I'm NEVER coming back! See you tomorrow! Vent thread

I’m coming up on my one year anniversary next month, and feel the same way. I think of it like marriage, I used to love to grind and actively participate in farming. But now I just auto-farm out of sheer need to satisfy my heroes. If it wasn’t for the alliance itself, I would have long ago gone rogue.

2 Likes

February 2018 for me. I have been playing at a slower pace than most but I was still nearing end game until SH21. Maybe I’m just more easily amused.

August 2018. Since then, 18/24 hours. And I will keep this way till the end of time; mine or this game. I spent some on two accounts and no regrets.

1 Like

Autofarming Atlantis Rises while watching Netflix is much less fun when you’re out of cookies :cookie: :frowning:

5 Likes

I just got back from the store where I bought some cookies. Now I can get back to doing the exact same thing of farming Atlantis rising while watching Netflix. LOL

2 Likes

So power leveling Aife was my vent:

I quit E&P because summons were ridiculous and boards were rigged against me personally.

Just kidding.

I really enjoyed E&P, been playing since June 2018, had a decent roster despite spending not that much.

Why quitted?

Well I grew up playing classic games like Baldur’s Gate or GTA or Fallout 2 or Gothic. Games you could enjoy for some time, complete and move to another title. But the world changed and game creators realised it’s a much better business to constantly develop one product and have people playing it for years and spending on it for years.

I recently realised playing E&P became pointless to me. Repeating the same map levels, killing the same titans and fighting in similar raids over and over again isn’t entertainment but some kind of duty. And there’s no long term goal, no possibility to finish the game or even complete any meaningful milestone.

I believe people basically play video games to have fun. When it’s no more fun what’s the point in doing that?

I really enjoyed our forum community. It’s so vibrant and fun! I’d like to say big thank you to @Garanwyn, @zephyr1, @Kerridoc and @Rook. You guys do awesome job taking care of this forum. @JonahTheBard you’re not a mod anymore but you deserve respect as well.

Good luck guys and have fun!

17 Likes

@grzechol I’m definitely going to miss having you around on the Forum, you’ve been a huge contributor to many discussions, as well as helping people find things, and helping us moderators keep things organized.

I had thought you might end up on the moderator team eventually. :wink:

I totally hear you on the repetition and comparison to classic games. We’ve shared some productive discussion about those points before, and I’ve checked pretty seriously into Planescape: Torrment for when I’m ready.

But I don’t think I’ll ever be power leveling Aife on my way out. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

6 Likes

Thanks @zephyr1, I’ll miss our discussions and recategorizing threads was almost like moderation :wink:

You should give P:T a try, it’s like a interactive book with tons of dialogues and unbelievable climate. So different than today’s games focused mostly on grinding.

Take care!

4 Likes

Amen, sir.

Go in peace and find new and exciting ways to keep your thumbs and brain active.

10 Likes

Awww! You are one of the great positives. I will definitely miss you. :kissing_heart:

8 Likes

It was always a pleasure to read your posts and your skull avatar will be missed

Take good care of yourself and have fun!

Ps: OP Aife will be waste @grzechol

7 Likes

I have a complaint & suggestion
The complaint is that ridiculous prizes not only for the scarcity of access to escalation tools
But the amount of meat and iron also
The titan’s defeat prizes of meat and iron are silly no less as categories because with the category A prizes are considered silly
If each player calculates the amount of iron and meat used against Titan, he will find it a loss
However, the production of the farm of meat and mines of iron per hour in addition to what you get from the raids and boxes considered very little
For what requires you to do in the game of the development of buildings + tools industry + lift or escalate or train heroes
Suggestion
Improving the awards of the amount of food and iron from the Titan Awards, the mission of the Raid Fund and the mission of the Monsters Fund
Raise production per hour for mines and farm + storage capacity
Accelerate diamond production for an hour or a day
I hope you will take my complaint and suggestion into consideration to develop the game

They’ll say its random…I’ve got a word for it

Did 2 10 draws(one for myself and one for my daughter.) All rares! Not expecting a legendary every time, but 20 rares? Thanks for the feeders.

Well, the matchmaking does suck. That said, it has sucked in my Alliance’s favor for the past three turns, so plug in that Hoover and go!

I like the gem special deals. #gemspecialdeals Ditto on the emblem specials. Ditto on the energy flask specials.

I like the price of most of the packages in the shop. (The “chance of at least 2 of these” packages suck, but I acknowledge that I am at liberty to ignore these and save my gems for something more appealing. :wink: )

People leave my alliance, too. They generally pop in for five seconds, take a look around, then leave. Somehow I survive.

I’ll have to dig up some “and so on” to rant about.

Mostly, in the 12+ months I’ve been on board, I’m happy with the game, content with the prices (and don’t spend more than I want to if I’m not), like the people on my Alliance, and force my kids to play whether they want to or not (indentured servitude is a beautiful thing!). :wink:

Who could ask for anything more?

Rng=big bs

This is really RNG when I Don’t have one color in raid or war, guess what. 15 dice of colors what I don’t have. I observe this all the time not only once. But it started ■■■■ me off. RNG? HUUUUUUGE ■■■■■■■■

So, you’d like only tiles of your colour, don’t you? Yeah, me too. Just at the current war I haven’t tiles to kill even the tank. It happens sometimes. With other attack I managed to turn the odds of a bad board. Tldr; just deal with it. This is how the game it is.

1 Like

I still think its the moderators faults. I am sure they pick ONE lucky (un-lucky) sole to mess their boards up.

4 Likes

Nah, they need to mess with more than one person. They need someone to pick on when I’m offline. :smile:

3 Likes

Not one? That’s rare. Post pics.

I run mono. 6/6 in the last 2 wars against only 4K+ teams, including the top 3 teams on the enemy each war. And I use a lot of unemblemed 4*s mixed in with my 5s.

Bad boards are part of the game. Learning to tame bad boards and make only REALLY REALLY bad boards beat you is a learned skill. And it takes a LOT (at least for me) of failures before that learning sticks.

5 Likes

Whats your sample size?

I used to think that the game intentionally always put out “Weak” Colored gems for the tanks/majority of the heroes or mobs… so I thought… hey, I’ll just use “Weak” colored heroes… then I’ll be able to use my special skills all the time…

It.didn’t.go.well…

3 Likes