Unless the game was specifically designed to give preference to the lower tiers (seems unlikely, especially since the devs have publicly stated the opposite) then either we are fooled by a mis-perception of the results, or there is a bug.
There are only 2 ways to constructively address this:
- Report to the devs that B/C tier loot is better than A/A+ loot.
Pros: Easy, fast
Cons: You have to trust the devs’ word when they tell you that the game is working as designed and that you are selectively reporting results. (read ‘crazy’ & ‘complaining’)
- Conduct a study (hypothesis, data collection operation, analysis) to investigate
Pros: Provide 1st hand evidence of the problem (No need to trust SG). Provide specific knowledge of not only the fact that loot is better at those lower tiers, but by how much.
Cons: Time consuming (would need a very large data set), Difficult (Would need to ensure as much as possible the random collection of data, would need to clearly define the intentions)
Or you can simply choose to continue to provide anecdotal evidence which is inherently biased and which I’m sure you can agree can easily be countered by equally convincing anecdotal evidence showing the opposite is the case (you know , like, “gee, I just got a tonic in my A+ loot, guess that means you’re wrong.”)
I think it is extremely likely that the difference between the tiers is fairly low. It is certainly the case that there are a significantly larger number of B/C shares than A/A+ shares. So for example (and this is a spitball, I don’t have any knowledge or drop rates) Let’s say There is a 5% chance of ascension item drop for a C rank on a 10* titan, a 6% chance for B, 7% for A, 8% for A+.
There are ~25 B/C loot shares. It is almost certain that someone (and likely at least 2 people) in this group will get lucky. BUT there’s only an 8% chance that the A+ guy gets anything. This means a whopping 92% of the time, the A+ guy gets nothing and says. ‘What the…?! you got a B/C and got an item? Unfair!’
These numbers are totally made up, it could actually be far worse. The closer the tiers are in probabilities, the more likely the above scenario is. BUT it does NOT mean that player in lower tiers have a higher likelihood of getting lucky. Just that there are more of them.
Hope this helps. If not, I really hope to see a major data collection effort undertaken by someone who wants to prove that the rates are in fact lower for higher loot tiers.