Introduction Terminology

Is there a way that during the introduction/training phase of joining the community that “discobot” could show new members the list of Empires and Puzzles terminology/abbreviations? I have found several lists overtime or asked members what words meant, but it would have made understanding topics and comments easier initially if I understood what seasoned people to this forum were talking about :slight_smile: I’m good now…thinking of future members.

You can check This topic it will tell you all the abbreviation you need to know and people use in the forum

Hopefully i understood what you really want, if not please ask what terminology you want to know and we can gladly help.you

7 Likes

Ahh this was soooo very helpful when I 1st started. Before then I was pretty clueless as to what most were even referring too :joy::joy:

3 Likes

Hey @Expired. Thanks for the response. I actually found this previously, but it was awhile after I joined because I didn’t realize this page existed; I was clueless with mosts posts. In the orientation of this forum they walk you through everything BUT terminology/ abbreviations to understand what seasoned players are referring to. Adding this to introduction initially will help new people understand the forum, not feel so lost and maybe keep coming back. …at least this is my thought.

2 Likes

Me tooooo! So, if they added to to initial orientation new people won’t be so clueless :rofl: I had no idea this list of understanding existed

1 Like

Discobot is only a bot from the discourse company who do forums
And the terminology used in this forum are not official in any way they are created by players
It would he nice to add links in the discobot as “helpful links” but i think adding everything in the tutorial.will be tough

2 Likes

Awh!!! Well that makes sense. It was worth a shot :slight_smile: Thanks!

2 Likes

Couldn’t agree more @Gee333, luckily I found all those files and made it a priority to go through them
I really think adding it to a new player orientation would be beyond helpful.

P.S BT is NOT a BLT minus the lettuce…although I’d still eat it.

1 Like

Lol BLT- BT - just the B would be enough for me :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: (Did somebody say BACON?) LOL I do realize though they aren’t “official” empires and puzzles abbreviations, but they are anbreviations specific to this forum. Maybe one day they’ll figure out a way to do. It is embarrassing asking someone what words mean. “I’m a college grad and I promise I’m smart but what does cleanse mean?” :roll_eyes: think the forum would grow for sure dude. !!

1 Like

It’s what those bears do with that cottonelle TP, in the woods, in those adverts :joy:

1 Like

LOL, we have all been there Gee333 and after a year I am still learning new ones, lol.

My generation never abbreviated everything we said but this generation does no matter what their doing and keeping up them is just impossible at times, lol.

A new hero comes into play and after 24hrs it’s already got a nickname and you have no idea how their talking about.

I’ll give you funny example which has been going on for months now in our allience.

Renfield is a 3* hero which seems to have come up in summons quite a bit but no one particularly likes him so they have decided that if they never type his name in chat he will not show up anymore, lol, so they call him “HE WHO SHOULD NOT BE NAMED” lol.

Now you can imagine the questions that NEW members have when they read that right, lol.

I reckon if anyone ever wrote a new dictionary just on abbreviations these days they will have hit a gold mine and make millions in no time ,lol, unfortunately that isn’t me as I don’t know many and have trouble keeping up with the few already here.

Cheers

2 Likes

THE VOTES ARE IN You sir have won the most entertaining response award!!! LOL Love it! Thanks for the advice. I will most definitely be using this somewhere at sometime !

2 Likes

:rofl::joy: This cracked me up. I love this forum. Seriously.

2 Likes

Funny you mention the abbreviation thing. I was just asking one of my guys if he knew that “and” started with an “A” because every text or email has “Nd” instead of “and”. He said it’s just the abbreviation…dude, you literally left out ONE letter? I just assumed you never got past 3rd grade?

1 Like

Makes you think though doesn’t it, lol.

You look at Muggy, they call him “The Frog” because it seems typing “the frog” is easier and quicker than typing Muggy, lol.
Go figure right, lol.

I guess typing the word THE doesn’t count towards being a typed word, LMAO, lol

2 Likes

Thank you, I’ll take a ring as the award please, lol.

2 Likes

@Ozy1 How about some poison darts??? Those are more readily available after 3 Atlantis events and five golden chests :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Lmao, it’s the craziest thing ever. I’m going to start abbreviating all my 3 letter words. Figure that out you SoaB

1 Like

Could I get a poison dart as a consolation prize? Pluuuuuuuuuuuease

2 Likes

I have had 3 of those in the last 4 months compared to only 1 ring in the last 6 months. But I will take what ever I can get.
Send them to me via the Line App please., lol

Thank you in advance.

1 Like