Inari and Mitsuko - Anchor’s thoughts

While I agree that she’s overrated, she is far from a D or even C hero. As cynical as I may be about the new heroes an honest evaluation has her as at least a mid to high B. Testing an unleveled hero in PvE is not an indicator for Titan/raid/defense performance. I continue to see the suggestion coming from a lot of people that heroes should be evaluated in PvE (particularly by @Anchor) and have that data extrapolated to all other aspects of the game, but that simply does not work and for the life of me I cannot figure out why people think that it would.

1 Like

If they think new heroes should be play tested in PvE they might wanna relinquish that beta spot to someone else who does not have that mentality.

Staying on topic, nothing has convinced me to use my 4* ascension items on either new hero yet. I give the 2 new heroes a F for FAIL!

I personally like that they don’t make every single new hero that comes out be the best of the best must-haves. I’d urge caution before calls for buffs to see how they work out in the meta.

I think Mitsuko could use a very small buff, but anything more than a tiny buff could make her a bit too strong as she’s already is a pretty good place compared to trainable red 5*'s, maybe a smidge below Azlar but above Khagan and Elena.

Inari is just about right, as well. I don’t want them to take her back to her beta strength, she’s fine where she’s at. I think it’s a good indicator that she’s balanced when equal amounts of people are fawning over her and thinking she’s a bit weak. As it stands she’s better than the trainable 5* yellows except Joon and arguably Viv.

3 Likes

Once Inari goes off I always held my specials and I was using a team of full 5 stars against her on defense. Those fox minions, although nerfed, will still gobble up 4 stars easily as well. Don’t forget she can dodge dispels and defense down as well as the damage. I wish you luck.

Those who write off Inari have probably never used her. I would have preferred she be at 56% dodge and 4 turns but that can be addressed as people level her.

In addition to using her with Wilbur, think about what happens with Inari plus Drake or Justice for raids and Inari plus Joon for titans. The specials are complementary :slight_smile:

Are you saying if Inari fires and the blind that Joon/Drake puts out causes them to miss she will create minions?

I think Epigenetic means that the specials will stack.

No… a miss and a dodge are different, I already tested that theory. No fox is summoned.

2 Likes

Thank you…20

I dont want every hero to be a must have either, but it be hella nice to be like…hmmm, who do i use on my defensive team Thorne or Magni? I just can’t get the bad taste out of this release of the 2 new season 2 5*. Im sorry, but they are terrible and would pose no threat to anything i can put together on my roster which is in large vanilla heroes and a few HoTM.

I don’t agree. I believe that EVERY hero should be balanced into the level that they can be equally used. Otherwise you will see everywhere exactly the same: Zeline, Guin, Hel, Gravemaker, Alasie (occasionally Alberich or Panter ) . Isn’t that boring ?!?!?!

I wish every hero aimed to a balanced level, (wouldn’t aegir be usable with at least 40% plus defense? Wouldn’t Inari be usable with 4 turns i stead of 3. Yes would, but why.Now all Aegirs are gone from people’s defense teams,

Edited by mod - idea to balance every hero is great, but accusations of impropriety against a section of the player base is not so great

6 Likes

No I meant that there are two chances for affected heroes to miss…about 71% miss rate which isn’t bad plus the minions from the dodge only. I watched an alliance mate try Drake/Inari and the video showed a great team with Azlar and other heroes firing at will and he just sat there and chipped away.

I can’t help but find the sheer overstated amount of hate for these new heroes astounding. Neither of these heroes are Thorne, that comparison is ludicrous. While I do agree that Mitsuko could use a tiny buff, both heroes are in a pretty good place as evidenced by an equal amount of people on both sides arguing that they are scary good or, alternatively, they are the worst thing ever. It seems that if a hero launches and they don’t completely shift the meta in all three main facets of the game, there is a sizeable (or disproportionately loud) subset of players that are just going to label them as trash and bandy about conspiracy theories involving the devs/beta-testers/Freemasons.

Also, I don’t think that I’m alone in not wanting all of these new heroes to come out in their leaked original beta forms. Aegir in his original form was BROKEN, and would have been bad for the game. I can’t help but laugh to myself as the same group of people who complain endlessly about how OP Guin is turn right around and complain that a hero that was better than her was nerfed before release, due to feedback from the beta-testers. Frankly, I thank the beta-testers for not allowing that monster into the wild as he was. Much better for the health of the game that he was fixed before launch than fixed after he completely destroyed the meta and a ton of gamers spent a lot of money chasing him when it became clear that he was a must-have to stay competitive

9 Likes

What if you paired Aegir and Mitsuko along with three greens against a blue titan?

He would keep her alive.

Why?
20 characters…

So you could utilize Matsuko’s ice reflect AND keep her alive.

A “BROKEN” Aegir was “REPAIRED”. Really? Do you call the laughable piece of picture a repaired hero? I’d more likely say he is dead. 3 weeks ago every 5th raid attack was against Aegir in the tank, now: ZERO !!! Why, because no one uses your repaired hero in defense any more. He is a D CLASS hero.

As per testing process, I believe the major fault is in a process itself, there should be an automatic extension by another month should there be a significant change (not like 64 changes to 62, but 4 change to 3 is significant). Otherwise the outcome of the process will be a bad unblalancend, unusable, untankable hero like poor Aegir (and probably new Inari).

1 Like

Back to topic, I think mitsuko will be a decent tank but not good in offence. We all have use Li Xiu and know how she pan out. Mitsuko is like her, some mana cut with relatively Low damage and average mana.

To me a balanced hero would be a B hero. They are not top of the line and not bottom of the barrel they can be used depending on what you need. I think of Zeline, Guin, Hel, Gravemaker, Alberich, Panther as outliers. They are NOT balanced in my opinion.

To me, balanced should be A :slight_smile: But generally I agree.

If it was in our hands and not in SG, I personally would start a correction with the worst D class heroes:
Thorne (give him 512% instead of 460% or give him and neighbours a 3 round counterattack), Quintus (plus 250 DoT 5 rounds), Aegir (plus 40% normal defence special to what he has), Rumplestiltskin (Cross 27 to 32, Stars - change to +20, -20, +20, -20). Vivica (reduce from 44 to 33, but make average), Elkanen (increase from 38 to 45), etc.

I am sure that the players would be able to make a World where heroes would be much better balanced and it wouldn’t be just Zeline, Guin, or Guin, Zeline, or … basicaly - still the same.

6 Likes

Cookie Settings