Is fixing gravemaker on the agenda

For those who still believe that Gravemaker is better than Kage, why Zero would put the precious emblems to Kage instead of GM? I had hunderds raids on Kage + GM - Kage completely kills hero like Magni with one strike. Gm hardly tickels. 2 Kage activations - wipe 2 heroes - attacking capacity = to 40% GM 2 activations - attacking capacity 100%

Soā€¦ lets fix Kage then?

I donā€™t feel kage is anymore threatening than many other fast snipers like Alasie, joon, magni and Lianna. Heā€™s just a little faster and sometimes itā€™s funny to watch him unable to kill his target because 225%. If you find him hard to handle you will find many sniper hard to handle. Gravemaker is no fun, have you seen him paired with high level mana troop? He took out half health of 3 targets per shot.

And have you seen Kage equipped with fast mana army? I donā€™t get 50% health gone by GM - even on Magni. But back to the point - why would the best player Zero give his emblems to ā€œworseā€ Kage instead of GM. That would be complete nonsense, wouldnā€™t it? Kage should at least go to nerf to Fast mana if you suggest to nerf GM in that way. Still - VERY FAST dead of one of your 5* troop is imo much much worse than 30% of health down for 3.

Should we log another thread/proposal to nerf Kage? One more for Zeline and another one for Hel, one for Guin and one for Alasie, Yunan. Then the world would be balanced more. Or should we increase Thorne to do 512% damage to rather be able to fight these 7 monsters?

1 Like

There could be a variety of reason why he choose kage over GM. I Guess one big reason is guin as tank. Itā€™s better to pair purple flank than any other Color flank with guin.

That was intended more like a sarcasm, since to, my belief, nerfing of already released heroes is not the way to go and can heavily backlash for SG. Unless, of corse, there has been a huge mistake like in the case of Athena, when it may be justified. I completely agree that the old TC20 heroes needs to be buffer to make them if not in line then at least close to the level of usefulness of the premium heroes. Currently the only TC20 5* heroes which I would even consider leveling are the 5 fast snipers, Vivica and Isarnia. And maybe, just maybe, Azlar.

1 Like

Not sure if you looked at the picture well, but Kage is on the wing, not on the flank. But the point is - he has these 2 heroes in his team and he chose emblems to give to Kage instead. This clearly support my point that Kage is a better hero and should get the same treatment. Iā€™m not fun of nerfing but Kage should lose his very fast status should that happen to GM. Zeline should be Average and Hel slow. Again - not my preffered choice - i would rather buff the minion heroes like Thorne + another 25 heroes.

To me this could be because while both of them are top defending heroes in their respective color, the other red heroes works better with Guinevere than other purple ones and that he is looking forward to when emblems would do a difference.

But we can just ask him if we wantā€¦ @Xero786

1 Like

Ariel is going to be a great counter to Grave flanks and wings. Blue is strong vs. red, sheā€™s average and dispells, she also gets her ability off quicker with her mana gen buff.

I donā€™t believe Kage is better then GM, or that GM is better then Kage. I actually gave emblems to GM first, then used a reset emblem and gave them to Kage. This was mostly because there arenā€™t really better purple heroes then Kage on defense. Whereas I can use a few other red heroes who are not as good as GM but come close (Iā€™m concentrating on Mitsoku)

7 Likes

If you think about the Barbarian talent Bleed effect, you already note that GM has a way of applying that with his burn at a way better rate. Kage does notā€¦ so why not? It makes sense to give them to Kage and have passive damage coming both ways. 2 emblems isnā€™t really much of a drastic difference.

But thatā€™s just speculation. Honestly I have no idea who Zero is, I know a high level player but I mean I donā€™t personally know him. The only Zero I have met personally is the Smash Bros one, and heā€™s got some controversial opinions regarding those games competitively. Maybe this one does too? Or even if not, my point is, one player (even one very good one) doing something surprising, isnā€™t the only thing indicative of the meta. EDIT: I just read his response, so there it isā€¦ Regardless, doesnā€™t change my point.

Iā€™ve backed up my argument with this post already, which includes a link to TItan Mafiaā€™s reports of usage from multiple players (not just one!). The latest period in review from Titan Mafia (do a search for it, itā€™s on the main page) shows that, while his usage has settled down much more than previous periods, Gravemaker is still #1 in usage for defense, and itā€™s still pretty clear that heā€™s used often in offense due to how versatile his stats and skill are. Therefore still is the best hero in the game.

And once again. I must stress; Iā€™m not arguing about whether he should be nerfed or whatever. I am simply explaining why players often look towards GM: because he is the most used, and as Iā€™ve argued with facts, the best hero in the game. Whether heā€™s the best by a little bit or not, heā€™s still the best statistically when it comes to defense usage.

1 Like

Isnā€™t this entire thread a lot like complaining that half the teachers in our school system are below average? If you knock the number one hero down, there will just be another number one. If theyā€™re not all identical then we are complaining about a simple arithmetic fact.

Someone is always sniveling. Just put it down as they never pulled that hero so heā€™s broken. Add in your f2play or 2ctpay and ā€œyouā€™ll feel the rightā€ to snivel like a wounded dog. When doing all thisā€¦ do it in the name of protecting the masses against ā€œthe companyā€ and their deep pockets fighting the poor and oppressed financially people that seem to flock to this game( donā€™t ask where they got the iPhones and internet). You see itā€™s not that GM canā€™t be beatā€¦ heā€™s the symbol of everything wrong in this world and only the beta testers can change thisā€¦

1 Like

Iā€™m sayin the same thing. I have GM and it seems like he gets beat fairly easily

Congratulations.

GM will get stronger via costume.

Finally! Since red tanks like BK and Garnet are around, I really missing Gravy on defensesā€¦

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

If you find me in the raids someday, youā€™ll have the chance to fight against him and remember past times.:grin:

1 Like

I have GM, but also donā€™t have any issue facing GM. I have Zimkitha as well as Glenda, but could list many cleansers. GM is very easy to counter by just cleansing his damage and using blue tiles or snippers to take him out. Even a +19 GM is pretty squishy, so is not hard to kill. He usually is one of my first heroes to die on offense, so I see it on both sides. I really donā€™t understand why people struggle with him, he isnā€™t a concern like Black Knight, Odin or Frigg.

Do people that have an issue simply by not bringing a cleansing hero to the battles?

2 Likes

I do agree GM is a bit strong and not easy to beat when combo with Telly and Vela in the past. But he is not that strong now after Telly and Vela was hugely nerfed. Compared to GM, Black Knight, Odin and Frigg are more tough to beat.