Is it better to go for B or C loot for Titan? Aka don't push too hard? Weird

I’m not sure why it’s so hard to understand this - One person gets the top loot tier, which probably gets them one more roll or chance at a rare item. Say that person gets 4 rolls instead of the 3 that the mid tier gets. There are then 4 rolls at the top tier and 6 (or something) X 3 rolls in the mid tier, which means 18 chances. So it’s far more likely that one person (out of the 6) in the mid tier gets a rare item than the one in the top tier. If you are looking at individual odds, the top person has a better chance than any one person in the mid tier, but a worse chance than all of those mid tier people combined. I’m not sure this is the exact setup, but it’s got to be something close.

3 Likes

Exactly. This was argued out a year ago, and here we go again.

Resume of how Titan loot works – Tiers, Scores, theories - #26 by Arien

2 Likes

I would abandon your alliance immediately, selfishly

I always go for an a you get the best loot

Each titan grade gets one loot tier higher than the one below it…and the odds of getting good loot one tier higher are increased, but apparently not very much*** so you don’t really see a big difference there.

*** Tier IX has 3 ascension item slots, while Tier VIII (and below) has only 2 ascension item slots, so the (low, and unpublished) chances of getting a 3* or 4* mat go up by at least 50% there, since you get one more roll. That’s why I’m so happy that my alliance is now killing 8* titans. Tier IX for B grades.

Is there an invisible difference between A+/A/B/C grades killing titans in addition to the clearly visible loot tier difference? I can’t prove anything, but I really doubt it.

Seriously, folks, if you’ve been playing this game for a while, you ought to be used to the fact that loot rolls, hero summons, and every thing else is highly variable, and there will be times when somebody else has much better luck than you do.

There will also be times when you have the good luck…that reminds me of a story…

Last week, my alliance was hanging around chatting and the titan was nearly dead (but with plenty of time left). We were all out of flags, and there was a bit of joking about whether somebody would be kicking somebody else out of first place. I was THAT close to leveling, planning to do it on the next titan, and changed my mind. Took a world energy flask, loot-ticketed 23-9, leveled up, and took three more hits at the titan, and moved up to top damage. (And the difference between me and #2 was more than the remaining hitpoints left!)

So I got A+ loot. Hidden Blade, Warm Cape, and Orb of Magic.

Apparently the curse of A+ doesn’t do everybody in every time!

You know what they say… it’s always better the second time around! :wink:

Actually it appears that the C rating is king in our Alliance.

My main point is that based on MY experience of finishing A+ or A (over several months) it simply isn’t with the additional mats or effort. They don’t call it the A+ curse for nothing.

Heh…I got yelled at last time. Maybe this time I’ll be given a puppy… :grin:

1 Like

For shame! Who would ever yell at sweet Rook! I can’t imagine! I will happily thrash anyone (male) who would do so!

Or perhaps a Wyvern? :wink:

1 Like

I fully agree that it is not worth expending excessive items just to move up a loot tier. The benefits are not worth the cost.

I’m only saying I see no reason to believe that the benefits are negative :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have to agree with respect to (wrt) loot when getting A or A+. The Ascension Items in loot seems statistically lower with a better ‘grade’.

Seems like a bug, at least a customer experience bug, especially since it is being discussed within the alliance now, and saw the thread from a year ago. It would be easy for someone from the Product Development team to share what they can about whether different algorithms are used and if so in what manner.

And if the ‘workaround’ is to simply shoot for a ‘B’ ‘C’ or ‘D’ grade, perhaps that can be sent in a notice to the members playing the game, so no one wwill shoot for an A… seems counterproductive the way it works now, And it is my belief that customer experience is in some cases better than pure logic - ‘aka’ classic statistics. Seems the ‘Tier.Results’ + ‘Level.Results(V,Vi,VII)’ + ‘Review.Evaluate.Player.TeammateCollection.Value’ ++ history of what the game has dealt Players. This approach would allow for classic stats, and also provide a weighting system of valuable ascension items many players hope for when they use strategy to have the strongest team of the characters they have built-up, and/or using Titan Vials to achieve Victory for they and the team they are allied with.

Thank you
G

The only thing that REALLY matters is what loot tier you fall in. Grades matter only in that they are a factor (a modifier +3,+2,+1, 0 corresponding to A+, A, B, C) in determining loot tier, which is figured by adding this modifier to the titan * level. ALWAYS shoot for loot tier IX, this gives 3 ‘rolls’ for ascension mats, instead of 2 (tier VIII and below)

1 Like

How many rolls are for X, XI, XII, XIII tiers ?

20 characters of 3 AM rolls

The loot seems the best with B. I thing SG should investigate this.

1 Like

A+, A, B, C are only representative of the tiers of said loot. You always want to aim for tier IX or higher as it is the breakpoint for 3 mat rolls. That would be B on an 8 star A on a 7 star or C on a 9 star.

1 Like

I’m not sure why this keeps coming up time and again. There seems to be more ascension materials in the lower loot tiers because there are more people in those loot tiers. Your individual chance of getting good loot is the best at the top of the tiers. There is no bug, no conspiracy, and no playing the system.

There is one person that gets the A+ score and many others that get the B/C score. The odds are better that someone in the B/C range gets a rare item over the A+ person. However, if there are 10 people in that range, your individual chance of being that person is very low.

4 Likes

I think it’s like @Luiz says, 3 ‘rolls’.

My perception is the same. With A or A+ I consistently get crap to show for it. B or C sometimes even gets me two ascension mats (9-10* titans).

A+ has always been cursed.
I get the best loot in B.

And since I retired from playing intensively and moved to a comfortable - not top 100 - alliance, I no longer have to mess with the item-expensive 12* titans, which are complete nonsense anyway, to my mind: more effort, more items for the same measly rewards. Uhm, hello?

Now I happily sit in B, using axes and arrows, mana and small antidotes. No stress, no bother, same rewards. And no farming day in, day out to collect ingredients to make items to survive fighting a titan that will give the same rewards as one that can be fought comfortably with axes and arrows.

Makes perfect sense, doesn’t it? :wink:

Oh, about the argument that there are more people in B than in A or A+:

Yes, that fact is true. However, it does not invalidate the own, personal experience of players who have been in A+ and A often. I have experienced the same. Which was a clear sign to me to stop this useless behavior. Never mind epeen size that will last just a fleeting moment. ROI is important. Those results will last. Titan epeen does not. That next titan will start soon. Rinse and repeat? For how long? And why exactly, if the rewards are not worth the effort?

Been there. Done that.
Thought about it.
Stopped.

Edit:
all you ever need is loot tier 9.

1 Like