šŸ˜² Is it me? or people started to quit the game / become m.i.a.? #1

All your replies are good and feel it my self , but what hurts the most that in SG no one is listening, they simply dont care. Thats why before playing you next game choose carefully the developer company and check their history.

1 Like

The costume quest is fine. Paywalling the costumes was just a cash grab. But thereā€™s no way for new players to play the game anymore. TC20 is just for collecting your early roster of essential 4* heroes, but itā€™s too far away. Nearly all the 5* arenā€™t worth giving mats, because mats are too precious, and now you need to know which costumes you might get some day to decide who to ascend without regret. Thereā€™s no recommendation I can give to new players anymore except donā€™t spend money. Meanwhile, SGG spends more on marketing than anything else. Eventually the amount they can sucker from ingenues wonā€™t keep up. Then theyā€™ll offer a few super super deals and shut down the servers after.

2 Likes

Totally agree. I am a f2p but even I have overflowing maxed heroes that I never or rarely use anymore. I wish the game would have a feature that ā€œforcesā€ me to be more creative and use different heroes. Sure, there is the new tavern of legends and it is a nice addition. But it only happens once a month. I really think SG should make better use of the team power or team cost feature (this idea has been suggested multiple times before). Put a cap on it to motivate players to try different setups. That would certainly re-energize the game.

1 Like

Lol everything i said went over your head and you looked at just the surface to start an argumentā€¦

This was the part i didnt miss when i was away from the forum.

Free rewards for logging in, doesnt require to watch an ad or do a summons. Literally just pops up a notification; ā€œhey thanks for liking our game, here ya goā€ and itā€™s something more useful than a 1or 2 feederā€¦ and gradually increases the more days logged in consistently

When i say 5* and hotm are earned. I mean guaranteed 5* and hotm are earned. Not rng CHANCESā€¦

And no E&P doesnā€™t have a pity counter. You can still hit those mathematical odd marks and get screwed. Ask the people that have spent upwards of $2500 in 1 weekend and still didnā€™t get a desired heroā€¦oh wait you canā€™t because theyā€™re not here.

When i say pity counter. Iā€™m talking one that bluntly says ā€œyou receive 1 shard for each summon, after x amount of summons you are guaranteed a random 5* heroā€. Keeps the randomness involved but increases the odds more substantially of getting a desired hero. And the shards can be accumulated over time, not just how much u dump into 1 portal over a matter of hours to chase 1 hero etc.

14 Likes

Everyone has their own personal beef against something in the game. I do happen to like the Costume Chamber quests as well. I donā€™t like the paltry rewards that you get for doing them. And for me the personal beef is the added content with little to no reward. The content itself is good up to a point, until it starts to use up too much of my time. But the little to no reward for the added content, unless I am willing to pay for it, is disheartening. If Iā€™m willing to pay why do I need to grind so much? And if Iā€™m willing to grind why is there no reward for it?

8 Likes

I keep posting this link hoping SGG see itā€¦ LOL

I agree corporate comms is difficult, often hampered by bureaucracy or lack of vision. But not investing into it and improving often leads to a brands downfall.

I work in marketing, so I know it CAN be done wellā€¦ despite how difficult it is. But it requires the company truly understanding its value to their business health and properly investing into it.

13 Likes

Iā€™m not ready to quit yet, but my play habits have definitely changed.

I donā€™t spend money on the game anymore.
I chat less.
I still do my dailies, but they take far longer than they used to.

Overall, Iā€™ve become less interested in playing the game.

5 Likes

The average spend per install for E&P is $12. After this every penny/cent is a bonus, and SG performance marketing will be tailored to meeting this spend on each account, and maintaining or increasing the average. Given that some players spend in the tens of thousands, thatā€™s an awful lot of zeroes.

With this in mind, looking at each event and offer as a way of convincing a new installer to spend their first $12, the offers and events seem more understandable!

