Improving wars – 8 flags and no cleanups allowed

My ideas kept cleanups in the mix.

My last ideas basically gives you 90 different war defenses that you need to clear(providing your alliance is 30/30. You have 180 total hits. If you are perfect with your hits and can go 90/90 in the first half you could win then. That’s practically impossible though. So on the second half the first teams to clear everyone( all 90 defenses)wins. If both teams are unable to do that it would then come down to points. I’m sure there are a lot of flaws in this idea but it doesn’t take cleanups away. It does take away from one person hitting the same team multiple times as well as hitting the same defenses multiple times. It would also keep teams from waiting until the end to make 120 of their hits like I see so often.

It would also be great, if you could choose 30 heroes from your roster and then attack as long as they’ll be alive.

Same on defense, move ups until all 30 killed. You’d decide the sequence of their appearance.

That would probably set up some weird defenses, but would be fun and would spread diversity.

Thank you for saying this, I’m reading through this thread thinking “am I the only one around here without 30x 5*s?”

1 Like

I actually only have 18 maxed 5* and 21 maxed 4* heroes atm. 15 more 5’s at 3/70 awaiting mats. We could have different types of wars like we do with raid tournaments. That way it isn’t the same old strategy every time. It could rotate like the arrows, field aide and stuff does now.

You need to translate to English for this forum.

Google translate:

Removing cleanliness limits the weak to participate in the war, as there would be no strong hero to eliminate a strong opponent. Increasing to 8 or decreasing the time to have 3 wars in the week would be better, it would even decrease those who are leaving the alliance looking for titan. One war is over and the pairing of the other should begin.

Probably not the best translation …

I think having 3 wars per week is a bit much with all the other content that has been added with tournaments, AR, upcoming S3, PoV already there.

Not sure why it would decrease titan mercs, other than limiting the time they can do so by one more day (so 4 out of 7 instead of 5 out of 7). You can still merc during war matching.

Yes. Because even making the 6 attacks in the war and leaving the alliance, it counts for the tournament. Whether or not an alliance does not affect tournament points per se, except to enter a war.

I’m not entirely clear what you’re saying here. Is the complaint that people are mercing wars? How can you do that when all wars happen simultaneously? You can’t fight in extra wars by switching alliances. You can fight a war in your alliance and then switch alliances to hit titans but that’s a different thing.

Hard to believe, but there’s some alliances that don’t do wars. :astonished: Perhaps those are the alliances being referenced?

Regardless, I don’t see a problem with war ‘merc’ing’. As long as the player stays with the program.

We actually had a player hit us up over Christmas about joining for wars. We’d fought his alliance previously, chatted on Line and kept in touch. His alliance was shutting down wars for the holidays and he just wanted to WAR! Not sure they’d have shut down if PoV was going during that time, but it’s another possible scenario of why someone would merc wars.

I have been reading through this thread and I can agree that wars have become stagnate. Full disclosure I have been playing since before alliance wars were implemented. That said I think having more changes like the raid tournaments may be a good way to integrate the new challenge the game has to offer since the “Old days” that said I also caution that making too many changes too quickly is still an issue. In my opinion we are discussing 3 different topics here and I am going to attempt to summarize them. If I leave one out or misread please feel free to correct.

The three things which have all been discussed in this thread are:

1. Change the numbers of war flags, in this case to 8
  2. Limit attacks to needing to be one shots which makes cleanup less likely to occur
    2b) Augment to number 2 where only one person may only hit one defense team once forcing a different team member to hit.
  3. Make wars more similar to raid tournaments with optional restrictions or rules and increase variety from 3 types of aid to many other types.

While I am interested in seeing more challenge in alliance wars I believe these hypothetical questions are not going to be solved overnight, not to manage testing in beta and refinement before implementation and while I like these ideas I hope they are considered from both players and development cycle requirements before seeing them added.

I don’t believe adding flags will do much to change the wars. It would only …well, add 2 more hits identical to the other 6 already available.
Changing up wars with some sort of restrictions might be fun. Having all 3* wars might actually be interesting, if troops and craft were also limited. And maybe emblem talents frozen as well in some wars.
Many possibilities there.
I think the alliance can police itself on a player only hitting a target one time and moving on. We do it, no problem. It’s a matter of communication and strong leadership in forcing rules, imho

What do you think of this idea? New Gameplay mode – tag-team battle, multiple “rows” of heroes, who replace the heroes before them when they die

The point is that hunting Titan is a way of playing too. There are those who like it and those who hate it. Unless to attack a Titan the person has to be in the alliance for a certain time, like 24 hours.

Just to throw this out there. What about an option for players to put up to 5 heroes into a common pool that anyone use for attacked? The players giving up the heroes would not have access to them for that war. This would only be useful in alliances where you may have a wide disparity of hero bench depth. Not so much for the top alliances, but helpful to get new players into the mix quicker.