I'm NEVER coming back! See you tomorrow! Vent thread

I know I’m quiting, already did it. SG, rimeber that the players are youre clients and you just s…t on them. Have fun SG. I see a lot of “profit” in youre future.

Thread… revived!

I know that they’re currently “working on” war matchmaking or whatever.

I know it’s not a perfect system. Bunch of different alliances, bunch of different team powers, etc. etc.

I know they supposedly use the Elo rating system for matchmaking, based on the last 20 wars.

Yeah well there’s a major problem with that.

So my alliance’s war score goes up dramatically when we beat an opponent that we weren’t supposed to be able to beat, and only drops slightly when we get demolished?

So we get demolished a couple times, and our next opponent is still an overpowered beast. But every 3rd opponent is a lazy team that absolutely overpowered us on paper, but half of them decided they couldn’t be buggered to log on at all for that war, and we end up beating them.

Game algorithm says:

“WELL HOLY :poop:!!! YOU GUYS BEAT THIS INCREDIBLY STRONG TEAM!!! OBVIOUSLY THAT TEAM WAS WAY 2 E-Z FOR U. DON’T WORRY WE GIVE U STRONGER OPPONENT NEXT TIME!”

Uhhhhhh no? Please no. Literally the only reason we won is because the opponent didn’t even try. It wasn’t because we’re better—

“NOW NOW DON’T SELL YOURSELVES SHORT! IF A SCRAPPY LITTLE TEAM LIKE YOURS CAN TAKE DOWN A BUNCH OF PEOPLE TWICE YOUR SIZE, YOU SHOULD ABSOLUTELY BE PAIRED AGAINST A TEAM 3X YOUR SIZE NEXT TIME! I KNOW YOU CAN DO IT!!!”

Actually no, we really can’t…

“DON’T BE SUCH A NEGATIVE NELLY! YOU ONLY CAN’T IF YOU THINK YOU CAN’T. WHERE IS THAT ‘CAN-DO’ ATTITUDE THAT ALLOWED YOU TO WIN THE LAST ONE? HUH???”

I already told you, we only won the last one because our opponents literally dropped the ball, seemingly on purpose…

“NONSENSE. YOU HAVE BEATEN SEVERAL STRONG TEAMS, YOU GUYS ARE GOOD. IT WOULDN’T BE RIGHT TO PAIR YOU UP AGAINST TEAMS YOUR OWN SIZE. YOU NEED - YOU ABSOLUTELY DESERVE TO HAVE A CHALLENGE! YOU’RE WELCOME!!!” :grin:

No, really, you’re not listening to what I’m saying at all…

“TOO LATE! MATCHMAKING CONCLUDED! ENJOY LOSING!!! I MEAN UH. GOOD LUCK! GO GET 'EM TIGER!!!”

Okay then. “Thanks”. For nothing. :neutral_face:

Oh well. :roll_eyes:

See you all tomorrow, I guess. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Comparing apples with oranges dude.

First get me frustrated to the bone with the ninja tower and those stupid Oni curses to the point where I tossed the game aside for an entire day and then set me up in the (1 on 1) war against a MUCH stronger opponent (again!!) and give me lousy fields against him as a bonus. I hate this game more and more!

8 Likes

6 Likes

I did not know that! Thanks :+1:

1 Like

No worries :slight_smile: This especially hurts in buff booster tournaments, if you get hit by AoE hero, it will really hurt your team, on the other hand, the same hero hitting defense team from offensive side will do considerably less damage even if they’re buffed.

2 Likes

This was one of the things I didn’t know about either before joining the forum. I never understood why, in every raid, I could have the same heroes as my opponent… I would hit them and it barely did any damage; they would hit me back and kill me? What the ???

Same damn hero, same damn level.

Ooooh it made me so mad. I thought the game was rigged or broken somehow.

Turns out that’s an intended mechanic. Always has been, though never openly mentioned. Just another thing you have to work around when planning your attacks - knowing full well going in that the enemy AI is going to probably charge up specials faster than you and hit much harder than you.

Cookie Settings