[Implemented - V35] Implement Defense Team Testing. šŸ›”

@PoserPoppin This is a great and popular idea, with a few variations in how people have suggested it.

Hereā€™s a popular one similar to yours:

(@Kerridoc @Rook Possible Merge of Topic)

1 Like

Nice idea, we need more ways to test our builds.

2 Likes

Having the ability to choose a defense and an offense from your own pool of heroes.
Would give you the ability to test possible defense teams againt attack. You attack your own defenses that you set up.
I know people want to attack alliance membersā€¦ perhaps this could go hand in hand with that?

2 Likes

@ZEPHYR1 Thanks, Zeph, i knew there was a post somewhere in here similar to this, just couldnā€™t find itā€¦

2 Likes

Voted
20 chars of caricatures

2 Likes

Testing the own defense team or that of alliance mates would be pretty nice.
If they implement it I will propably spend the whole day raiding myself.

3 Likes

In addition to this there could be a list of all players set up the exactly same defense (mayby different order) sorted by power and beeing able to attack them just for fun without any influence.

Just facing the own team in different constellations and at different levels would be very cool.

Itā€™ll be very interesting at least to get to know how many (if any) players run the same heroes on their defenses.

2 Likes

And it could be helpful to test new heroesā€™ defenses in search for bugs to fix.

2 Likes

https://forum.smallgiantgames.com/t/field-diversity/95454

This coincides nicely with a topic I was just reading Iā€™ll link it here and then folks can check out both

Love this idea too.

+1

Let players practice raid their own defense team to determine best heroes and order to use!
Also would be handy to see how much loot raiders actually get from a raid instead of the ā€œamount in the watchtowerā€ posted on the raids screen which isnā€™t what successful raiders actually net.

This is a genius idea, I would love to test out my defense to see who should be moved where and who is best

Bump up a great idea.

Itā€™d be nice to also see how many people looked at your defense and fleeded (rerolled).

2 Likes

It would also be nice to not only test your own defence but the ones from your alliance as well. You can learn from each other that way.

1 Like

Now here is a novel idea!! Love it! You have my vote

Thatā€™s the idea behind the very popular [Implemented -- V35] Practice Battles or Raids Against Teammates in Alliance [MASTER]

1 Like

What do you think about maybe three flags each month to run attacks on your own defence team?

With the time, everybody who uses his daily raid flags knows how his team works together in offence raids. But, as we have no chance to see the line up of the attacking team, we can just guess how good the line up of our defence is.

Therefore, I think it would be a nice feature if we could have three flags a month to run attacks on our own defence team to check if they really work together the way we think or if an adjustment is needed.

I am new to the forum and not sure if this was ever discussed, but I would love to see a training facility, where we can use different defense combinations to test and see how they work. Maybe allow this training site to have your heroes fully maxed and see how they compare to your other heroes. This way you can decide what is the best defense to use and which heroes to level up first.

3 flags a month? How about unlimited flags!

Sadly, I donā€™t hold much hope for this feature. Reason is it doesnā€™t fit the formula of monetizing a micro-transaction game (yes, even for all the free players out there).

These games donā€™t want to let you spend time on their platform doing things that donā€™t cost either time or money. Thatā€™s why flags are on countdown timers and thatā€™s why the game is designed for grinding and for leveling up. Itā€™s meant to push you to become impatient with slow progress, so you spend money to speed things up (buy resets for flags, buy food and iron, buy items, buy heroes).

So letting you test a defense, unless it can be done as you say in a way that can be connected to grinding (like 3 flags per month, which as mentioned, I would find frustrating), itā€™s not likely to happen. They donā€™t want you spending a percentage of your daily time that you are active in the game on features that are allowing you to be entertained but arenā€™t really progressing you anywhere (like fiddling with your defense combinations for hours and hours). They want you leveling up, not treading water.

Iam pretty sure unlimited flags are not going to happen, because it would provide too much knowledge of the calculation and gameplay thatā€™s behind the scenes. And thatā€™s also ok in my opinion. Reduce the possible attacks to a level of three flags a month would provide the player a good base to test the defense and doesnā€™t allow the players to know more about the gameplay as already visible in the forum.

So I think this would be a solution both parties could agree too.