Is it about the players it the$$$

Yeah I got a Delilah and she is a beast… Thank you for the feed back

As people have said it’s useful for AW to keep 4* dupes and thats about it.

One of the frustrations of any card collecting game is getting duplicates. What’s lacking compared to physical cards is a swap mechanic, and the joy of swapping ). That might be interesting but unbalanced in this world ( not advocating donating or selling heros to other players, but some kind of swap meet room might be nice).

Otherwise an option to cash in duplicates of 4* and above for gems might be nice (4*=200 5* = 400?).

I’d much rather have another roll than feed to another 4*

Edited to add - Other games attach a unique attribute to some items , meaning you can have only one, I think that might be helpful in the case of hotm , and possibly event heros. Not sure of the benefit exactly except to reduce frustration amongst players who never even get one hotm :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m thinking about how to spend my money (and gems) for best value in the game.

As @Pyros said, speeding training and building is just a waste; I figured that out myself…but speeding chests is a different question, and harder for me to figure out.

WW, you’ve been here long enough to figure out what is a good value for you, and I’m curious about the value you find in it.

I’m still early/mid development in the game, and still have big gaps in my hero roster (i.e. only one >3* in each of blue and yellow), and keep my spending light (under $50/month, perhaps way under that).

I’m saving my gems for the next time I can afford my next (single) 10-pack epic or event summon, and I can see that its value FOR ME, where I am in the game is far better than its value would be for you where you are in the game.

What is the value (and net gem cost) of accelerating chests and buying world energy?

Does it work well only for more developed players or bigger gem spenders than me?

accelerating chests brings more elemental chests which brings more ascension items.

more world energy is useful at any stage mid level or higher, where you are both leveling heroes and starting to craft mid and high level items. lower level players should save to build their hero roster.

When you have all the 4s, chasing event 5s is literally the worst value you can buy. You have a 0.14% chance (give it take a bit, but it’s under 0.2 %.) to get a specific event 5 on a single roll. if there’s not a must have HOTM, i’ll do a few 10x for events, but no more unless there’s event 4s that i need/want, and that won’t hsppen for me until a new event is run).

another end game higher value spend is 10x epic troop summons. th food cost is so high that even if you have all the 4 star troops you need the 3 star feeders are very welcome. once you have all h heroes and waiting on ascension mats, leveling troops adds to all your teams power (maps quests defense events AW).

1 Like

(isn’t there a tiny chance of an ascension item in a regular chest too?, making it a 1% better than that :wink:)

OK, that makes sense. Plus chests have gems in them, so the net cost is a bit lower. If I’ve got the flags to fill a chest, spend gems so my farming does it.

I’m soooooo far from that point; I don’t even have one yellow 4* yet (Got Deliliah instead; I’m NOT complaining :grin:) I’m thinking that my best value for gems right now (besides accelerating chests) would be saving up and doing a 10-pack (or two if I’ve really saved up) during an event…as the event heroes will be (ultimately) harder for me to collect than the regular ones, which are always available, and come out of a TC20 when I finally get there in a month or three…

Maybe even Pirates in May, which A) seems to have less exciting heroes than Guardians or Knights, and B) Is the exact opposite of what I want to fill the holes in my current roster…I’ve got extra green and purple, enough red, and a pending shortage in yellow and blue…

As Dante pointed out, you’ll have better chances at receiving ascension mats sooner when you skip chests. Don’t worry about whether you need the ascension mats or not, you will at some point. Consider buying the VIP pass which will give you the second builder and 30 gems a day. Use these gems to skip the wait times. I would be happy to get into more details as to how you can maximize your gems to fill chests, get the most recruits for training your heroes to buil a solid core roster. Contact me via the app ‘Line’. I go by wormwood9

1 Like

As long as people keep spending, nothing will change. Do you honestly think SG cares about its players? Absolutely not! They want our money, period! They built this game to soak money from people. Ridiculously low chances of loot and heroes, always being matched up with higher level teams for raiding and alliance wars, supposedly random boards that always seem to be random in the worst way, all part of the scam. Why do you think they won’t reveal the drop rates of anything? Because nobody would spend money if they knew just how far over the barrel they bend you. This is a decently fun waste of time but I would never spend a dime on it, I highly recommend doing the same.

FGO has heroes with 0.7% rate, and people still spend a lot. You don’t need to spend on this game.

Training camp 20 is a rip off! And the disgruntled spending has nothing to do with over or underspending your budget. It’s about getting your MONEY’S WORTH!! The new AW is absolutely worse. Developers are NOT listening to the customers and are about to break the camel’s back. My opinion

TC20 is free. It’s a bit hard to get ripped off by it when you don’t need to pay money to get it.

9 Likes