I'm over it

I was reminded of this the other day by a Mystic Vision advertisement for a pokie machine app that allows you to spend real money on coins that are not redeemable for cash to gamble with. “Mature audience only” it said and yet SG manages to subvert this and make their pokie machine PG rated? How exactly does that work I wonder?

2 Likes

Well, I personally don’t feel welcome on forums where someone blowing off a little steam is labelled selfish. Sure there are other threads where OP can post to vent. It’s not like OP is creating 10 different threads to say the same thing

8 Likes

Glad you’re feeling better! A little vent can help wonders :wink:

4 Likes

I feel you. I had a major crisis recently with this game after yet another round of very poor event pulls… i was beyond frustrated. Not the first time either.

You made the right choice to be done with all of this. Either you stopped completely or just went casual, it will be good for you.

Myself, I decided to take a step back and let it go. I play less and spend waaaay less. I missed even last MT event. No more grind.
I stopped expecting anything from chests and pulls. I don’t visit the forum that often anymore, or discuss the game on alliance chats.
I have more time now for gym and Netflix, stuff that’s actually worth my money.

Good decision OP, hope you feel better now!

5 Likes

Coming into this forum and screaming (in caps and hyperbolic language) is a bit like standing in the middle of the mall and screaming at the top of one’s lungs that the price of shoes at Macy’s is too high.

It’s not realistic to expect the people around not to be affronted, and no one within hearing distance can effect change anyway.

SG has made it very clear that they have a vision of the game direction and are not going to deviate from it.

:woman_shrugging:

6 Likes

And is this not more or less a rehash of what I said? (Ignoring the obviously glaring spellcheck there. I mean, no none I know wants to be figuring out pustules :laughing: ) If you are playing to compete and/or challenge yourself then you are playing for your personal entertainment. If you are playing to be top of the heap just because you hate losing … well …

Not entirely sure what you are trying to convey here but everything IS farmable in the game. It just takes much Much MUCH longer if you don’t spend. Like the fact I just reached level 70 after 3-1/2 years of playing. MUCH longer. And yes, it is all still a gamble.

Plus you need to loosen up on your anger. Just beause you are frustrated and angry at not progressing fast enough after spending does not mean everyone is.

2 Likes

Oh we are progressing from fan boy to keyboard warriors, if it was your rant I would award you 7 out of ten, but as a reply its lacking the originality, so its only 5 points.
A little bit of swearing, calling the devs greedy money grabber and your forum fellows ugly names, all in capital letters could take you to an 8.
For 10 Points you need an unique issue, so try again with your own thread…

Happy ranting

2 Likes

Bro I was in top 50nalliance when I left, at no time did I struggle with anything as if I wanted to spend I could but the fact that a lot ofmplayers I enjoy playing with could not and seeing the glaring differences in every aspect from.the game, I felt sorry for them and will always push for fair treatment for all.

My anger is how how a good game got ruined and all the fun players have gone because of this. Maybe if you were around back then tou would know what the game used to be.

LOL I WAS around back then.

1 Like

I mean…ruined for you maybe. The issue, as always, is you seem to believe no one else can possibly enjoy it because you don’t.

But (spoiler alert) I, and others, still enjoy this.

4 Likes

I have no problem with other people enjoying the game, I have a problem with people who enjoy the gaming refusing to admit how unfair the system is for the enjoyment of the full playerbase and the lame excuses that they try to come up with of why it’s fine for things to stay as the have been. Everyone here knows the community is what made this game great and back then the community stuck up for one another/ presented facts and helpful guides not just suck it up or gtfo.

All everyone here wants to do is have fun with their friends and meet new ones doing something they enjoy.

My other game is miles ahead of this one as far as thought of making sure everyone is included but the community is just nothing like here because it is a totally different kind of hero collector.

However many of the changes made there would work here and give the players what they want and you can’t even get a single top tier player to listen to reason in most cases.

I have never said people don’t enjoy the game but it is definitely a specific type of person that find this form of extortion acceptable and defend it. They remind me of those same guy with badges and guns that everytime there is a bad apple we are supposed to excuse the others that just watched those people do what they do.

2 Likes

I don’t defend that aspect of the game. I do constantly urge not getting wrapped up in that aspect of the game.

It is other aspects of the game that I enjoy. When (and not if) that changes, I will no longer be playing. But I won’t be angry and bitter about it because I played the game on my own terms. Which is what I recommend all players do – play the game on their own terms, and not someone else’s or SGG’s.

5 Likes

Explain this phrase for me that seems to be rampant all through these forums. “On your own terms”

What exactly are the supposed “terms” that a person starting a game is supposed to expect from a game.

