Is Bera the new best tank?

If you have a 9-tile Grimble and put a decent well synergised team around him then you can win 80%+ vs Freya even if she has Frigg/Odin and any of the other top heroes around her. Similar story for Skadi

I’ve tried a few mono red teams against her and they work decently well, although I haven’t tried it yet with the toughest Frigg-Bera-Odin combos (that is next on my list).

Mono red: C BT, Wilbur, Guardian Falcon, Baldur, Gefjon.

C BT and Wilbur help survive the moths. Baldur delivers an ongoing DOT and mitigates the mana cut on Bera death. Gefjon takes out Bera or another high danger target and/or steals some Bera minions to use against the opponent. G Falcon can probably be replaced with another healer or attacking option such as Marjanna as I don’t think he is providing as much value as the others

I usually have no problem bringing down a Bera tank as I use Guardian Gazelle, her extra damage and immunity to the poison of the moth minions help a ton.

2 Likes

Yes 10 char or 20 char

1 Like

Personally hav no problem with bera but she is used alot in raid defence. Alot like her.

Uraeus - Poseidon combo (+ a third yellow hero) usually works best for me. If tile dmg isn’t enough to finish off Bera before she goes off, Uraeus’ special will bypass her minions and finish her off + deal sand dmg to any other heroes that still have minions. Alternatively, if you use Poseidon’s special to finish her off, you won’t lose mana afterwards.

1 Like

I don’t even care that Grimble has average mana. When I have to face Bera/ Freya tanks, I think: that’s it. Go on creating minions for my Grimble’s goat. With your help I’ll have an extra turn for all my allies. :grin:
Once I have Uraeus maxed, I’ll test him with the gnome.

I dont think since the passing of Velluria that there is one “best tank” and I am enjoying the variety this has created.

There are a number of high end tanks now which depending on roster may create more issues than others for individual players. Of course there are some with top level rosters who have available counters for any opponent, but that is the minority.

Bera is the one I struggle with most, however I have no minion counter (working on Uraeus currently but lacking the darts to max)

Garnet is best when running the 3 Ninja def to take advantage of family bonus, but by herself not a large issue

Black Knight if you are not deep on blue or dispellers can cause trouble

Costume Kadilen is a menace

Heimdall can cause pain but as tank loses effectiveness due to less likely to use resurrect.

Freya along with other minion makers can make it a hard slog

Alfrike so long as it is a VF war or tourney otherwise not as much due to speed

3 Likes

That is if you can get your specials to go off before or around the same time as hers, if not it’s a loss

On the contrary grimble wants her to cast at least 2 times. Skadi doesn’t really care.

The real trick is to cast before the flanks are ready.

I use bera as a tile dump as much as possible so as not to charge the other more dangerous heroes

Thanks unfortunately I only have costume gormek , and gefjon

That’s not so bad. Get 2 layers of minions for c gormek but make sure gefjon takes 2 of them first

There is also Lady Loki who could send minion poison back. Maybe Kvasir (with 20 emblems) could also counter Bera or Freya to some extent on a lower level attack teams.

Myztero is better at this than lady loki as he can do it quicker, returns it to all and for full duration

True, he’s faster…but doesn’t lady Loki remove the poison from your team too? Myztero just copies and does nothing for the ailments you currently have.

Which is a factor for burns water damage sand etc. But with bera the moths just bite again so the poison comes back. It’s better to send back the poison and minion block quickly which stops bera from spawning more minions on her 2nd or 3rd special

Agree, but if you have your own minion summoners and bera’s pesky poison is preventing you from firing you can fire Loki on the same turn and then put up your own minions. Or you fire an AOE like Ursena and wipe the Bera minions that same turn. Rare-ish scenarios for sure, but still worth noting I think.

Yes the cleanse works if you need to fire your own minions.

I tried both (on the same team) vs bera and myztero was more effective overall. Which is not to say he is the best bera counter out there, but a decent option