Is Alby still a hero i want to go for?

Thanks for the replies

Yes, I do use a healer in every war team. But I am not sure how successful Alby would be when each war opponent I am facing has GM. It is my current problem when I use Tarlak as my healer in one of my war teams.At least Tarlak is average mana, so he has a better chance at firing before dying. He does have poor defense and health compared to Alby, but Alby being slow seems very risky against GM.

1 Like

You 100% positive all 30 teams have gm? I typically find a few targets every war that dont

Anyways i dont go more than 2 greens vs gm, put the 2 greens at the ends of the line up and 3 other heroes in between them. If u go double heals, then a cleanser is a 1st choice as ur other healer. Alberich typically does ok for me vs gm as long as i follow that strategy. But i could just be lucky

1 Like

As long as the time between GM fires and Alby is charged is not too long, Alby can be a very good counter for GM.
Specially if you can pair him with another color healer/debuffer.

Alby is by far my most used hero and saved me more than I can count. So in my opinion, yes he is still worth it.

2 Likes

Yes, I’ve fought against 7DD and Crystal Palace recently, so GMs everywhere! Which means that I need a lot of healers and cleansers. Ideally, 6x Ariel. Kunchen is a bit too slow, Rigard a bit too squishy. Otherwise, I do try to spot the few teams without GMs for my green heroes. And unlike dator, I split my greens! :smiley:

1 Like

Grazul and Aeron are great counters to GM too. You dont have to use cleansers all the time… Grazul is very fast mana like GM

1 Like

Let’s not forget Zim.

1 Like

On offense, If Alby get to cast, then the game start shifting, HoT, and mana boost…and suddenly a dead hero comes back and in 2 turns becomes almost fully alive and may even be ready to fire…

3 Likes

I chose him for my D team, which Lianna or King would still be great on but based on the other heroes I think his revive alone is worth it.

2 Likes

I can tell that I’m gonna struggle with this question again when the next set of tonics is up lmao

1 Like

I just had a raid and when down to only Alby he went off and brought back Guin Kunch Mitsuko and Alasie, needless to say that was game, had to rematch and he was able to bring back heroes two additional times again…thank goodness I won the rematch. He’s definitely still worth it.

Easy answer is does a bear :poop: in the woods

Curious, how many healers do you have maxed and do you use any green healers? I’m a bit torn between these two … one because I really like the burn resist and fast and two… I’ll be a bit sad once I max alby as it will likely relegate tarlak to dust collection and he works pretty well in the comp that alby would be replacing him in. (Tar-Athena-Arthur-Mis-Zel)

I currently have 12 healers maxed: 5x 5* and 10x 4*.
I use 7 healers in my five preset OS teams for yellow and purple tanks (2-3 Rigard/Guin, BT, Viv, Grazul & Ares).

The only two green heroes I currently use in my OS teams are Lianna & Kingston (previously Greg). I have Tarlak as well but I find him too squishy, especially for GM flanks. Once I max Alby I’m not sure whether I’d use him in one of my teams… I’d at least try to find a good fit for him tho. :smiley: But again, I’d prefer Kingston and a different color healer in my team compared to Alby.

1 Like

True, but it is there faster then alby’s heal (have tarlak equip with 23 mana troop) and with zeline and her attack down, the team doesn’t struggle for heal really unless I have neither color… if I wanted to add a bit more heal I could throw in Aegir over Arthur potentially… but, I’m just a big fan of what my tile damage does with Arthur Tarlak and Athena in play there, while I also generally use this team to attack a more passive war defense if possible (usually is)… hmmm… sounds like I’ll just have to flip a coin… either one will still be there when I get 6 more tonics at least.

After all this time (2 years), I finally got Alby in September. I am grateful and am anxiously awaiting tonics to ascend him… still need 5 as greedy Yunan took my last set.

Fair for sure and I certainly think he is worth it, I just happen to also think Kingston is, which is where the indesicion comes from… thanks for the feedback, alby certainly seems worth the praise and I do use him at 3/70 … but most of the time his biggest help is the mana gain and heal … I don’t rely on rez as it’s seemingly rare so far for me.

The one thing I noticed the other day was that Alby’s mana boost and Ariel’s work together. WOW did everything regenerate fast.

It’s a way to keep things fun. Alby can’t take a hit, so that’d be why I would give him my tonics.

In fairness, I already have snipers (Greg, Lianna) and a couple other strikers (Evelyn, Hatter) and Yunan to round out my top 5. That, plus a lack of Kingston, would say Alby is worth it for me. But— Supposing I did get Kingston? It is a good debate. I’m not sure it would be so easy of a choice for one reason only:

Elemental Link. That extra 4% mana for those few turns could light up heroes a lot faster in a fight, and he is just so much faster than Alby.

1 Like

Ugh… I wish I had Ariel haha. Not quite as effective, but Mis is who I pair him with in the comp listed above and it’s good fun for sure when things get rolling.

1 Like

Alby/Ariel/Misandra do not conflict with each other. So you just need to get Ariel, case closed.

Just that easy, right? :slight_smile:

While you’re out picking up four Ariel, could you bring me back 2 Kageburado and an Ursena also?

1 Like