Is ignorance bliss? Or put another way is knowing everything a hindrance?

Well in the current no heal tournament my Telluria/Vela defence is A rated and undefeated so far…so considering the healing was the bit people were most upset with on tests. So I’d say it’s not that bad still if a red allowed tournament with no healing allowed and it’s still winning…

But I really don’t want this to become another thread specifically about that. It was genuinely a musing on whether having too much knowledge can actually be a bad thing.

Oh gods I hope not! I’m not management material thankfully. I have an annoying habit of saying what I think rather than saying what people want to hear :joy::joy:

1 Like

I may have become too specific there but my meaning was that the majority of the non-forum player base that play in ignorance of impending game changes will at best notice a minor change in their game as opposed to a sudden total shift in the meta like when Telly made her initial appearance. So ignorance can be bliss as you don’t get all worked up about these changes. Sudden changes happen and you just go with the flow.

Whereas people who do know tend to get overworked about the changes to the point where they ragequit over them.

@nevarmaor Yes you are right. My main love is Warhammer 40k and This is a little lovers tiff compared to some of the ragestorms we’ve had over the years :joy:

But perspective is everything and if there’s one thing some people seem to be missing it’s a sense of perspective.

Hmm…there’s an interesting topic for future musing. I’ll save it for my next night in on the beers…so probably soon :woozy_face:

So…

V30 rolled out. None of them really noticed bar someone happy MoK-Arr got better.

They’ve just carried on playing like nothing has happened.

Funny old world.

1 Like

Thanks all for this refreshing look. I agree that most players don’t keep up with the forum. It’s refreshing to know that most players do enjoy the game and play for the fun of it!

There are a couple linear factors:

The more Time you invest
the more emotion you develop

The more money you invest
The much more emotion you develop!

And we cuddle with like minds :smirk:

So if it’s laid back, missed the titan who cares-
Then the emotional response will reciprocate
chill vibes and more lofty conversation

Folks striving upward… usually wind up moving on from such alliances
in search of more rewarding, non stop
14* titan slaying, rules galore, get the line app,
5* emblems only, show your roster, data tracking, specific hit times, specific lineups, sometimes even specific pins, more rules galore for war, WHAT ARE YOU DOING I SAID DON’T HIT THE SAME TARGET TWICE! kind of alliances

And those alliances do love to be
In the know!

1 Like

I’d say ignorance is only better if one is unable to temper expectations and accept failure and shortcomings.

Maybe this is more difficult if you invest funds into the game, but as a 100% F2P player, I’ve just come to accept some things:

1. I will not be able to pull most good heroes, ever. I will never have a perfect meta composition.
  2. I will inevitably lose some raid and war attacks, to either bad boards or strong defense.
  3. I will never top the charts in tourneys and challenge events, that is reserved for players with more time and/or money invested.

When this is truly accepted, it’s much easier to not be frustrated about changes or bad RNG. It takes time and patience, but you slowly build up a roster of 4* and 5* heroes that is, while unremarkable, entirely competitive and capable of conquering 100% of PvE content and, with good fortune, any war opponent (even the +20 GTVs).

I love getting sneak peeks of heroes to come and theorycrafting, even though I know I’ll likely never pull 99% of them. Same goes for any new upcoming content.

Some things, like Telly being broken on release, still rustled my jimmies due to the sheer abundance in game and sudden lack of variety - but that’s something you would encounter even if you stay unaware of what is going on behind the scenes.

So yeah, if you have realistic expectations, you can definitely participate in the behind-the-scenes discussions and know a lot about the current meta and future events, while still being able to have fun with what you actually have. You can even be competitive, just not the cream of the crop.

2 Likes