Is Gobbler relevant yet?

That’s why i said that my opinion is based on my Environment. On average there are less then 10 players below TP4700 so we compete with alliances in Top150 only. It might be the case that both can be useful if your environment is different then mine.

I am a fan of getting the best out of your roster based on what you have and what you face instead of what you don’t have. So @Tess_01 if those two do help you during war they are indeed relevant to you. I just would disagree that they are relevant in general. There will be a point in the game where you will notice that the majority of your 4* don’t see any playtime at all no matter if you have them all or not so they have to be A+ 4* like C-Rigard to still make it into your war teams. That is sad but what it means is you will have several 5* Heroes who will do a better job :slight_smile:

I will give more feedback to this when I tested gobbler on the 4700+ defenses.

I dont really get your point when you talk of “below average boards”, because:
If you come to such a board, it is very likely that you stand on a wall of minions. Mostly 2 or even 3 of them, each equal to 20% hitpoints.

So gobbler / gormekC will take away all minions and heal your team fully. That mostly is like a reset Button for the fight.
Yes, in such case all other 4 heroes in the defense will be about to fire, so on my team there will be 2 kingstons to compensate the incoming damage.

Yes, 4 stars are squishy but if you have your 9 tiles, they will be time winners for the fight.

Turn it the other way round:
Below average board and two minions on all enemies… most likely impossible to sniper any one of them out and much luck is needed to get enough tiles to fire up your snipers more than one or two times before all enemies fire off.

And yes, maybe when playing gobbler and gormek you should take teams with another Minion maker, such as krampus, uraeus, seshat, glenda. They are quite often seen in top defenses

Don’t have cgormek, don’t have gefjon, don’t have grimble or captain. This guy could give me a little boost at least in one of teams during minion war. Kills all minions and heals everyone? Yes, please.
I plan to level him and see how he does. “If you don’t have what you like…”

2 Likes

So the point here is how likely is it that a 4* with those stats will survive against fast defensive heroes with 900+ attack? How often will you manage the sweet comback with him and is this number enough to call him relevant in general?

Your scenario really depends on keeping him alive long enough which i think is only possible if you can get any defensive buff (hp, def+, minions) on him with 6-7 Tiles. Freya, Bera and Frost are propably the only ones who could manage to do that currently and loading those before defense goes off means you will likely not need a comeback anymore.

When i look at 4* i always look for consistancy and those comes through survivability. C-Rigard, C-Boldtusk, C-Tibs, Wilbur are prime examples while Proteus or C-Grimm simply are not sturdy enough anymore to bring that level of consistancy you need to get consistant results during wars.

Undead Horde though might be a scneario where they come close to their maximum potential.

4 Likes

Below average boards=less than 9 greens.
In that case your Kingstons are equally useless.

A little hat at least

5 Likes

I am in a top 100 (currently top 50) alliance and I still field plenty of my 4*s on a regular basis

• C Rigard
  • C Kiril
  • Kiril with C bonus
  • C Melendor
  • C Sabina
  • Wilbur
  • Proteus
  • Lady Wool
  • C BT
  • Tiburkiss
  • Gullinbursiti
  • Mist

C Sabina is 751 D/1214 H
Proteus is 702 D/1259 H
Tiburkiss is 756D/1282 H

Up until recently I was also using Colen and Sumle with Colen sititng at 607D and 1234H

Yes not having beefy stats makes them a bit more vulnerable vs those top defenses but I believe they are still entirely viable at this level - as are C Gormek and Gobbler. I think Gobbler is entirely underrated and a good option for those that don’t have the top tier minion counters (Grimble, Skadi) as he can do 1750ish damage on 1 layer of Freya/Bera miions, 3500 for 2 and 5250 for 3… plus the team heal. He would work very well as the first attacker in a heavy green stack

10 Likes

If you’ve been playing for over 2 years I’m going to assume you’ve got, what, 20 or so shields sitting around collecting dust? 4 years in I have 96 of them, so, sure. Why not, right?

Captain of Diamonds hit is like being slapped in the face with a Kleenex. If you’re staring down a war opponent with 4500+ across the board, he ain’t seeing the light of day, man.

4 Likes

Well, I’m not in a top alliance, so my last teams will be facing opponents in the 4000-4300 range. As his special says, he’s not in the team as the main damage dealer but as the off-color pest controller to get rid of the minion meat shields for the other attackers.

2 Likes

what this made me think…

6 Likes

Something is going seriously wrong? Because in in 26 months, I have gotten an entire, 38 whole shields (used 36 of them). SG should have never relocated the RNG to the Twilight Zone from Helsinki.

So basically we are not only on the same level of competition but also on the same side :slight_smile:

I assume you will have more then 50 4* maxed (i currently have over 80) and you use 12 of them, that is around 20%. So as i said the majority of your 4* doesn’t see play in wars :slight_smile:

I agree on the problem of survivability. But again i need to take the question the other way round:

How often will you manage the sweet comeback (agsinst 2 or 3 minion) without gobbler?
Without using grimble or noor or skadi in this certain scenario, we all agree that better minioneater heroes exist.

I have 43 maxed. I use a total of 14 I think including dupes and about 18 for vf wars

It’s weird…

I’m just over 2 years and that’s what I have now. I’ve used 96 of them levelling so in just over 2 years I’ve had 156 shields. I can’t recall ever buying them. Maybe got a few packaged in with other deals but all of those 3* mats drop from the game.

I did spend 8 months of that outside a proper alliance and got stuck at a mats wall and couldn’t complete things to get the mats to complete things… Joined a great alliance and things have progressed a little. Most of what I have I got started at around the one year mark.

1 Like

So back to the topic:
I use gobbler+19 to have one more or less stable minion controller.

The screenshots show:

1. He cleans 8 minions what is approx. 2000 damage (250 for each minion what is calculated very low and poorly)
  2. Additional 600 damage what is more or less useless
  3. Heals around 750 for all what is around 50% of all heroes health
  4. Saves a ton of incoming minion damage in the next rounds.

So is gobbler relevant yet? Yes.
No other hero in green would have saved the day. No frigg, no fogg, no heiler or anything would have resettet this fight.

Cleaning 15 minions, with about 300 health each would give gobbler and estimated “damage” of 4500 (! Absurd !) And would heal all for more than 1200 (! Absurd part 2 !)

18 Likes

Thanks everyone for all the thoughtful discussion. I don’t have a high success rate pulling the awesome heroes so I’ve always made the most of whatever I have.

My takeaway from this is Gobbler can be very useful if you can get him to 9 tiles. Either with a level 23 mana troop or level 11 mana troop + ~500 druid emblems

Did you win that fight? Because while I agree that Gobbler contributed a lot with that heal, you’re still not in a very good position in that second screen shot. Bera is about to get another set of minions, everybody is poisoned, and the board is not really a great spot. Dropping everybody’s attack with Kingston is about the best you’ve got. If you did win, consider me impressed.

1 Like