Invite Only Alliance: How to Communicate With Applicants

We have a member expected to come back from vacation in the next two weeks. Someone is asking to join our invite-only alliance for the last spot. Is there a way to communicate that it will only be temporary before we accept him?

1 Like

Do you use Line or Discord or any other comms app?

2 Likes

Worst case would be to accept them (watch your war matching timing) then explain in the chat about the situation. That gives the player the option to temporarily stay or leave.

3 Likes

Thank you so much! Yes we have Line and Discord. How would we use those for recruiting?

1 Like

Oh, there’s a hundred ways to kill a cat, perhaps over a thousand.

You can post it on social media (Facebook, Instagram, etc.), upload it on some media platforms (YouTube, TikTok, etc.), pay TV and radio advertising, posters, streamers, and the whole lot.

1 Like

The easiest way would still be, put one or two line IDs in the alliance description :grin:

1 Like

I thought this was not allowed anymore.

1 Like

Some alliances set up a “welcome room” that potential members can join and it gives everyone a chance to get to know each other. Even just sharing your line/discord id with possible new members means you can chat in advance of them joining, to make sure your objectives are similar.

1 Like

From what I understand, it’s not allowed but it’s still occurring- slipping under the radar perhaps?

2 Likes

Don’t let the friends of felines catch you!

2 Likes

Ooopsss. Sorry. I hope they wont touch my murderous pitbull terriers.

2 Likes

We steer away from things that aren’t allowed because it attracts people who do unallowable things.

So I guess I can put it in the recruiting ad to respond there… Just wanted to help the random chap who shows up to the party…

Thank you everyone!!!:bouquet: :bouquet:

1 Like

My understanding is, that it is just undesirable and they implemented a filter to prevent people from posting line IDs in global chat for their own “safety” (maybe a notorious American law thing? ), but it is not forbidden.
And after a quick check, i see a lot of alliances still doing it :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

That’s how I understood it also.

Here is a work around where member accounts aren’t exposed:

1. Have an alliance LINE group chat to invite new people to. To generate a URL link to that:
  1. Use a URL shortener to convert your line group chat url into easier to remember and post version:

Eg. https://tiny.cc/

So your LINE url turns into https://tiny.cc//alliance_name

Summary

This text will be hidden

2 Likes

I don’t want to sound judgy but accepting someone for just 2 weeks seems a little not quite right. What if they love your alliance and don’t want to leave? Kicking will leave a bad taste in everyones mouth. I’d advise leaving the spot vacant until its owner gets back.

2 Likes

Not judgy!!! But we have had a lot of players breeze through and leave after a week or two because they were on “vacation “ from another alliance or mercing. I just wondered if there was a way for everyone to find out about each other before hitting “accept” or “reject.”

That’s why I asked…I don’t want to disappoint anyone…or be disappointed…if it’s avoidable.

Gotta say: for the breezing through players, it’s sure nice to get a goodbye so we don’t wonder what happened!

1 Like

Certainly, as you well know, a little courtesy goes a long way. Bless.

2 Likes

Cookie Settings