Is colen worth ascending?

I have Sartana, Melendor, Grimm, Cyperian, and Colen.

I just summoned Chao, and have long considered swapping Colen out if my lineup for one that has a fast mana speed.

That being said, I’m not sure if I should just keep ascending Colen (rank 2) or focus on leveling up Chao? I like the fast mana but it doesn’t seem he does as much damage as I would like. Or maybe I just got lucky pulling Sartana so early so I just am biased.

Any thoughts would be helpful. Thanks!

Bring them both to 3.60 using color matched feeder heroes, if you’re not doing that already. Without seeing your full bench, my vote is with Colen - he can really change the tide of a fight if his special goes off. Chao is underwhelming, IMO, but not useless.

Also, only level one color of each at a time, if you’re not doing that already as well.

2 Likes

Thank you!!

Question: Does the color of the feeders make that much of a difference?

1 Like

You’re welcome!

Same color feeders gives you more experience per sacrifice and also a greater chance of leveling the special attack. I typically use 1* feeders of the same color on 3* heroes until the special is maxed, then I’ll throw everything at them. With 4* and higher, I’ll do the same, but also use 2* feeders…unless their special isn’t leveling nicely. In that situation, I go back to using only 1* feeders of the same color. That might be a little too precautious, as 4*+ heroes tend to max their special easily enough, but my 3* heroes have scared me into that practice, haha

1 Like

Thank you!!

I just pulled Elena, and have the ascension materials for either fully maxing Colen (who I’ve been working on per your suggestion and have him to the third level) or getting Elena to a level 3 (shes at level 2 now.)

Would you say a fully maxed colen is better than having both at level 3?

Here are my two teams I’m really working on. I also have the material to fully max Grimm and have been working on that today.

Here’s the other

Some heroes are good, some suck, but most are okay.

4* heroes are the backbone of Empires.

Colen is a fighter class, same as Boldtusk, but Boldtusk helps others on the team ( for example versus an enemy Scarlett), while Colen is a solo red 4*.

Kelile and Scarlett are Rogue class, but Scarlett helps others on the team ( looking at you Wu Kong cascade squad ) while Kelile is a solo red 4*.

I intend to level Scarlett to Rogue 4*+19, Boldtusk to Fighter 4*+19, 2x Kelile 4* 3.60 and leave Colen at 4* 1.1 .

Wu Kong cascade squad
Leveling advice

[Play style] When to level your first rainbow 5* team based on Hero XP from training camps, team depth, team versatility, war, and upcoming class update- Updated with food costs

You might want to consider bringing one up if you’re planning on collecting some of those skills emblems for your heroes.

1 Like

Good point!!! I was leaning Colen anyway for my 4* challenge team. Thank you!