Inaccurate Skill Descriptions

Some of the skill descriptions include double negatives that make them inaccurate. An example would be Fura’s “-50% decrease” to healing received. A “negative decrease” is an increase. It should just read “50% decrease” for clarity. There are several heroes/skills with similar issues.

4 Likes

Hi @Akappy, welcome back.

I will agree that the effect could be worded better.

The original is:

• All enemies get -50% decrease for any healing received for 4 turns

I think the rewording, if done, should retain the negative sign, “-50%” and omit or change decrease so it is consistent with description of other effects. E.g., Wu Kong:

• All allies get +135% attack with -32% accuracy for 5 turns. Chance to miss also applies to offensive special skills

I will also say that I don’t believe that in English “double negatives” always mean positive else so many people would not use them as emphatic negatives. No one ever complained on the forum, for example “I did ten pulls in Valhalla and I didn’t get nothing” and meant they drew great heroes.

Moreover, many languages require double negatives, e.g., Spanish no tengo nada is grammatical and means I have nothing while no tengo algo isn’t.

Language just isn’t math. I do appreciate your attention to detail, though.

1 Like

Lets compare her with sand empires hero:
This is taken from Rana’s special skill…

There is indeed inconsistecy, Rana and other sand heroes are correct but the description in Fura is not.

@Petri @KiraSG

2 Likes

Thanks. I know that a double negative isn’t always a positive and that language isn’t math. But a negative decrease is an increase, no matter how you look at it. Your example of casual emphasis isn’t all that relevant, in my opinion, as skill descriptions are simply meant to be clear and informative.

I agree that “-50% healing received” would be just as good, if not better.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Cookie Settings