Is BT still top tier?

I which case there is nothing wrong with levelling a few 2 or 3 star troops a bit. It will take a while to get all the 4* troops (as you are finding) and in the meantime having those other troops levelled will assist you in competing and getting the rewards you need to progress

So if you like, training them up a little doesn’t seem like a bad call to me

Just counted, I have 34 3* troops lol. I think I remember getting 1 from a deal, so that’s 33 pulls with no 4*. I hope it makes up for it later.

$30-40 a month equates to about 3000 to 4000 gems using the 1c/gem conversion which seems pretty standard for deals (NEVER buy from the shop, but seems like you picked up on that very early on so good on you).

Depending on how comfortable you feel with your roster, it might be worth it to do one 10 pull and see if you get lucky. One 10 troop pull = 1600 gems, which if you spend $40 for 4000 gems, leaves just barely enough for another 10 summons (2600 gems) if you also have VIP.

Fwiw, all my 4* troops came from 10 pulls, and I honestly don’t think I’ve gotten a single 4* troop on any single pulls I’ve done with troop tokens. Maybe it’s coincidence maybe it’s not, you decide lol

1 Like

RNG can be very fickle. Two plus years playing and I still don’t have a green 4* mana troop. Four crits though. I waited almost a year for my first 4* red troop, in the meantime I leveled a 3* to use. I have never used a 10-pull on troops, only tokens.

As for BT, mine is at +20 and used daily. No costume though.

I also daily use my +20 Melendor, +20 Grimm, +5 Sonya, and +10 Caedmon. I even leveled a second of each of them (except BT, only ever pulled one of him).

1 Like

Man, I really need to level BT’s costume. I just did the math and with Costume, my BT’s stats will be at

673 - 901 - 1333, plus charge at 9 tiles. I don’t like the costume, but that stat boost is ridiculous!

Need to finish Marj first, then up goes the BT costume!

3 Likes

My 1st alt got him as that profile’s second healer very early on. Maxed him out and got his costume when the chamber was around the very first time. He is sitting at +13 or +14. I forget. Anyway, he is a very reliable healer and with his costume, you can choose what you need more because his default one gives more attack than healing where as the costume is vice versa. On top of that, his costume gives you a healer for the monk trials.

2 Likes

I’ll give it a shot next time. At this point, I’m happy with the roster I have, so I don’t have much need for more Dawas, Renfelds, and Ishtaks.
The only time I bought from the shop is when they had a guaranteed hidden blade (or shield, I can’t remember). The rest of the time, it’s trash deals or low chance.

1 Like

I like the costume, makes him more versatile.

1 Like

I’m working on a second Boldtusk right now myself. I think he’s one of the best red 4*s and makes stacking red for a lot of players a reality.

If I can get his costume I’ll make sure to max it too – but not use it, because the Chef skill is inferior (I’d rather have the better attack buff)

That said…

If you’re looking for high damage red heroes, it doesn’t really get better than Scarlett in 4* rarity.

In fact she has the 4th highest attack stat in red even counting 5*s (only Elena, Azlar and G. Kong have higher attack), and has a useful debuff; for me that more than makes up for her squishiness (I just give her a crit troop).

3 Likes

Another vote for Boldtusk from me. Easily one of the best heroes in the game overall. I always think Boldtusk is a 5* in disguise as a 4*.

2 Likes

@lightsmessenger If he was in his pre-nerfed state, then yeah he would be a 5 disguised as a 4.

What was his pre-nerfed state? I am very curious now.

1 Like

@lightsmessenger From what I understand (when I started playing he was already in his nerfed state) he had the attack boost from his regular outfit and the heal amount from his costume (or was a couple percentage points more than that, I think one of the other vets can confirm with the actual stats, @zephyr1 , or @Guvnor to name a few can probably help with that). He was kind of the end all be all healer in his hayday. Still is a pretty damn good healer though with how he is now.

1 Like

Not me sorry…

Maybe check this thread:

1 Like

I guess that makes Wilbur a 5 disguised as a 4 then? I mean he’s basically Isarnia and Gunnar in a 4* red costume at average speed. (minus the AoE damage from Isarnia of course)

Ok maybe the “free” spirit link to the enemy team kinda knocks him back half a notch, but he’s still one of the very best 4* heroes and a personal favorite of mine.

1 Like

@rho Yeah. That is why I usually pack either a dispeller or elemental defense down along with Wilbur because of the fact that everybody is getting shared damage. The shared damage is fine if 3 of the team members are snipers but if they are 3 hitters or field hitters then, you might want to be packing a dispeller to get the most damage out of your blanket hits.

For sure, I usually have have my dispellers charged up before firing Wilbur. Also helps that the two common 4* dispellers (Sonya, Caedmon) are also decent snipers (especially Caedmon), so two birds one stone.

Although sometimes if I see an opportunity to dump a bunch of tiles into a weak color, I do that instead to maximize the inflicted damage since you don’t “over kill” and waste any damage output.

Incidentally, Wilbur is also his own best counter. Any raid where the enemy team has a Wilbur I make sure to bring mine. Nothing more satisfying than to completely turn the tables at the tap of a screen lol.

2 Likes

I’m having a drought with compasses, does it make any sense to level his costume while waiting for compasses?

1 Like

If you plan on using BT then absolutely. A maxed costume bonus is about equivalent to +9 talent.

3 Likes

I don’t know if I’d call BT “top tier” necessarily…? As others have already pointed out, there are several other decent reds, and several other 4* healers… but for what it’s worth, Boldtusk was one of my first 4* healers and I still regularly use him to this day (even oftentimes when raiding people with 4k+ defense teams). 10/10 would definitely final ascend again if I were to start over from scratch, he’s absolutely worth the mats.

2 Likes