[Implemented - V35] Alternate Raid and War defense formations - Please add your ideas and comments here!

This would be awesome and require new tactics that would keep the game interesting!

I like the war mechanics, but it’s getting extremely boring facing the same types of situations for every war and every raid. I would like to see alternate defense team configurations is war. Instead of the one we have now, with a center tank up front, it could be reversed with center at the back, or we could have the “W” or reverse “W” formation with either 3 up front, 2 in back, or the reverse of that. All of these are seen on various map levels. As it stands now, the only reason people even change their war defense team from their standard defense team is if their alliance is all using the same color tank. This would shake up the wars, which are getting boring.

1 Like

I like it very much
(20 characters)

I love the idea.

Hi @Petri @Sara @mhalttu

Raid is getting boring with the same V formation for about 2-3 years. Please take into consideration and add new raid formation as the community suggest, thank u very much

I personally finds raids most boring part of this game. So why not add some diversity in? For now heroes stand in only one formation from tank to corners. But over time in world maps appeared different setups (so mechanic of different setups already developed). So why not implement it to raid defence team? So player will choose not only heroes but also defence formation like one hero fully covered by 4 others. Or wave formation. To avoid unbalanced raids - possibly apply rules that if hero hidden behind 4 others - mana generation decreased by 20% (although maybe it’s even not necessary cause even if it Taunt hero - he will be not charged by tiles). It’s obviously need to test for right balance but in theory it will add more strategy into raids.

@zephyr1 will guide you to existing post that has been talked long time ago about this (regarding alternate defense formation) but still ignored by SG.

Please click your vote to support this idea after zephyr move your post

2 Likes

Yeah? Thanks, I tried to search if that was proposed earlier but search here way too not perfect. I will

Merged, thanks! :heart_decoration:

I like this war idea also. Anything to enhance war, tournaments, or raids! Or maybe all of them at the same time for a week!

So many heroes now and I want to use them all. Time to expand the game board!!!
6 Hero defense/offense
9 tile columns

1 Like

Two rows of 5 on att and on def for everlasting epic battles. :sunglasses:

What about the idea of having the possibility to adjust the line-up. E.g. in Boss levels you often have 2 or 3 enemies or 1 surrounded by 4 which could have different advantages.

E.g.:

• 3 heroes get + 66% health each
  • 1 surrounded by 4 has the advantage that the 1 couldn’t be hit directly
  • other variations could change the number of fields where heroes could get a hit

I am sure there are many other ideas

Hiya,

Are you referring to being able to use a different order/ configuration for your defence team?

I.e. changing the way your team is set-up?

Yes, but not only for defense also for attack team.

Alright, I’ve shifted your request to a pre-existing one which focuses on the same idea. It mainly focused on defence but if it’s implemented for one it could be extended to attack also :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have a such proposal for make raids and wars less boring.

1. Defender can select a defence position from all possible variations (like in Springvale with 4 Foxes around Lady Wool, like in Atlantis, when you can hit only 3 enemies with tiles, and back 2 only after killing first, and as in S1 7-4, when wings is on front, and tank is on back)
  2. Defender can attack defence as-is or make “an ambush” - change enemy position (formattion, not order) to desired. Ambush should success for like 20% of tries, 20% should be outright fail and fight as-is, and 60% random different formattion should be selected, and ambush should considered “partially successful”.
  3. For wars there is a different situation - I want battlefield team placement really matter, and enemy formattion should be predefined due to relative position (for example, if attacker and defender in same column - then plain old fight, if attacker is in left column, defender in right - order change to Atlantis 5, when you can damage only left wing, left flank and tank by tiles, right heroes inaccessible, if attacker on right - mirror prev example Atlantis 5).

What do you think about this proposal?

1 Like

@Petri has this been dropped?

I don’t think there was ever anything to suggest it was in contention or being considered by the developers…? I haven’t seen any releases or hints or sneak peaks hinting at this ever being implemented…?

If you seach some the some of the old threads they had made a commet for about it. But it that thread is not been used any for inc updates

It was nice to see communication through that thread to hear what they have planned, but it seems dead.

Ok I stand corrected, there was a mention of it as a “considering but not working on”

Some of those items got added in. Most however have been sitting round (like this thread) for a long while now (thread last updated almost 2 years ago).