[Implemented V33 Update] Add Rainbow Flag Option for Alliance Banners / Pride Pin

There are several LGBT alliances in existence. It would be great if we had the option of a rainbow flag for the background of our alliance banners. It would help those who would like to join us find us more easily.

I support this idea just for the fact that I love rainbows :grin:

4 Likes

I have to say i think its a good idea for those of you that would like that

1 Like

I’m sure this post will attract some trolls, but: There are an enormous number of LGBTQ+ players and alliances. (If you don’t believe me, try searching alliances for words like rainbow, gay, and queer.) I generally don’t spend on the game, but I would pay hard cash for diamonds to get a pride flag pin.

P.s. Change how you sell pins and avatars? Give us access to a big selection somehow?

9 Likes

What does the sexual orientation have to do with this game?! For example, I didn’t request a Hip-Hop pin just because I like Hip-Hop.

8 Likes

Why not? A hip hop pin would be cool. I think players should get whatever pin makes them happy.

9 Likes

Yes to this a million times.

5 Likes

It’s a game. Adding personal preferences (including the sexual orientation) will split players apart. Let’s keep it gaming. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

It’s a game, true. But it’s also a community. If someone wants to create the hip-hop lovers of E&P alliance where there’s a rap battle initiation for new members, that’d be kinda fun. And if they want a pin with their favorite rapper’s face on it, why the heck not?

I use a cat pin on my current avatar. Am I creating a divide between myself and any potential dog, goldfish or rabbit person that might see the pin? I should hope not.

But if some non-cat person feels alienated from me because of a cat pin, I probably wouldn’t get along with them in the first place. Which would have less to do with their taste in pets and more to do with the fact that they judge other people over silly things like pet preference, music taste, gender identity or sexual orientation.

14 Likes

Rainbow pins please and thank you! :clap:

And will players really feel ‘split apart’ because queer people are displaying their queerness? :exploding_head: It doesn’t become any less about gaming if people have a rainbow that they’ve paid for with gems on their account :joy:

11 Likes

Hell, I’m straight and I’d probably still pay for a rainbow background or pin.

11 Likes

Who doesn’t love rainbows :grinning:

6 Likes

:rainbow: :rainbow_flag:

6 Likes

I need a RAINBOW FLAG PIN

SX425

Please SG! I need this in my life. And I’m sure many will love it too!!! :slight_smile:

16 Likes

I don’t need any pin, but I am sure it would please many people and nobody should feel harm with it. So it is ok for me :slight_smile:

8 Likes

@zephyr1 would this merged post be promoted to the top of the list? I’m worried my orginal post would just get buried into an older post and get less noticed. We need more visibility. Thanks

1 Like

Threads are ranked by a mix of views, comments, hearts, and votes.

So consolidating support for an idea in a single thread is always more effective than having multiple duplicate threads on the same topic.

Forum Rules also prohibit duplicate threads. Technically the rule is that they’ll be deleted, but typically the volunteer moderators try to merge them as a courtesy instead of deleting them.

New posts on an existing thread also bumps it back up to the top of the Latest list.

1 Like

Alright. I’m ok with it then. Thanks for clarifying

2 Likes

I love rainbows, I fully support this request :grin:

3 Likes

Let me add that E&P has a pin for Macao. Macao has a total population less than 700K.

I find it nuts that a pin doesn’t exist for the millions of LGBT folks have their own alliances as well as being mixed into non-LGBT alliances. But then on top of that, it’s a bit of a slap in the face that there is a pin for a place that likely has a handful of players.

If you do an alliance search, there is none for ‘Macao’ or ‘Macau’.

You don’t have to be LGBT to see the double standard there. It’s a matter of principle for the LGBT community and their allies.

6 Likes