As most players whoā€™ve had their interest piqued enough to join the forum have reached this level, itā€™s clear that the number of hoots given for our opinions is considerably less than two.

4 Likes

It might be so, but think about it. Every new user is a marketing cost. Existing users are not, they have already been paid.

Till you reach a certain level, you are not hooked. You can give up free on the game, no strings attached. After you have passed a certain level, you have invested money and A LOT OF TIME. You have an alliance. So giving up is not so easy. You are hooked.

This is why existing customers matters. If you anger them, you fight with a 100 more ads of games for the new user. Big costs and no loyalty, how many you think are going to grind each day in a game that is not so polished and full of features as the others put there?

2 Likes

Oh, I agree with you. It totally beats me why the concepts of goodwill and loyalty are as good as ignored.

1 Like

What makes me sad is that clearly we are nothing but money machines for them. see the current events.

1. The last event has a super cool gameplay, only use heroes once and suchā€¦ but the portal is ridiculous lol. itā€™s not my style to complain about the % because Iā€™m just not an idiot and I donā€™t spend my summons in this type of trap. but man, this is wrong. So wrong.
  2. They do not communicate with us. ignore our suggestions and promote updates that silently harm us.
  3. Recently, they made the costumes take a while longer to level up. low blow. were people really leveling their costumes too fast?
  4. Nerfing the titanium shield was also announced and being tested on beta. Like??? hahhahahahahah pay for a strong item and now they want to nerf it.
  5. The chests gets useless at some point. Once per month youā€™ll eventually receive something usefull.
  6. They are so greedy and the rewards are so low on titans that I practically see no reason to spend my battle items on the titans anymore. the items are more expensive than the rewards we get back, so thereā€™s no point.
  7. That item exchange building was SO GREEDY that nobody seems to be using it and now theyā€™re remaking it on beta alreadyā€¦
  8. Hero Acacemy looks like something that youā€™ll spend too much resourses and will wait so much time that you eventually will forget that it exists.
  9. Other games are doing it better, period.
  10. WAR CHEST TAKES FOREVER TO FILL AND THE REWARDS ARE STILL RANDOM AND WILL EVENTUALLY MAKE JOKES AT YOUR EFFORTS.
  11. Tournaments too. I always get inside the 1% people but never got anything better than a magic orb from it.
  12. The boards are random but I still donā€™t believe you. All other match 3 games have better boards than yours. The other game I play always let me make like 10hit combos on titans and raids. Something very rare in Empires.
  13. users must stop saying ā€œyouā€™re just unluckyā€. No, dude. The game is making you think youā€™re unlucky. You deserve better for your efforts, believe me.

Giving your life and time for having fun on a game and getting nothing back is very tiring, SGG could know and believe in that. We are loyal players but weā€™re being treated like worthless junk and itā€™s been a while. I donā€™t spend anymore because I donā€™t think you deserve my money for the reasons up there.

NOT MENTIONING THE FIASCO ABOUT BETA TESTERS BOARDS that they tried to hide from us: Are gem boards random or based on a play table? [Staff Response in Post #240, #276] - #5 by Rigs and they HAVE NEVER said anything about it. Not even sorry. So I donā€™t trust them anymore since.

I ABSOLUTELY recommend that you all download and try to play games that were inspired by empires. you will easily see extra benefits that they do not give us. The chances of winning better heroes are greater, the boards are really fun and do not avoid the colors you take to the battle and does make awesome combos, you will get items for defeating enemies !!! (really !!!) and there are several extra chests (every 5 raids, every 10 mystical visionsā€¦ etc ā€¦ there are many chances! You feel actually loved!!!).

I love empires, donā€™t get me wrong. But the competition is offering better things. You will have to adapt because you are being evil here.

30 Likes

Iā€™m training 2* heroes because I canā€™t get a f* 5* (all my heroes are done).
Iā€™m tired of put money in this game with zero return. And itā€™s a lot of money.

