturing, marketing, supply chain, sales etc)…most of the companies cut to close or even make a loss when selling consoles. However that works out fine because they recover via game sales and publishing.
  • Multiplayer games - There are many examples of multiplayer games which are purely FTP but earn billions of $s in cash from cosmetic items alone (which have no effect on match outcome)
  • Smart devices - There are so many companies who during promo have given smart assistant devices, streaming devices, cellphones at manufacturing cost just so they can rope you into their own ecosystem.

I can spend whole day discussing this but there are better models for revenue and profitability in which both company and customers form a symbiotic relationship. Not every area has to be a cash grab.

2 Likes

Not everybody have same problem.
Work smart not hard.
I don’t ascend my 3/70 5* without proper synergy with my teams.
My problem is lack of options. Game goes more and more p2w every single day. And as a c2p ı have too many mats on waiting for some worthy heroes that ı can’t probably never get. Don’t get me wrong i don’t even say kinda old Hotm, ı am saying atlantis heroes(which i can’t do summons for free anymore) or event heroes

I cast lots 15 times in the legend tavern and only got 3x 4 * the others were 3 *.
Amy Macdonald sing about this “this is the life”
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRYvuS9OxdA

I have your opinion too. The reward sistem is poor for the amount of hours needed to play.

3 Likes

It isn’t correct. Previous pulls do not influence the next one. The odds are always the same every pull. Math has no pity counter, and the “equalizing pulls” could just as easily be someone else’s as yours.

You could be “unlucky” and go 1000 pulls or more with all 3*'s.

4 Likes

Excellent post! Please write to SG lol

1 Like

@zephyr1 @Guvnor it is OK to mention Puzzle Combat here, because it also made by SG?

Yes, Puzzle Combat can be mentioned, since it’s made by Small Giant, though extensive discussion of it is effectively off-topic for E&P threads, and is mostly constrained to these threads for the moment:

Comparative discussion of Puzzle Combat to Empires & Puzzles is perfectly on-topic though — for instance noting improvements Puzzle Combat has implemented that Empires & Puzzles has not.

5 Likes

I am starting to run into E&P quitters in the clone of E&P. A lot of them are there because there are some nice QOL benefits there. I won’t go into details as that is probably out of bounds (unless I can just ‘suggest’ them here) but the longer I play the more I think about where I should be spending my money, and that isn’t a good thing for here.

Just reinstalled Puzzle Combat and notice many improvements over E&P. While I do not like new assets (I uninstalled my PC on version 15), but I like many QoL improvements from PC. If they made it in E&P too, I will be very happy.

1. Online indicator
  2. Province finishing packs (like in NEW Puzzle Combat)
  3. Roster buttons (like select all in-color 1* or 2*, as in weapon screen)
  4. More raid tiers and raid season for top players
  5. More quests (Loot Ticket quest, troop quest)
  6. Zombie Horde mode (It will fits perfectly in E&P even as-is).
  7. Actual ascension mat tier. Why the hell trap tools has a tier 3, if Tail Boots also has a Tier 3?
    Make Trap tools etc. Tier 4, and Tabard etc. Tier 5 (In PC they already done that, I guess). And adjust probabilities accordingly for us to at least know how many times we will get Tail Boots, and how many times we will get Trap Tools. But better just to save 3* probability for 4* and current 4* probability to 5*. So, Top 5% raid tournament and elemental chest would always give to us unfarmable mat.

Also I like some mechaincal changes form PC:

1. Richer Match-3 mechanic (especiall 2x2 match part, another parts in E&P is better for me)
  2. Less HOTM and event heroes (but this is only because PC is young) - Standard heroes in PC is still pretty good, especially Anastasia and El Coyote.
  3. Team cost for troops (as for weapons in E&P) - also very good, because it will add a feel of evolving to this game.
  4. Recurring HoTM - if HoTM is great, there is no reason not to repeat HoTM cycle like Puzzle Combat do. Why we should get 5* drawbacked green Merlin instead of Telluria? I have Telluria, but would happy to see her again as HoTM.

For me, Puzzle Combat seems superior now.

Empires and Puzzles also has advantages:

1. Great fantasy style assets of E&P. Urban assets of PC just less appearing for many players (for example, my GF, and it is a main reason, why I do not play only in PC).
  2. Stronger heroes’ specials, especially healers (but now, with invention of HoT and overheal (C.Kashhrek, Heimdall), E&P also moves to PC direction, which is sad for me).
    Old healers in E&P is heal in PERCENTAGE, which i like way more than fixed HP heal. Only one season 3 healer who heal a percentage is Ratatoskr, and I think than his concept was designed first, before those fixed HP heal.
  3. Simplified special skill leveling. It is just simple - feed 10 on-color feeders all the way and 90% times you will max special skill on 4* and 70% on 3*. You do not need to search for a books and anything. So, grind is way less than in PC.
  4. More relevant 4* heroes. In PC 4* hero is always behind 5* on max, which is not the case of E&P.

For a new players I strongly recommend PC over E&P now, because F2P and C2P(only VIP) in PC is much easier now (classic heroes are WAY MORE relevant than E&P).

2 Likes

Yap I am agree with you :pensive::pensive::pensive:

42wem2

I also liked many of the PC mechanics but

This… I found the base so turgid and uninspiring.

I’m still really enjoying Empires but there have been a number of inexplicable PR own goals.

2 Likes

My GF said than she will not play PC due to weird stylistic (and non-SG E&P clones too).

For me PC stylistic is good, but E&P is better (especially in some costumes and season 3).
But as for PC - I like Foxtrot and G.Owl from Grand Heist event (visuals, I do not have any of them).

1 Like

Haven’t played Puzzle Combat myself.

1_Hemr6fZ6OEvNWu1fodYRpg

:thinking:

Alright SG. Level with me. Exactly which way are you going here?

1 Like

Do you even know what benchmarking is?

Cookie Settings