šŸ˜± Is it me or alliances started to lose more and more players and can't regroup? #2

SG could create a QOL adjustment for Alliance leaders called ā€œmerge alliancesā€

1. Merge button available for leaders, checks numbers and approves if all can combine.
  2. Sends message to both merge alliances, both leaders have to accept. The initiator alliance keeps the alliance name and settings, war history, etc.
  3. Voila!

But SG and QOL are seldom in the same sentence, no matter how logical and relatively easy it would be.

8 Likes

Liked it for you brother. :pirate_flag:

4 Likes

he didnā€™t ask me for it, but liked it for @rigs that you liked it for him :wink: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

My take on this, is that things have definitely changed with regards to recruitment and alliances over the last 12 months. When I started the game I was advised to join a training alliance and then I moved to an established alliance. Unfortunately that alliance broke down as people left the game and it became increasingly difficult to recruit active members.
In my honest opinion, itā€™s too easy to create an alliance. So perhaps itā€™s better to make it more difficult by say requiring a minimum number of base players to start with.
Additionally, I think if your alliance falls below a base Minimum figure of members, you should be directed to merge within a set period of time.
There should also be four types of alliance, one for those that opt into war on a permanent basis for the majority of the time and another type of alliance for those that want to opt out. A third alliance for anyone wanting a quiet home / retirement home and finally a training alliance.
And SG should be able to scan for redundant alliances and delete these. But you would probably need to change the Terms and Conditions.

1 Like

Itā€™s the weirdest thing when you look.

Iā€™ve found totally dead 30 man full alliances with all the members inactive for over 900 days bar 1 and they are there still playing on their own. Itā€™s really baffling.

Why would you sit in the decaying ashes of a dead alliance just playing on your own??

9 Likes

Thatā€™s unfortunate, you really wonā€™t be getting the best out of the game playing on your lonesome checkout the Alliance Recruitment Thread here in the forum , I have a buddy who has an Alliance there up and comers check them out , there called
Thunder Storm reach out on line app to Maddogp or Pgpanda8008, Good luck

1 Like

Probably the best part of the game for me is my alliance. Itā€™s the people. Just the people alone make it great and super entertaining logging in every day.

Yes, Telluria is ruining the game. But I blame the players, we all spent to get her, and everyone was butt hurt when she was getting nerfed. We put SG in a lose-lose situation, no matter what they did it was the wrong answer. Question is, when will Telluria go out of style so that we can get some variety?

Someone said that once you get level 90 and get all your heroes, there is nothing to do. You could argue thatā€™s one of the best things about the game, that you CAN play it casually some days, you donā€™t need to spend, you donā€™t need to be logged in for 4 hours per day to enjoy the game and your alliance. I guess if you canā€™t take time off to enjoy real life or get work done, yeah itā€™s a problem and you should find another game to fill that time in your life.

3 Likes

Yeah we did a merge thang some people come to our alliance and our other alliance. Letā€™s just say it didnā€™t go to well lasted about 4 days till people left, by a week rest of the people left from the merge. So we lost 10 from the merge also 5 players who had been there a while.
DONā€™T merge with people as people have egos and canā€™t sort simple stuff out.
My alliance had people go to our other alliance we down to 20. Trying to get new folk is a pain :frowning:

3 Likes

Looks like velluria keeps killing the gameā€¦ and SG didnā€™t provide a proper counter . noor, Zooc and the pathetic panda ā€¦ what are they thinking ?

Maybe Velluria owns stock :grin:

So many people barking at the wrong three here, for month, about the way Telluria is killing the gameā€¦ SG signed the beginning of the end for E&P when they released the most OP hero ever seen in E&P historyā€¦

1 Like

One of the problems with merging is I see requests for mergers every day on the FB groups. But almost every single one are asking for another alliance to come merge with them.

Everyone thinks their alliance is the best and therefore should be in charge. If this was true, why canā€™t they fill their ranks? :woman_facepalming: If more weā€™re willing to put aside their pride and join another alliance we might see more mergers.

Thatā€™s not to say that all mergers go perfectly. Iā€™ve heard the horror stories. The one I was a part of went as perfect as anyone could hope. Most of the players are still a part of our alliance, the rest have stepped away from the game or are in a smaller alliance we created for those that needed a place to chill when life got too busy.

As for recruiting, I donā€™t see the need to HAVE to be at 30/30. Yeah, you take down bigger titansā€¦ I get that. But weā€™ve always taken quality over quantity. Weā€™d rather sit at 24 members and wait for the right players than do hardcore recruiting. I comb through the recruiting posts and only post on those that I think would actually fit our group. Iā€™ve skipped over many with massive rosters just because I didnā€™t think they were going in the same direction. Even with that weā€™re at 28 members. Weā€™ll probably never hit top 100 but weā€™re happy :slightly_smiling_face:

14 Likes

I am less than a year old, but I have already abandoned the alliance, I am tired of spending six months or more waiting for accession items to maximize a single 5 * hero. This is extremely tiring and demotivating.
Iā€™ve already spent U $ 800.00 a month, today I barely play and I donā€™t even spend U $ 5.00

1 Like

This guy has a full alliance.

Maybe he can share what his recruitment tactic is? :laughing:

9 Likes

Thatā€™s one of the most terrifying rosters one could come across.

5 Likes

Maybe itā€™s better to not mention i was saying exactly the same thing in another thread but none seems to agree :roll_eyes:

Life is strange.

The hard part with mergers is making sure that both sides can keep their egos in check. A good way to do that is to be crystal clear on expectations from the outset. Kind of like relationships if you just jump in with neither side being clear about what their long-term goals and deal-breakers are just because it is convenient, youā€™re almost certainly doomed to failure. Also like relationships you have to be willing to bend a little bit from what you may consider perfect because at the end of the day the person or alliance you are paired up with are individual human beings with their own lives, not just automatons to be commanded simply because theyā€™re paired with you.

5 Likes

Thatā€™s true for sure. Iā€™ve helped with a few merges in the past. Definitely give & take on both sides.

3 Likes

With us we have two alliances we helped the alliance that come in so they could be together.
Moving others from one to another to sweet the deal. Aswell as two people go to there other alliance that is allocated with the two aswell.
Ego got in the way plain and simple we have two alliances to join you have 10 people we acomadiate for you and we get the rug pulled out. Itā€™s f up both our alliances.
IF you join a alliance you respect there rules and conditions simple.

3 Likes

I think this exactly is what made ours go so well. We actually werenā€™t in the market for a merger but the other alliance had decided they were and also WHY they were (bigger titans, more loot, tired of recruiting, etc.). We didnā€™t have an ego thinking we were awesome enough that everyone needed us and theyā€™d already come to the decision a change was needed.

They also did their own pre-work and read recruiting posts until they found one that matched an alliance vibe and rules they were looking for. Only then did they approach someone (Us, thankfully!) for a merger. We set up a Line chat and discussed anything from titan/war expectations to ā€˜Are politics acceptable points of chat?ā€™ (Umā€¦noā€¦).

Mergers can work, but agreedā€¦ those egos have to be kicked out the door by both sides. If anyone lets theirs in it will definitely go sideways :worried:

4 Likes