Increased availability of season 2 heroes

Hello Forum!

Just created this account and this is my first forum post, so please be gentle. :slight_smile:

I have an idea, that I think is easy to implement and a win-win for all parties. By parties I mean F2P, C2P and P2P players both new and veterans alike, and I think it will increase total revenue for SGG as well.

Part 1 - Add S2 heroes to training camp.
Equal opportunity to receive either generation hero for each relevant tier. Meaning: currently TC20 has roughly 5% chance of producing a 5* hero. After this change, it would be roughly 3% for S1 and 2% for S2 (as there are more S1 5*).

Part 2 - Add S2 heroes to legacy summons.
By legacy summons, I mean hero summon and all elemental summons. As with TC20, would be equal opportunity for both generation heroes. This would boost the value of those summons, especially elementals.

Part 3 - Remove S1 heroes from Atlantis summon
As previous steps would reduce the appeal of Atlantis summon, a way to increase it would be to give improved odds to receive S2 heroes. This would cater to new players especially. That in addition to the former HotM available could actually cause an increase in pulls for Atlantis (+ added elemental and regular hero summons also contributing to revenue).

What do you all think?

Something similar is currently done with the legendary training for Hero Academy (at least current beta version). S2 5* heroes (amongst event 5* heroes and past HOTMs) are added to the training camp pool. :slight_smile:
5% chance to transmute any hero into a past HOTM, S2 or event 5* hero.

Alright. Let’s hear it.

Hmnnn. Where is the increase total revenue for SGG here when you just made S2 heroes obtainable from TC20, my friend? SGG wont even think of this. It would be more rewarding for them to introduce an advance building from training camp that would be able to train S2, S3, seasonal and special event heroes, including HOTMs, at a fixed but minimal cost of gems. Of course, it should be random, too.

With the current summoning portals available every month (Atlantis, Costume, ToL and Valhalla), including those special and season events, midtier and advance players will never use the so-called legacy and elemental summons. Even newbie players are advised to summon to other portals and get their S1 heroes from the training camps or from free summons using EHTs, keys, atlantis coins and valhalla coins obtained from various chests and rewards.

Midtier and advance players mostly have S1 heroes and placing S2 heroes there would only increase the number of dupes in their hero roster, ever more so since such legacy portal is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. I like them S2 heroes only available during the first week of the month as I can monitor my wallet. Your plan to make S2 heroes available from legacy and elemental gates will make some players go bankrupt and eventually quit the game as such gates are readily available at any time and they will be urged to buy gems to get a crack at those heroes. SGG would rather have them players stick on a budget on a weekly or monthly basis depending on the events, ensuring a more constant cash flow their way. The sad thing is, a lot of players will be inundated with dupes, even 5 star S2 heroes. Who wants to level multiple Mok-Arrs, Atomoses, Misandras, etc.? Not everyone will even be happy to having multiple Ursenas maxed as only 1 or 2 is more than enough. Especially more so since the Hero Academy they are cooking in beta is less illustrious than what most players are anticipating. Variety is always better.

The odds for summoning Atlantis heroes currently are:

Rare Classic Hero: 19.6%
Epic Classic Hero: 11.9%
Legendary Classic Hero: 0.9%

Rare S2 Hero: 51.4%
Epic S2 Hero: 14.6%
Legendary S2 Hero (non-featured): 0.3%

Legendary Featured Hero: 1.3%

Legendary HOTM: 1.3%

Since you are proposing to remove S1 heroes from the Atlantis gates, there would be fewer heroes to summon. I don’t think SGG would increase the odds of summoning 5 star atlantis heroes as we will be flooded with them. I like the odds already, otherwise, all players will have the same heroes and that would be boring. Let the F2Players and C2Players have their luck getting good heroes and let the whales spend a ton to get them easily.

And 95% chance to get S1 5 star heroes. That sucks. Midtier and advance players already have most of the classic 5 stars, maxed, emblemed and several dupes (if not yet fed). Getting to build Hero Academy should and must be rewarding to loyal players who have been playing this game for at least 2 or 3 years, not to mention investing a lot of time, effort and/or money on this game. SGG should better the odds, reduce the waiting time and at minimal cost, allow queuing several HA functions and remove S1 heroes from HA.

1 Like

Hmm… is this you being gentle?

I never claimed all my parts would increase their revenue. You cannot take a separate part of my post and comment on it specifically to discredit my overall proposal. Part 1 is part of the whole to make S2 heroes more available.

Exactly. Which is why I made the proposal. If Ursena and Kage were available in the elemental summon, many short on dark heroes might invest their gems there, and get something worthy.

As if 3 days is not enough time to go bankrupt? As you said, there are always some special summons available.

Do you represent SGG? It sounds like it.

First of all, welcome to the forum!

Second… a warning. Most of the posters here don’t represent SGG, but some of them will oftentimes come across as if they do. I have proposed the idea of putting S2 heroes into TC many times, and based on the largely negative feedback I’ve gotten, I’ve learned not to waste any more time on the subject.

:man_shrugging:

There is very little interest from SGG or the forum in general in making this game more F2P/C2P friendly.

Thank you!

Thats why I tried to think about the P2P and revenue aspect as well here, which I could see increase over time if S2 heroes were available in the elemental summons (but not in the event summons). As a newbie back in the day, I loved elemental summons as I wanted to use my few gems to target a specific color I was short on.

TC20 is just a handout by SGG which I know has been proposed many times, but I think time should soon be right for that as some of the best cash cows (especially Gravemaker) will not be featured anymore. I dont know if Atlantis is still generating high revenue, but I would imagine the curve is at least descending.

1 Like

Yep, same. I used to do elemental summons until I got all the ones I needed from TC. Now I don’t even bother wasting gems on anything that has mostly S1 in it.

I’m really not understanding the resistance against “unlocking” very old HotMs and S2 heroes on a more permanent basis…? We’re already in S3.

I understand that there are several players who spent a lot of money to pull their Gravemakers and such, and they don’t want lower spenders getting easy access to them for whatever reason. But seriously, after all this time? Is it really going to be that game breaking if newbies and F2P/C2P players have better odds of pulling these heroes? I’m sure there are many here who would say “yes, absolutely! Only big spenders should have these heroes!” If that’s the case? You can almost definitely expect the revenue curve to descend.

For reference: can’t find the original post unfortunately, but it has been estimated that the average cost to pull a Gravemaker now via Tavern of Legends is somewhere around $32,000 USD. That, to me, is absolutely absurd. This cannot become the “new normal” for the game. Cannot, should not, will not be accepted by the vast majority of the playerbase.

2 Likes

Hiya OP;

Going to close this thread as a duplicate of a couple of other ones.

Part 1: When will Season 2 atlantis/Event/Season 3 heroes start being added to our Training Camps?

Part 2: (not really a thing but they are being added to Hero Academy per the V30 beta: 🧪 Early Information on Hero Academy [Part of The Beta Beat v30])

Part 3: [MASTER] Remove/ Get Rid of Season 1 (S1 / Vanilla) heroes from {X} summons portal

1 Like