Insult in the War

Taunting has that effect on people… anyway, I think the offender posted that taunt on the banner more out of childish thinking and ignorance that from the will to offend… but that is not an excuse…

Well, ignoring childish acts is probably for the best or destroy them in war even better :slight_smile: if “offender” is on forums he laughs a lot, the troll got some food.
Maybe these are some kids? :slight_smile:

That would be nice answer or revenge! However they only invite, nur auf Einladung means - only invite.

I don’t see why becoming the subject of jokes would make them laugh… maybe the irony of my previous posts was not as conspicuous as I intended it…

My english skills, at this point, failed on me, no offence :wink:
As i understand you mean that was childish act and basically stupid. Where is the joke or irony? Why should be these trolls/kids be offended?

Asking without any irony.

No, all they want is attention and they know that banner is not appropriate. They don’t think it’s funny and they certainly don’t care what other people think. The best thing to do is to ignore this type of behavior, as it is the best way of dealing with trolling. Bringing it to the attention of the forum is the worst thing to do. Ignore them (or report them silently to the staff) and beat their asses in war. By posting about it, contacting them or reacting to it in any way just gives them what they want - attention.

1 Like

I respect this opinion and I used to agree with it. I don’t agree any longer. I believe this stuff should be called out.

If this is a ‘community’, then we ought to behave like a community and voice our disapproval of hateful behaviour. All that is necessary for evil to triumph…

Edit: And just personally, I wouldn’t play an alliance war against anyone with that sort of poison in their banner.

4 Likes

And then it starts, usa community thinks that, russian community think different, german one wants more beer (i am allowed to say that cause german), middle age white man community (again allowed) wants something else…

Support is the only way it really works.

This is no racial or any otherwise discriminatory issue… this is about silly people doing stupid things and think it’s funny… I haven’t really thought for a moment the author of the taunt is a 12 yo child, I just implied they might be because, as I see it, using that specific words, which are not even an insult “per se”, but a childish attempt to get somebody’s blood boiling, belong in the third grade… so if “the offenders” are online reading, they shouldn’t be laughing, because they would be laughing at themselves…
Anyway, the might of an alliance is not measured by the words of their banner, but their level as real life individuals is…

1 Like

It’s true that norms vary between cultures, but this is no barrier to establishing a civilised discourse based on courtesy, empathy and mutual respect. Childish attempts “to get somebody’s blood boiling” are not an acceptable part of any civilised discourse. They drag us to the gutter.

3 Likes

@Brobb is right, "childish attempts to get somebody’s blood boiling”shouldn’t be tolerated. Now as serious as I can get about this things, without any trace of sarcasm or irony, as I previously said, the leader is responsible for what the alliance banner says and I think alliance leadership should be held account for such actions… it would be appropriate for SG to terminate the leadership rights in such cases unless the alliance delimits it self from the taunt author and kicks him/her out. Leadership could automatically pass it to the eldest (ingame) co-leader…

1 Like

All my knights have deleted their def.
No matter what happens. Even if the support this alliance now brings victory.
The Knights of Eternity will not fight.

4 Likes

Sorry, @Eev - I have to disagree.
In Germany, we do live under the burden of history - whether you notice it or not. Just because you think it is a joke, doesn’t make it one.

@Brobb - you are, of course, right. Not just in this community, but everywhere - people need to point out that this is not acceptable behaviour. Not in the game and not in RL. Because just shrugging our shoulders and ignoring it, leads to it spreading.
edit: I just read your other post - I’m sending you a lot of hugs as well.

@MrsBCW - sending you hugs from far away.
But you are right - hate messages need to be called out. Otherwise people feel justified in their irrational hatred, their racism, their bigotry, their fanatism. And if they think they are just being funny, we have to point out that there is no humour in this sort of thing.

11 Likes

when was growing up we had a simple way of dealing with trolls and bullies. was called a circle after you got off the school bus.

1 Like

Good on you guys :slightly_smiling_face:

20 cheers from NZ!

2 Likes

Well done indeed, dear! :+1:
Such nastiness has no place in a civilized community.

Give my love to the nice people in your alliance, please :hugs:

3 Likes

Stick to your principles, it’s only a game. Hopefully if they try to use this as a future winning strategy we will all report them to SG and get their alliance banned from war for some specified period.

2 Likes

I’m not sure boycott that war was the right thing to do.
I don’t think people like that usually enjoy a fair and balanced fight, on reverse they can even be happy about that.

You want them to stop?
Crush them and dance on their dead bodies.

Everyone may have different opinions regarding what the OP alliance chooses to do. It’s their decision as an alliance how they want to handle it, in my opinion.

Yes, but if they gain a easy win that could be incentive to do that again rather then stop.