Is Cyprian worth it?

I agree, huge nerf as part of a bug fix. Bench cyprian and maybe even the 5* as they just take too much damage to not have the death blow count. Boril with his tankiness has a bit more value.

Staff just said Riposte will be back to its original status on next update. Read what Petri says here:

1 Like

Um, pardon? This was my comment, not Petriā€™sā€¦

Petriā€™s comment was this:

PetriStaff

16h

Status update, we have decided to change the counterattack logic for killed heroes back in the upcoming update version 15.1. So dead heroes can still counterattack on the same turn they are killed.

1 Like

Sorry, failed to quote :sweat_smile:
I wanted to point the whole thread.

Just to note everyone. The unexpected hero for me was Cyprian when fighting in the top 100 today. I did not bring the usual 3 stack of Sartana/Rigard/Tibertus. I instead brought Sartana/Merlin/Cyprian. The results were unexpectedly good as I got to kill Guin and use riposte and charge up the enemy Zeline. This easily killed both Guin and Zeline. Merlin did his job but Cyprian was my hero of the day. Managed to win 8/10 battles against those with Guin and Zeline.

1 Like

@airhawk. Do you still use cypran in raids? How has your experience been?

I assume you only use him offensively or have you tried him on defense. Member of my alliance is a huge cypran fan and quite honestly he makes some good points. Hes done a lot using a kashrekk tank with cypran as flank, which covers some of cypranā€™s vulnerabilities.

1 Like

I use him for offense. Usually him in the middle flanked by Aeron/Gafar and Sartana. Look for targets with Guin as tank and flanked by an AOE hitter like Zeline. @RedKirby

3 Likes

Great for offense. @Airhawk is perfectly right. Amazing against 5* AOEā€™s, and though enough to withstand a direct hit from any 5* sniper, I might add. Last night I got to 2600 + cups (I usually hoover around 2200) using him flanked by Gormek and Colen, with Sabina and Kelile as wings. So, yes, I would say he is worth it, for those who need a push to get into platinum arena.

5 Likes

he is my favorite hero even he is just 4*ā€¦ my center on his side are two healer and to sniper at the backā€¦i dont have much hitter in my team but with his reposte he can be a great sniperā€¦

1 Like

Cyprian and boril worth it to the max. U can kill enemies far high power above u by using perfext riposte. U can kill zeline easily and other AoE by using cyprian.

For me he is and boril are essential. Worth it to the max

He is not a bad choice for raiding when an opponent with AOE attacks. Better than Boril in the sense that he has higher HP and lower defense which makes his Riposte more effective.

3 Likes

Cyprian against a Horde of AoEā€¦ You can call em the sucide squad due to him.

6 Likes

Tiffatron , Yes, that is a scary D team. I would not fight that team. I love my Cyprian. I have several purple 4s and I perfer him. Even my husband, whose main strike team is predominantly 5s, says he would never attack a team of 3 Cyprians. It is daunting. You are LUCKY! Keep the Cyprians.

2 Likes

I use him on raids. I lack choices in dark. He can ve very effective on offense.

It is however a very scary offensive strategy and obviously can backfire.

I think heā€™s fun and worth it.

2 Likes

He was one of my first maxed heroes and I still use him to this day, even when I have 5* dark. Itā€™s nice to see the opponent kill themselves off as I continue to heal and riposte :slight_smile: Thank you I will keep them all!

Cyprian has been buffed up since update 20.1.0 from 115% counter attack to 125% counter attack together with other fellow counter attack heroes, Elena and Boril.

Keep him and try to line up with Boril, Elena, Boss Wolf to make full panel counter attacking during your critical fight. You will see al great heroes killing themselves.

1 Like

Short answer- heck yeah.
Long answer- Really it depends on what you already have and how you play. I wouldnā€™t necessarily choose him as the first 4* dark to level. I raid at a high level, been global #1 on a few occasions. Cyprian is the anchor of my dark attack team. Half of the defenses I see have a yellow tank, usually Guin. So I can tell you that he will continue to be useful even once you get multiple 5* and are raiding the top 100.

I think Riposte works well against most titans, I donā€™t really see the argument for him being bad against them when heā€™s got that going. Except for the Rare ones, all titans have a wide area of attack skill. He does have mediocre tile damage for a 4 star though

What it comes down to is your roster. If you donā€™t have many purple heroes, then heā€™s not a bad choice for titans. If you are missing a 4 star paladin, then yeah heā€™s not bad either.

But if you have several maxed paladins, and have several 4* purple heroes (and maybe 5*s) then itā€™s hard to justify his usefulness.

Maybe cyprian is worth it.

Stupid question. I have a 3:60 Cyprian and he is (useless to me). I have seen his special work just twice and it sucked them dry, but how does he work? Clearly you activate the special, he takes hits and damage and if he doesnā€™t get killed that ā€œcounter attackā€ thing flashes at you a few times until the enemy kills him. What are you supposed to do with him? How are you supposed to counterattack? Hit your phone with a hammer?