I'm all out of love. (likes) ❤

That is quite literally my favourite thread. It’s all about being creative and having some fun. Totally unscripted and can’t really ever be “off topic”.

6 Likes

Seems i missed a thread :thinking: hmmm

2 Likes

Expand your horizons. It takes hours to read but just start at the first several posts and then join back in starting from a few months ago so you know what we are talking about. @akionna really makes it worthwhile and I guess so do the other regulars. I can’t judge my own, sometimes, lame contributions. Several themes are somehow canon
The main thing is to have E&P inspired fun. :smiley:

EDIT: the internet broke my English. See @Gimliv for advice.

5 Likes

@SamMe @sft1965 I’ve also missed it so far. Now you two made me do it. I hope I have read enough and my contribution corresponds to the purpose of the thread. :rofl:

4 Likes

Me? I haven’t done anything except enjoy reading that thread, and run out of likes on the same thread. :rofl:

5 Likes

You got written in. Suck it up. :laughing:

6 Likes

Butterfly effect :wink:

5 Likes

@sft1965 @SamMe @Pike u all got me hooked reading that thread now… Like I’m not on here enough :laughing: :popcorn: :beer: but no wonder the likes are gone :crazy_face:

5 Likes

I can’t speak for the others but I like to inject a bit of myself into the characters. It’s a pile of fun. Sometimes it stalls until some wonderful person has an idea,

4 Likes

Kobayashi Maru

Unfortunately, even if you cheat, er, get promoted to moderator, it never goes away ( staff probably have unlimited likes )

Advice

Click for actual advice instead of snark

When you run out of likes

Take 24 hours off from the forum

Prioritize time sensitive, and active, topics and replies. This helps the whole forum ( see notes )

Use 10% to 25% of your daily likes for catching up on huge topics. I track these “catch up likes” using tally marks on a piece of paper. When you finish using your catch up likes, bookmark it and revisit the topic tomorrow

Tuesday is a good day to deliberately try to run out of likes. Or use 50 likes in a 24 hour period ( we don’t need no stinking badges… but they are cool )

In extreme cases, add a “+1 ( will delete when my likes refresh )” comment as a reply, then delete it when you can like the original comment ( keep your forum neat )

Notes

Click for notes

Trust Level

Merged Topics

Use your likes, especially for frequently merged topics

FIN

3 Likes

Thanks for your support, I like it. But I don’t like to turn it into a science. :wink: I give my likes as I like and when they are gone it was a day that I liked. (Is there a like bonus for using likes in the post? :rofl:)

6 Likes

Likes & Badges

But.

Badges

So

many

Badges

6 Likes

I just noticed that you were the second person to earn that Badge. :+1:

3 Likes

Thank you

Which badge?

4 Likes

The Crazy in Love Badge.

I missed checking the other Badge links that you provided. :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Cool.

I wish

discourse.org handled embedded links better or

iPhone keyboard let me super script

3 Likes

How do people find this stuff?

This is all it tells me for that badge (Crazy in love).

Screen Shot 2021-10-08 at 6.36.54 PM

1 Like

Others

Click on others with Badge (x)

It should be chronological

(Crazy in Love badge on Empires & Puzzles Community Forum)

You are currently #48 of 53

Loading, and counting, can be problematic

To see all Badges

(Empires & Puzzles Community Forum)

Notes

Click for notes

New staff

Welcome @caio and @davidsgg

(Profile - Caio - Empires & Puzzles Community Forum)

(Profile - davidsgg - Empires & Puzzles Community Forum)

@Petri
I see they still have their default avatars. You should throw a party next Thursday and unveil their custom forum avatars. I am told bonding over sparkling fruit juice/ fermented fruit juice/ sparkling flavored water / sparkling flavored grain juice / fermented grain juice while customizing your work space increases productivity and reduces daily friction

FIN

4 Likes

I feel I am doomed to be a limited human. I’m just not that smart. Thanks hugely for giving me some insight into the inner forum workings. :smiley:

I’ll take #48 anyday. Being #2 makes you kind of special and you are in the company of @Rook.

3 Likes

“Badges? We don’t need no stinkin badges!” :grin::grin::grin:

5 Likes