šŸ˜² Is it me? or people started to quit the game / become m.i.a.? #1

This was reduced due to an increase of stages in the monthly challenge Events.

2 Likes

Itā€™s pretty easy to see that that was real reason, but why claim they did it because some player(s?) said three days is enough? I just donā€™t get it.

1 Like

I would prefer less levels in Challenge Events and more days for Atlantis. More Level for events, means more items spent; less days in Atlantis, less resources gained for those items :man_shrugging:

1 Like

I would also add that having so many new buildings would give the need to redesign your castle and give u more spaceā€¦but why spending time on this? Just switch an existing building u might want to keep.

I am enjoying the game less just for the fact that there are many quality of life easy changes that didnā€™t happen for over a year now, luck of communication for sg (it can be basic communication like visions or expectations).
Communication is key for improvement, other games i play had more communication even.

V30 balance update was a very good/needed step and would like to see it more often but the lack of response on some decisions like titanium shield, Khan and horghall and few potentially missed heros is disheartening.

Buffing weak/underwhelming heroes especially the original heros will make everyone happy and especially f2p players will feel more relevant.

You wonā€™t lose players if they know the game is going to the right direction and no hero is useless or heavily underperforming.

I am sure now especially all Margaret, kong and atomos owners are very happy with the update for not getting a very underwhelming hero anymore.

Other heros need the same treatment.

The game is over 3 years old now. Old nerfs and good heroes wonā€™t be a problem now event if they got back to their original state (zeline, ares, alberich and even guinevere). My point is: More small buffs especially to s1 heroes.

So why not buy the items u need? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:ā€¦see the point?

I have been hesitant in posting, however the more I read the more dismayed I feel.

For those that donā€™t know me, Iā€™ve been playing for 2yrs. Started out in a small allianceā€¦joined a top 100 alliance and now back to a smallish alliance.

Back in the early days I played pretty much every spare second I had. Fast forward to today and I only go on to fill chests (still do these twice daily), complete special quests, war, titan - all probably equates to 3hrs in total.

Currently am Lvl 81 and have only recently ascended my 40th 5*. Once upon a time I spent vast amounts of money, now I spend very little.

I once was a ā€œregularā€ forum poster/reader; took a break as it was becoming time consuming. Only recently started ā€œlurkingā€ behind the scenes in the last couple of weeks.

And, OMG, what a can of worms (understatement of the year) was unfolding- yes, the ā€œNerfā€.

In amongst all the ā€œTo Nerf or Not To Nerfā€, ā€œOMG You Nerfed Her/Him/It/Themā€ to alot of posts asking/pleading for SG to look at ā€œfixing/re-balancingā€ the current model as it stands.

I am dismayed because this game has so much potential for new and veteran players of all ages.

The amount of new content available to us now is great; yes more of a grind but thereā€™s something to do every week. Now would be an ideal time for SG to take a step back and iron out the kinks, etc. @RandaPanduh post would be a good starting point.

But I know that they will just keep rolling out new content, whilst the rant/vent/quit threads keep accumulating and more players quit.

There is still a piece of me that hopes SG will take what is said here, and in the multitude of other threads, on board and do something about retaining their current player base.

18 Likes

Find me! :slight_smile:
20foryou

2 Likes

The problem with a harder POV was that many people complained the 1st POV was too difficult and people who bought the valour pass couldnā€™t realistically get the 4* mat.

Since the nerf, my motivation in the game highly decreased. Itā€™s the same with other teammates of my alliance.

I will start by saying that E&P is the most, actually, the ONLY successful game from small giant. There are many knock off games and even SG has tried to come up with another version of the game featuring modern era. All these knock offs are such a failure when comparing to E&P. If this game ever falls, you can start seeing retrenchment and SG going under, and it is not likely they can come up with another one hit wonder. After all, this is just another match 3 game.
But all the recent updates from this games gave me the feeling they are more interested in getting the most amount of money in the shortest time, without giving due to try to make this game last as long as possible by listening to itā€™s players. Now all new features are money grab, and screen is littered with ā€˜hot dealsā€™ nearly every day. Hunterā€™s lodge has very little use beyond harpoon. We now have alchemy lab most people will not use, and the one in beta now looks even worse. Hero acedemy looks like it is going to be another fancy building with poor returns. And why do all new buildings need gems to use? Emblems looks like another pain in the ā– ā– ā– , why do you need a reset token and vast amount of food and iron to move emblems around???
New players actually have it harder than old timers. With limited heroes, new players are never going to complete 90% of the content. I remember the time when a team of well constructed 4* can still complete the legendary event, not sure about now. FTP is never going to be competitive like 2-3 years ago with just vanilla heroes. I have even seen players with more than 35 fully levelled 5* but half of their legendary squad are vanilla heroes feeling more and more irrelevant as time pass. This is a slap in the face for both your pioneer and new players.
Nerf without proper compensation is another thing that stinks.
The balancing of heroes are a joke. The nerf are severe but the buff are mostly stingy. New heroes released are still not balanced.
Latest tarven feature looks like SG is eager to experiment how much more can they get players to pay with diminishing odds of getting a non-classic 5*.
All these are stinks of greed without respecting the player base.

8 Likes

I can understand that. Itā€™s part of our competitive nature to want to complete everything. I get stressed by choosing not to complete the basic quests like ā€œFind Battle Itemsā€.

all warriors know what we need a fair game ā€¦ not a game for those with money ā€¦ best gym heroes.because the best warriors in the game cannot be the ones who spend fortunes ā€¦

Yes exactly, you are true

1 Like

42v1a3

4 Likes

I wish I know.

1 Like

I think I see where the misunderstanding came from.

Forum feedback: ā€œAtlantis keeps starting in the middle of the week when Iā€™m busy. Canā€™t they move it to the end of the week or something instead of just starting on a random day?ā€

SG: ā€œWish granted.ā€ LOL

6 Likes

Thx rigs. Im busy at there. :kissing_smiling_eyes:

This I agree with. They had the chance to make Season 2 and Season 3 complementary to Season 1 but instead made them expensive bonuses.

3 Likes

This!!! Most longtime players who are frustrated stay because of their alliance. I do internal competitions and my team frequently says that itā€™s what makes our alliance so fun.

This kind of change would improve player engagement. But SG? You donā€™t have a year to respond to this. A change needs to be a priority now.

We all want this game to stick around, to be relevant, and to continue being profitable. The path youā€™re on now doesnā€™t lead there. Loosen the grip on mats, change the probabilities in our favour by a tick, release content that is more beneficial to the player than to your profit sheet (kudos on POV).

I started spending, and continued to do so because I didnā€™t feel like you were a greedy company. The more examples that you give to the contrary, the more firmly I shut my wallet. Iā€™m certain that others feel the same way. I know of at least 28 other players who do.

3 Likes