Is costume Kashrek the new mega tank

Statwise i would give the No.1 Spot to C-Rigard and C-Kashh for defensive tanks . Brynhild would be an awesome Flank alongside an offensive 4* Tank though.

Something like Grimm, Brynhild, Colen or Sumle, Mist, Proteus

Agreed, got taken off the thread by urgent RL attention.

But frankly, I knew many veterans like yourself would spot the reason for my comment and as such, I couldn’t have explained it better than @Mr.Sabaton and @RandaPanduh.

Since this is all elements tourney, what I would have done, is replace one of the Grimms with a fast or average mana hit 3 Red like Scarlett or even Gormek, this would at least present a potential for hurting green stack.

Secondly Hansel being the tank color and in the corner, unless there is a terribly bad board, may end up not firing and if it does, just one target…by then C.Rig, C.Sonya all potentially fast would cleanse, my guess is, the trio center was to discourage red, but then it opens up avenue for green stack against squishy flanks and a weak wing.

So as already explained, one of the options to easily counter that defense given any decent board is green stack with dispels, C-Rig and 1 Red + other , even if the red should die, the tile would hurt Hansel and C- Kash eventually.

5 Likes

Hey, the intention was not to degrade your defense, but just to look at other possibilities of using C- Kash as a tank with other heroes that may provide better synergy. Imo tank becomes good or very good in the midst of the right combination of heroes that provide strong synergy.

2 Likes

I never use Kasshrek as real tank and I never have trouble against it so I am noob in term of using Kasshrek tank :joy:

1 Like

Well, Kashhrek was my tank for the greater part of my early playing times, then I replaced with Rigard and was surprised at the number of cups held overnight at that level…I guess many players have history with Kashhrek…
You are probably not a veteran with Kashhrek after all :blush:.

1 Like

Kashhrek was a preffered tank for most of the gold and lower platinum arena where upcoming gamers still trying to find their footing.
I’d rather pick a slow +10 Gullinbursti over a +20 Kashhrek costume anytime!

Well, it all boils down to this:

As I have mentioned, i have tried various defensive combos for him in the previous raid tourneys after immediately maxing the costume when i got it the first time his costume was introduced in the masquerade portal. And can the highly-esteemed @Mr.Sabaton and @RandaPanduh, or anyone for that matter, post videos of their raid tourney defense featuring costumed Kashhrek as tank, including videos of the defensive records so that the forum users will be able to determine if he really is a good tank. Thank you.

1 Like

Anchor only give C. Kasshrek B grade for Buff Booster, no detail about its positioning in buff booster though…

Depending on the rest of your team. It’s a wall but damage is very, very poor. And if the attacker can build a nice strategy or fire specials while you lack damage It won’t be very helpful.

Brutal in field aid wars as flank btw.

If that were possible to post a defense in action (although maybe you just meant logs)? I could post a couple where I was up against a fast Kash; I’m not too proud to say that I got eaten for breakfast a couple of times… It wasn’t pretty. :cry:

1 Like

Yeah. I meant the tourney defense logs. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

My first humiliation was field aid with a wing Rigard and flanking Kashhrek. It was a train wreck.

I think C kashrek is of course better, with the health boost. This is better than the original form of health recovery in my opinion if he is in tank position becoz:

1. After 4-5 rounds on defence, he fires his special (if he is not dead yet).

a) Original: Heals himself and 2 flanks. Chances are the flanks may not have sustained a lot of damages, so they may be back to full health.

b) Costume: Boosts 450 health. Given the flank status as above, there is a change their health is boosted to more than 100%.

To trade off, his fire resistance is reduced from 94% to 64%. BUT…

Most who fight against him will bring a dispeller, so regardless what is your fire resistance, chances are it will get dispelled.

If given a bad board scenario, and he fires a SECOND TIME, chances are himself and the flank will be much harder to kill since the flank’s health is boosted.

Of course at higher level, anyone with a decent 4-5 star mono red team is gonna kill him straight with 4-5 red tiles, so it doesn’t make any differences (unless you are referring to Telly which when emblemed has very high defence).

That is my opinion, not sure what do you guys think?

I think the same kash is nothing with decent boards

As far as I can remember, I have never lost to C.Kasshrek tank even in tournaments.

I’m ashamed to say that some new Kashhreks have handed me my butt.

My new fav mono green team is Abby, C. Krash, Telly, Kingston and Zeline. On offense is basically unkillable.

1 Like

Simply put NO. Kash is a tile sponge only providing health and elemental def isn’t enough for a tank to be viable with the available hero pool. Once people get their 5* heros special all full your whole team will be wiped.

1 Like

Nice setup…

I was use: Alby - Brynhild - LJ/Telly - Kingston - Caedmon/Caedmon.C
Kashhrek.C is in my queue project level, maybe I will try with:
Kingston - Brynhild - Alby - Kashhrek.C - Caedmon/Caedmon.C/Telly/Hansel
So then, Alby have more mana geberation from Brynhild and plus HP boost from Kashhrek.C.

not sure if to up my kashrek. it’s not even costumed but here seems to have conflicting thoughts if it’s good. can it hold its own if costumed & fully emblemed? or just costum for normal raiding or tournaments?