Is Gobbler just feeder?

We now seem to be running into a lot of blue centers in war and he’s part of my 4* 6th team - Him, Caed, Mel and usually two blues and that team has been extremely successful against 4k+ teams because even dead the tile damage form him and mel (and I put my attack trrops on him too - so his attack is over 1000 with emblems) can blow out a center easy and usually get most or all of the rest.

Pair him with CoD and some of his family and have a good anti-minion team.

The last will be first, if you think from behind. :upside_down_face:

No, not unless you already know everything that will happen with:

1. Hero Academy
  2. Skins
  3. Buffs that may happen in the future

Keep in mind that Gobbler has already been buffed, indicating that SGG is well aware of this problem. They are probably still aware, but are taking small incremental steps (much like they have with other heroes).

Bottom line, I’d keep at least one. Possibly two if you think you may need a duplicate to utilize some feature of the Hero Academy. As has often been said, storage space is cheap. It’s not like holding him compels you to level him. Wait and see what happens.

1 Like

Can you remind me what the buffs were? I just got him recently (like within the last 2-3 months) and nothing has happened since then so curious what they buffed beforehand.

I’m only aware of one buff:

Pre buff Gobbler: deal damage, then eat minions

Buffed Gobbler: eat all minions, then deal damage

The effect is that he now heals his allies for more since he eats all available minions, and then he deals more effective damage, since there is no remaining minion shield for the damage component of his special. This suggestion was bandied about the forum as a logical tweak to his special before it was actually implemented.

Here’s a reference thread - it looks like I noticed it on January 15th of this year, so before you obtained them.

2 Likes

Thanks very much - I was thinking statistically, I wonder if this was visual or an actual change. I’ll have a read.

We’re seeing a great many more heroes with minions these days. Does this make Gobbler more viable then before?

I guess the answer is ‘no’. Simply because most of the heroes with minnion are 5 * and far ahead of him in d/h stats.
Unless Gobbler is buff to 600 def or 1300 health. He will never live long enough to cast his useful special.

Only keep one of him because is one of but a few offensive druids. He is vital for class quests that involve druids. If you have more than one, put him on the menu for whatever green needs feeding.

Short answer - No.
Seriously, he’s a hero which needs a buff more than any other - he dies with a hit from a wet towell and his special is to weak to compensate that.
For some time now I have 12 green heroes which I use for war and since my alliance fights mostly blue tanks in wars and I play a 3:2 system Gobbler, as a 12th in line green hero makes his way to my 4th attacking green team. It’s been around 10 wars with that scenario and only in the last one he lived long enough to fire his special.
And when he finally managed to do that the outcome is so underwelming it is ridiculous - he even ate a couple of Delila’s minions but damage he does and the amount of hp he heals with that is just to small. He either needs to be changed to fast or his damage and/or heal needs to be bigger.
For now, for me, he’s just that one smelly, strange kid in the playground who picks his nose and nobody wants to play with him unless there is really no other choice.

Even if his mana were buff, he has the def of a 3* at MAX stat, that needs serious buffing.

Him and Atomos are the 2 most potential having terrible heroes SG has ever made.

I pulled Grimble. Goodbye Gobbler. Yum yum.

Now that SGG cancelled 1* tournaments, Gobbler is almost as good as a 1* trainer.

1 Like

I have Gobbler, but really only so I can say I have every 4* in the game. Of all the 4*s, I have maxed all but 4. Boomer, Kash, Agwe and Gobbler.

Of those 4, Gobbler is the least useful for me. Mainly because there are no 4* minion heroes. Chances are you are using him against 5s and he is already at a disadvantage. Id rather bring another 5 or a better 4.

Ill keep him, but unless they update him or a wave of 4* minion heroes come out, he will be very hungry.

1 Like

Buddy has minions, but still Gobble won’t be able to stand against him lol
I keep my 1 gobbler just because I believe in keeping the original of each hero I get to have at least one. But he will never get leveled past where I initially leveled him to when I first started playing.

Ahh…how could I forget my favorite Buddy…thanks.

1 Like

his special is very bad but he has high tile damage so he’s useful when stacking…

Had stuck at 3/60 for ages doubt I’ll give mats too! Lagoon family is the only reason why he sticks around

Oh, that’s a nice combo. I’ll do that with my 3.60 Gormek once I have my dupe riposte heroes leveled up, but Gobbler would be a good addition to this grouping, as well.

1 Like

So far mine is still at 3/60

HOWEVER, I plan on maxing him out for the big ■■■ attack stat he has. In a good 4-Green stack I think he will be rather handy. Particularly with a strong healer like Melendor (better his costume which gives the attack Buff & Healing). Then chuck in Gaderius for a further attack buff and… well Gobbler can do some serious DoA…

3 Likes