I'm relatively new. Need a piece of advice

I worked on my 3* for a good while before moving up.

Once you get 30 you can compete in the 3* tournaments and events which will start to give you the bits needed to work on 4* and into 5*

Still today I work on 3* too. Having a good set of 3* heroes never ceases to be useful.

Then as you get more into the game you can start to look at your 4* and eventually you’ll start to pick up 5* too.

We were all new once and it’s a pretty daunting spot. Also there’s a pile of training alliances that will take you in and help you to get better. Check the recruitment threads out.

And never be afraid to ask questions. The forum is full of very knowledgeable people who are happy to help you.

2 Likes

@Wizardo

Feel free to jump in our Crew training alliance. It will be a bit of a step up but they will help you get going. Titans and wars will all be new if you’ve not done it all before but they are a nice bunch and you’ll start to see all the game has a bit more

2 Likes

Just to update apparently they’ve changed the rules so we won’t be a good spot for you. But loads of others exist. If in doubt you can ask in the topic and people will offer you a home I’m sure

1 Like

Your welcome to join Voidbringers. We have 1000 cup requirement. It’s a great group of knowledgeable players from USA, Europe, Asia and Canada. We also have a LINE group to share game pics and forum links. Would be happy to help you grow in the game.

1 Like

One 4* that I would recommend levelling as soon as you are able to is Melendor. This is a hero that you have with you through to “end game” and beyond, especially if you pick up his costume at some point.

3 Likes

I just updated our recruitment post for Guardians Academy. We are looking for new players at the beginning levels. We are the ground floor of a series of alliances connected up to the high alliance that has members on the global leader boards. We specialize in helping players new to the game to get more familiar with strategies and game playing. I think you might enjoy it. If not, feel free to continue to look elsewhere. But I think you’ll like it. We have people from all over the world, although English is the main language. Either way, welcome to the game, (and to the forum! excellent resource for getting better and having fun!) and good luck!

BTW - I agree with the advice–build up your 3-star army. I’d recommend 4 or 5 of each color. Then start working on 4s! And keep building up your training camps, and keeping recruits in them. That’s how you build up your heroes! :slight_smile:

1 Like

As many have stated, it will be beneficial to always have a bench of leveled 3* and 4* heroes: you will be forced to use them in challenge events as well as tournaments. You also won’t want to neglect 3* and 2* troops as you can only use them as well in those scenarios.
Having a multitude of each color will also be beneficial as tournaments often will only allow 4 of the 5 elements and the various rules can make some heroes more viable for certain situations.
Challenge events all have one element that some enemies will have shields that reflect that element back.
5* are powerful truly, but they are intentionally kept out of certain events to allow us to still put our 3* and 4* heroes to good use.
Have fun and just enjoy the game!

1 Like

There are plenty of alliances that will accept a level 23 player. My alliance has a few in the 20’s and we have had members who were not eligible to fight in wars (below level 12). We are an open casual alliance. Some members come and go, others have been in it for over three years. We always seem to be at 28-30 members without recruiting.

You just need to find the right fit for your needs.

For Season 2 I would suggest saving up all the coins you get and using them all at the end, rather than some here and some there. As said, you wait for Atlantis Rising for the Atlantis portal to use them in.

1 Like

Thank you all for all your comments and tips!

Cheds

Dont worry bro. I know i need to keep growing still. I thank you anyways.

Homaclese

I could max Melendor because i have all the mats that are needed for him. But first i will finish Belith costume. I will work on him soon, though.

Tenley

Thank you friend. I have already joined to the academy.

3 Likes

Hello folks. I have a question and i need an opinion about this. I have pulled Grevle this Valhalla and i read a little bit about him. I think hes what i was missing. I reached province 15 in Atlantis and province 2 in valhalla but im starting to struggle. The enemies hit really hard and my 3 star heroes dont survive enough even with healers and share damage.

Should i insta max Grevle and emblem him? i think he will pair really well with Doogon and the heal boost can help me to go through Valhalla at least a few more provinces. Thanks!

Grevle is a good/ very good 3*, but I think that for those provinces you already need some 4* heroes to work with. Rigard is a must from my point of view (I still use him almost every raid, though I have almost 10 maxed 5* and over 20 other 4*) and you can also max 2 green 4* or 1 green and 1 Holy.

In my opinion, considering the heroes you have, I’d do Almur and Skittleskull. Almur will serve you a long time, as a fast elementa defense down. Skittleskull is not so great, but he seems to be the only other 4* offensive hero you have beside Almur.

2 Likes

Thank you!

Yes, i can max two green, one yellow (im not fond of anastasia or hu tao) and one purple. My initial idea was to max Melendor but im maxing Rigard and BT too so they are 3 healers and no damage dealer. So maybe Almur is the right choice here.

Grevle is easier to max, id love to give him a shoot first, ive read really good reviews about him even in raids vs 5 star teams

1 Like

The overheal is invaluable, and he has become my go-to 3* healer whenever I need one. Great in 3* tournaments and events. I don’t think you’ll regret maxing him at all.

He’s an over healer and any over healer has a place. But as you go deeper he is still only a 3* but if you are prepared to use items as you go you can keep him going so he can fire and start to buff everyone.

He’s a gem of a 3*. I used him in the last rare event to get me into the top 1000. His overhead and attack buff is magic.

2 Likes

I think I’d do Melendor ahead of both. Almur is great for titans and mono green teams, but OP doesn’t seem to be at that point yet. I get what OP is saying about maxing so many healers, but those dudes are all still everyday workhorses for most players, so might as well develop them now and wait for more effective hitters to come than waste mats on stopgaps like Skittleskull.

Skittleskull is just bad. I tried really hard to make her relevant somewhere, and the best I could do was against Ursena on hard mode, where her attack down was key, because I didn’t yet have a hero like Scarlett who brought that to the table. And if survivability is a problem, my CB Skittleskull (no emblems) has a defense of 630-ish. My Grevle LB+17 has a defense of 805! Both are slow mana, but you don’t even have to time overheal to make it effective. Plus, it requires no unfarmable mats to max Grevle.

1 Like

Thank you all! I wish i got gilinbursti from Valhalla but no luck this time. I will keep those orbs for the moment hoping a better yellow 4 star.
I will do Baltazar and then max Grevle.
The green stuff i will think about it a little more. I think i will max Almur and Melendor, who to pick first i dont know yet. Im sure the first 4 star i will max is rigard. He has really beefy stats and can be my main healer for a while.

2 Likes

And when you get his costume he will play quite happily with all your 5*'s. Mine gets extensive usage. As healer he is only second to my Ariel.

Excellent advice dude. :slightly_smiling_face: :+1:

1 Like

Hello everyone. I have maxed Grevle and he helped me a lot to finish season 1, advance in Valhalla and complete the rare event from circus. I got close to finish the epic one too but stage 10 overpowered all my rares.

I made to pull Marcel. I see hes a kind of tiburtus/grimm for green. Should i level him instead of Almur? I think almur is probably better due to his fast speed however Marcel has better stats and may be better, at first glance, in general pve but titans.

What do you think?

1 Like

Almur is better when you have other greens, they don’t need to have damage dealing specials because tiles will also deal much more damage.

I would probably max Marcel first, he have very good stats and will be more usefull in multiple colors teams.

1 Like