1 year and half playing, and I got 5 of 5* ascended (Puss in Boots, Arthur, Panther, Telluria and Vela). 5 without 3/70 (Grimble, Isarnia, Horghall, Thorne, Vela).

I put a lot of money and nothing.
While my teammates donā€™t spent nothing and get every HOTM. And tc20 give them the rest.

My tc20 gave me Sartana and Thorne last November. 1 year with 2 tc20 and just 2 heroes.

Iā€™m tired.

P.s. I have 18 darts and not one yellow 5*, 15 rings, 7 telescopes, 7 elixirs and 5 tabards.

1 Like

I donā€™t see why 5* appearance rates are higher, whatā€™s the difference if people have a bunch of 3/70 5*, the 4* asc items are the bottleneck

1 Like

40 turn ins on tavern of legends all 37 3s 2 4s and a 5th isarnia. F2P now and forever. Plenty of games that dont require you to spend money to get heroes.

I have 9 tombs and zero DBs

1 Like

I donā€™t know for sure but I agree things arenā€™t looking good.

I think we can agree that one of the biggest issues plaguing this game is that there arenā€™t many features which arenā€™t cash grabs. You can throw cash and quench the progress satisfaction for a bit. Although returns donā€™t seem that great tbh.

Thatā€™s what I have been doing since January. First I stopped buying those challenge event $1 offers after Valhalla copied Atlantis offer model. Further I stopped spending on VIP and Iā€™m likely to go down to F2P route. Not that I canā€™t afford it, itā€™s just that all of this is getting really old.

I kinda disagree with this one because a good business gets profits by providing a service. Higher the quality of service, better profits you get. And sometimes you get that without converting everything into a cash grab. Some of the successful models that actually implement this well -

• Movie theaters - cost of a cinema experience is standard in a geo-region and designed to be accessible. Nowadays there are more subscription models that further increase cinema accessibility. One of the key reasons for this being possible is that movie tickets have very low margins and their main goal is to get people in to theaters and profit of popcorn/drinks/merch etc from people who can afford it and doesnā€™t touch core movie experience. Certain sporting events, concerts, amusement parks have succeeded immensely with this model.
  • Video game companies - If you look at financials of hardware itself (viz manufacturing, marketing, supply chain, sales etc)ā€¦most of the companies cut to close or even make a loss when selling consoles. However that works out fine because they recover via game sales and publishing.
  • Multiplayer games - There are many examples of multiplayer games which are purely FTP but earn billions of $s in cash from cosmetic items alone (which have no effect on match outcome)
  • Smart devices - There are so many companies who during promo have given smart assistant devices, streaming devices, cellphones at manufacturing cost just so they can rope you into their own ecosystem.

I can spend whole day discussing this but there are better models for revenue and profitability in which both company and customers form a symbiotic relationship. Not every area has to be a cash grab.

2 Likes

Not everybody have same problem.
Work smart not hard.
I donā€™t ascend my 3/70 5* without proper synergy with my teams.
My problem is lack of options. Game goes more and more p2w every single day. And as a c2p ı have too many mats on waiting for some worthy heroes that ı canā€™t probably never get. Donā€™t get me wrong i donā€™t even say kinda old Hotm, ı am saying atlantis heroes(which i canā€™t do summons for free anymore) or event heroes

I cast lots 15 times in the legend tavern and only got 3x 4 * the others were 3 *.
Amy Macdonald sing about this ā€œthis is the lifeā€
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRYvuS9OxdA

I have your opinion too. The reward sistem is poor for the amount of hours needed to play.

3 Likes

It isnā€™t correct. Previous pulls do not influence the next one. The odds are always the same every pull. Math has no pity counter, and the ā€œequalizing pullsā€ could just as easily be someone elseā€™s as yours.

You could be ā€œunluckyā€ and go 1000 pulls or more with all 3*'s.

4 Likes