Inari and Mitsuko - Anchor’s thoughts

She’s not the only one. xD Mok-Arr’s special can end up being useless (or rather only harmful to your own team) if the only enemy hero(es) left on the field are purple.

1 Like

We’re still clients (even if you don’t spend money). In no industry you would want to build the client’s expectations too high and then deliver a “balanced” product. It’s dangerous for businesses.

Here’s the thing tho: E&P isn’t building the client’s expectations too high. They’re not announcing nor showing anything about new heroes. It is just leaked content that is distributed by beta players without permission! That’s the whole point why SGG doesn’t want beta content to be shared because all those heroes are subject to change at any time and clients like you get disappointed because they saw “raw content”.

Sad to see that some people just don’t stick to beta rules.

2 Likes

Tell that to Bill Gates.

Also, Beta content IS NOT SUPPOSED to be out there, so no, it’s not SGG building your expectations, it’s some beta testers not abiding to the rules of Beta testing.

i’ve not been excited by a new hero for quite some time now. Says a lot about the direction that is going on. Now saving my gems for evelyn and hope she remains a green panther with life link. finger crossed.

1 Like

That’s very true!

There should be more of an investment in protecting the information. This is my first mobile phone game that I’ve played for so long and with such enthusiasm and dedication. I’ve played video games with other devices before and for years but so far this is the first time that I’ve experienced this type of leaks on everything the designers try to do. Some apps like AirBnb dont allow you to make screenshots of the hosts information for security reasons. Some apps can trace who takes screenshots, mmm you could still use a secondary phone to make a photo… many ways to start addressing that issue, even the idea of beta not the answer? It could be an inhouse team. Who knows. But the reality is that there’s an issue and it should be controlled.

1 Like

I’m sure the devs are deeply knowledgeable, and I’m also sure they all play. There aren’t that many devs, though. What beta brings is a larger group of players with varied benches, all trying possibly bizarro combinations of heroes. A small team of internal testers simply can’t replicate the breadth and depth of testing that is done in beta.

My gripe is in the other direction: we often see heroes in beta fairly close to scheduled release, so there’s not enough time for iterations. Aegir, for example, hadn’t cycled through enough IMO to get a well-balanced design thoroughly tested. Inari was tweaked several times, too, and we didn’t have much time with this final design.

To stay on topic, I like the Mitsuko design on offense in particular settings, e.g. facing Isarnia, Athena or Grimm. Time her special to go up, then feed tiles to the ice foe, and watch the foe kill herself. The mana reduction can help mitigate potential overlap to nearby foes also gaining mana.

6 Likes

Fire heroes are best against nature titans— and her reflect special will be of no use there.

And I wouldn’t bring a fire heroe to an ice titan in general unless it’s wilbur.

1 Like

The fact that it doesn’t come as burst makes it significantly worse than Hel, but I still consider his ~1,000 cumulative damage that ignores defense pretty relevant…

1 Like

Thank you for very exhaustive description. I’ll response to this quote. I took her for an offensive task (purple stage, season1) and it was absolutely dreadful. As she is an average speed, it took ages till she got mana ready and then you had to pray someone is charged at the right time.

I tell you, getting one minion was for me like pulling a 4* hero from a summon, I managed to get 2 and they died quickly. For me it looks like, unfortunately, as a bad change where you take a lot from hero giving nothing back (e.g. swapping her attack and defense stats - which are even in total with hp nearly 200 point below Mitsuko - why?!?).

After a failure of Aegir release where now everyone in top 500 players stopped using him in defence, this is another failing of a test program. Not your fault, but they should have postponed the release by few months rather then release D style hero :-1:

(sorry probably exaggerated a bit, she is probably a C hero)

You tested her in her probably worst enviroment: PvE :smiley: She rather shines on PvP offense and defense, where every hero has special skills (+ status ailments) and wants to fire those. For PvE she’s only useful because of her high tile damage.

Every purple in Season 1 purple special levels uses a special. The selection was not a random.

ANY hero can be good on attack depending on the company they keep, where a hero shines is on defense where you can drop them in with the right crowd and they do a good job. Titan killing is all about WuKong and 4 opposite colors of the titan with good AP. So what she can or can’t do on a titan means nothing to me since i have more then enough yellows to push insane scores on Dark Titans already as should most people who been playing long as me.

Sooooo, she is terrible on defense and i look forward to seeing folks who came to the forums thinking she is a beast in all forms and put her on their defensive teams and i simply stack my vanilla Sartana/Tiburtus/Rigard/Leianna/Caedmon and laugh as i roll in your trophies. GOTCHA! She is AWESOME! waves the Inari flag

1 Like

Except Aegir.

to stay in Topic: I do not have Inari nor Mitsuko, but I will make a few summons, maybe I’m lucky and get WILBUR!!!

While I agree that she’s overrated, she is far from a D or even C hero. As cynical as I may be about the new heroes an honest evaluation has her as at least a mid to high B. Testing an unleveled hero in PvE is not an indicator for Titan/raid/defense performance. I continue to see the suggestion coming from a lot of people that heroes should be evaluated in PvE (particularly by @Anchor) and have that data extrapolated to all other aspects of the game, but that simply does not work and for the life of me I cannot figure out why people think that it would.

1 Like

If they think new heroes should be play tested in PvE they might wanna relinquish that beta spot to someone else who does not have that mentality.

Staying on topic, nothing has convinced me to use my 4* ascension items on either new hero yet. I give the 2 new heroes a F for FAIL!

I personally like that they don’t make every single new hero that comes out be the best of the best must-haves. I’d urge caution before calls for buffs to see how they work out in the meta.

I think Mitsuko could use a very small buff, but anything more than a tiny buff could make her a bit too strong as she’s already is a pretty good place compared to trainable red 5*'s, maybe a smidge below Azlar but above Khagan and Elena.

Inari is just about right, as well. I don’t want them to take her back to her beta strength, she’s fine where she’s at. I think it’s a good indicator that she’s balanced when equal amounts of people are fawning over her and thinking she’s a bit weak. As it stands she’s better than the trainable 5* yellows except Joon and arguably Viv.

3 Likes

Once Inari goes off I always held my specials and I was using a team of full 5 stars against her on defense. Those fox minions, although nerfed, will still gobble up 4 stars easily as well. Don’t forget she can dodge dispels and defense down as well as the damage. I wish you luck.

Those who write off Inari have probably never used her. I would have preferred she be at 56% dodge and 4 turns but that can be addressed as people level her.

In addition to using her with Wilbur, think about what happens with Inari plus Drake or Justice for raids and Inari plus Joon for titans. The specials are complementary :slight_smile:

Are you saying if Inari fires and the blind that Joon/Drake puts out causes them to miss she will create minions?