If the Guardian Gazelle dies from El Naddaha's buff block damage at the moment the skill is used, the Spirit Dance will not be removed

The title says it all.

During raid today, a nearly dying Guardian Gazelle used a special skill and El Naddaha’s buff block blocked the HoT and the Gazelle died.
However, the gazelle’s allies continued to dance and their mana was not reduced.

If it is a “working as Intended” that the Dance of Spirits is not removed if the gazelle dies in the same turn, I can act with that in mind from now on, but if it is a bug, please fix it.

Interesting. Thank you for reporting this. :smiling_imp:

2 Likes

I will take a guess and say this is working as intended. Gazelle tries give herself the HoT first, dies because of Naddaha in the middle of the skill and only then gives the rest of the allies the Dancing effect. Dancing would be removed if Gazelle dies anytime after the effect is applied but she is already dead so that won’t happen.

5 Likes

That makes sense.
With recent heroes, it seems that “death of a hero” does not stop the skill midway, since Kalø also continues to use the dead ally’s skill even if he is killed by a counter hero in the first AoE.
Thanks for the guess.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

I just faced off against a team using Guardian Gazelle (GG) and upon death the dancing wasn’t removed.

What I think happened was that since she self-destructed, due to El Naddaha’s ailment, she died before adding dancing thus the other heores gained it.

So in Magic the Gathering terms.

GG activates it’s ability to put 3 different abilities on the stack. The first one resolves removing all status effects. The second one attempts to resolve, but is countered by El Naddaha’s ailment’s triggered ability and GG is delt 200 damage and dies, before the third ability (Dance of Spirits) resolves. GG’s death trigger goes on the stack and removes Dance of Spirits (DoS) from all allies, Each allies’ mana is reduced by 100% if DoS is removed this way. However none of the allies had Dance of Spirits so the death trigger does nothing. The third ability the resolves giving each Ally (other than the caster) Dance of Spirits.

Now we have a situation where DoS is active while GG is dead. It’s not a bug per se, but i think it’s an unintended interaction where the allies are celebrating GG’s death. The fixes I would propose is having GG’s regeneration buff and the DoS switch places so that GG’s regeneration buff happens last, or have her first ability remove status effects from herself as well. That way if Gazelle dies mid activation due to ailments like El Naddaha it would correctly affect the rest of the allies.

1 Like

The dancing looks wrong. But are you sure mana was not cut? The mana is so low it could have been gained at the end of the turn.

That’s because the abilities went off before I decided take the screenshot. Though if someone can confirm this with El Naddaha against Gazelle that would be great.

1 Like

You are probably correct in your reasoning, it is the same one I gave here:

1 Like

@PlayForFun issue reported again but had no staff reaction in the previous report.

@Dudeious.Maximus I guess you can’t merge to the old thread that is now closed?

1 Like

I have asked Staff to check this and the linked bug above.

@Dudeious.Maximus can reopen this other topic, and merge this into it.

2 Likes

Sorry it happened so fast I missed how it happened. But you can clearly see in the screen shot my Guardian Gazelle is dead but the remaining heroes are still dancing. I think she dies from the S5 damage special.

1 Like

Reported a while ago, no news about if it is intended or not.

If GG dies from Naddaha’s “buff block w/damage punishment,” GG’s special finishes casting even though she dies on her self-buff. Since the allies weren’t dancing when she died they don’t get the punishment from her death.

Def seems like a bug to me, but months have passed with nothing on this

3 Likes

Thx for linking it.
I will ask about this from Staff (again as I see above).

2 Likes

Costume releasing later this month. Maybe they will fix it then. In V55.