Maybe I’m not understanding this phrase the same way others are, as a fair person, and at no point do I feel this game is fair to any playerbase in it at all, I will always try to take all perspectives into consideration if they make some form of sense.

People spouting hero drops NEED to be low and ascension matts NEED to be hard to obtain make no sense to me. Every game, prior to this explosion in the mobile world, had areas, events, methods that once upon reaching certain milestones, new abilities/dungeons were able to be ran so you could specifically go after certain items.

Perfect example is WoW. We all load up to go into a dungeon raid. Absolutely no garuntee that the peice you needed would drop, but eventually with enough runs it would. You knew precisely what dungeon/raid/lair u need to go to to farm said items.

If it cost 100 dollars per run to try and get these items, every singe MMO on the planet would have shut down within months as this would rub any playerbase the wrong way.

Almost every ftp/c2p I have ever played with in my time here simply wants a garunteed way to farm items/ marierials for heroes and the ability to plan on getting certain heroes. Any game that has these functions do not make it easy and still allows for whales to purchase said items as has been the case.

People such as yourself however, want to make excuses for not a single thing in this game to be “planned” or “earned” through time and effort. To farm most events that give u things you need insane amounts of crafting items to be able to place high enough to recieve them. The whales here could do hundreds of things to put SG in a bag of make it fair or go broke, but they simply only care about their own accounts and screw anyone who can’t afford to be where they are and this community simply was not like that in its beginning at all. So please what “terms” are you speaking of that makes anything these players are asking for wrong as thats been the way games have been since the start. Pay or work for it not pay or never get. That is the very definition of unfair, so whatever “terms” that falls under is utter garbage.

3 Likes

I think what Nevarmaor was referring to was for a player to decide what they would like to achieve from a game, any game, including this game, be realistic about their intended achievement and aim for the intended achievement.

Achievement will vary from player to player. Some aim for the top. Some want company. Some need to kill time. It could be as simple as a player who loves to gamble for new toys.

I get your point too.

Intended achievement can end up as totally frustrating if player only wants to stay on in mid tier but cannot summon a doable roster even after spending some money, grinding for free tokens etc etc. Frustration May come from not being able to contribute more to his alliance, contribute to his own progress by performing better, essentially the feel good factors from playing a game.

I am not saying that this scenario is common but it has happened often enough due to RNG. This game is riddled with RNG.

If a player is undergoing a severe drought of +ve RNG, he will need to take stock of his situation and decide how best to manage his growing frustration. He won’t be able to play “on his own terms” without sacrificing some part of “his intended achievement”.

Conversely if player only wants some company or to kill time, progress will probably not matter as much to him. This player can then probably play on his own terms more.

Think it does depend on what player wants out of this game. The more quantitative and goal oriented, the intention is, the higher the exposure to RNG and frustration.

If it’s just to kill time or to have nice game company, RNG or no RNG, no biggie.

4 Likes

I learned you quit some time ago. Do make your peace and carry on. Trying to persuade us of the evil of SG here is as useful as a priest preaching chastity in a brothel.
Good luck to you

4 Likes

:joy:

Using WoW as some sort of House of Virtue.

A game you pay a monthly subscription to play and if you haven’t time or inclination to farm for loot or gold you can just buy all the stuff you need from people who do. Or you can play cheap and farm it all yourself over time if you prefer.

Sounds familiar to me :wink:

1 Like

Say what? I think you are confusing me with somebody else. Everything I have in the game was “planned” or “earned”. Nothing was bought. That is what I mean by ‘on my own terms’. I play the game my way, not anyone else’s.

But hey, keep on ranting if it makes you feel better. :+1:

2 Likes

I love how having a conversation is considered a rant. I have not souted false narratives, name called anyone, produced any false I formation and yes I have quit but I still have many friends that still play. Some have moved to other games with but all of us have the same thought process. Hopefully something will change for the better.

I did t make some giant “im feeding aife” or some sob story yout7be video of me leaving the game, I simply didn’t like how people were extorted during the telluria situation, and after watching jow it was handled even worse after her release I simply looked elsewhere, but I gave aot to the community for three years and still give advice to newer players and would be willing to co.e back if so.e things changed, but from what I have been watching things have gotten worse for people and that’s sad to me because I remeber the fun times I had here.

I don’t know what your definition of a rant is but I thought we were having a civil discussion. Was I mistaken?

1 Like

And how long has wow been put now? And you literally listed the very thing I spoke of. Multiple ways to het things done, which is simply all the ftp players would like. Every hero should have multiple ways to farm/pull/ earn as well as necessary ascension items

You can farm and play this game for free. We have F2P in our alliance (top 200) and they are able to play the game at the same level I do.

No one make ms anyone pay anything.

But WoW, like E&P, can be sped up with the application of money.

3 Likes