Inappropriate Ads/ Mystic Vision MASTER

They should have checked those ads before they put them up on mystic vision.

As far as I know they cannot. Platform provider (Playstore/Apple store) control it…

3 Likes

Everyboy controls it by the way of his/her online and gaming behaviour.
Google just brings in ads matching this behaviour.
You always accept terms which allow google to bring in ‘relevant’ content.
User of the ads (SG in this case) only have limited influence to that.
They could e.g. set no adult content, but not much more.

2 Likes

^This indeed.
It is not in control of SG only by Apple and Google.
If they allow it in store you can see it. I thik SG can ask them to show only games and maybe a bit more details of what kind of games but this is it.

1 Like

Yes. Exactly the same I have heard…dank je wel for your confirmation :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

I was 10 years old when I saw princess leia in a metal bikini and promptly replaced my poster of a Lamborghini Countach with one of her. Does this mean Star Wars was sexist? I found Lightsabers and a metal bikini and they got a fan for life. At no stage did Liam Neeson turn around in episode 1 and say: “I don’t know who this Jabba guy is but I’m going to find him and kill him”.

That was Lukes job anyway.

What I am trying to say is, we grew up in a different time. My children grow up in a different time. The difference is today there is good reason to question that sort of thing. It doesnt mean its always a bad thing but if it is something SG can change then they definitly should at the very least look into it.

1 Like

That’s an old post of mine you unearthed there :slight_smile:

As a 6 year old girl, I wasn’t terribly excited by the slave bikini. It actually made me quite uncomfortable at the time since she looked so uncomfortable and unhappy.

It’s an interesting reference though. As to whether it was sexist, Carrie Fisher was indeed a hugely successful star in that bikini. When she was asked, as an accomplished actor, to reprise her role in her late 50s she was also asked to lose weight. That may be sexist in the context of her character.

Actors in general, and yep loads of dudes are required to alter their physique for various roles. Can’t argue with Ben Affleck being asked to beef up to wear the batsuit. But I suspect sometimes the body required is less about the character and more about the viewer. But that’s a whole 'nother argument and probably deviating too far off topic :wink:

4 Likes

FWIW, the mystic ads come from Unity. These guys

1 Like

Ben is a great Batman.

I’m a Superman fanboy.

It’s interesting that it took their mom’s names to stop them fighting. This could be argued to be sexist saying that all men are mommies boys LoL!

The problem with sexism is everybody has a different opinion. It’s also what makes sexism what it is. The lack of people accepting other peoples choices over their own. It’s a problem that won’t go quietly into the night.

On a lighter note but in light of great casting, I also think that our current Thor and Wonder Woman are the best cast roles I’ve ever seen after Ewan McGregor as Obi-wan and Daniel Craig as James Bond. Fantastic choices.

1 Like

It was interesting to see that Wonder Woman took the spot as the most popular superhero with Australian children aged 6-13 in 2018. Maybe it’s just because she got the lion’s share of the girls’ votes, and maybe Captain Marvel will shake things up. But it does seem like this is a good direction and one that some of these mobile games could embrace with their character designs :slight_smile:

But let’s be real here. Batman. Christian Bale for the best Bruce Wayne… but Will Arnett for the best Batman :smiley:

For the Mystic Vision today I was served a “kiss of war” game ad where a woman begged the viewer to help her with her clothes. There was a throbbing button labeled “take it off”, with a “75%” notation, implying a vote to make her get naked.

You gave me 2 gems and an emblem for that. I feel dirty now.

5 Likes

I want that too!!! All I‘m getting is the same gardenscape and xyz-War ads over and over again

@Petri or @KiraSG, can SG please look into this?

1 Like

There is actually an ad I saw today where you point to a girl’s butt and chest. Very inappropriate and sexist.

Okay this ad is way too inappropriate. One of the females in this pictures is made to look like a little girl.

Which one? Some ethnicities look young…

The maid. The one that looks ten. This game has the characters strip.

If the ad simply features scantily clad women, I find it meh.
I don’t stigmatise ■■■ appeal as much as it is a custom in, say, US. Here whole families with kids watch movies with ■■■ scenes and it’s fine as long as the context is fine and clear.

Blatantly sexist ads on the other hand are a whole other beast and I would prefer those to be gone.

Still, I would prefer ads like this to be gone first. Much more traumatising to a child’s psyche.

3 Likes

Strange, I got this ad and for some reason, I got the biggest urge to watch magic mike. No idea why tho. 635905990266983286-Screen-shot-2016-02-09-at-7.16.35-AM

1 Like

Wait, is that Ben Stiller?